IGNORED

The Official City Deadline Day Thread (Merged)

cityed

And here we are again. Its that bi-annual event that is both loved and hated by all football fan, players and managers.

So what do we know? All ears to the ground, all eyes on the internet and SSN!

All I've heard regarding City is we may be after Darren Ambrose. I reckon we may see one in and one out, but that part is pure speculation.

Let the circus begin!

This would be worse of all scenarios lose the player without any incoming monies to spend.

Not really, even if we sold him tonight for £3 million we are not going to go out and spend any of it on a last minute signing. Any new signings with that money will be done in the summer

Not really, even if we sold him tonight for £3 million we are not going to go out and spend any of it on a last minute signing. Any new signings with that money will be done in the summer

True, but it still doesn't sit right, allow your best player to go out on loan on the promise that that club will then buy him in the summer. People keep saying we don't have to sell, so we certainly don't need to loan out.

If the club do this then I'm not sure where were heading.

And here we are again. Its that bi-annual event that is both loved and hated by all football fan, players and managers.

So what do we know? All ears to the ground, all eyes on the internet and SSN!

All I've heard regarding City is we may be after Darren Ambrose. I reckon we may see one in and one out, but that part is pure speculation.

Let the circus begin!

I wouldn't say no , but he doesn't fit our new transfer policy surely ?

True, but it still doesn't sit right, allow your best player to go out on loan on the promise that that club will then buy him in the summer. People keep saying we don't have to sell, so we certainly don't need to loan out.

If the club do this then I'm not sure where were heading.

I think in deals of that nature a hefty 'loan fee' is paid up front, i.e the transfer fee that would be paid in the summer.This gets around the closing of the transfer window.

We would then have the option of aquiring a player using a similar method.

From the BBC....

• BBC Sport West's Caroline Chapman: "Albert Adomah's agent has told BBC Radio Bristol that he does not expect the winger to leave Bristol City during the window.
  • "The Ghana international has been the subject of two unsuccessful bids from Crystal Palace and also attracted interest from Bolton while he has been playing in the Africa Cup of Nations.

"Agent Tony Finnigan said: "I don't think he'll be gone, that's my opinion. If you're in South Africa how, realistically, can he sign for any club?

• "What could happen is that when the loan window is open he could agree a deal with a purchase price at the end of it. But Albert isn't seeking to leave Bristol City"

Archived