IGNORED

Jon Lansdown On Player

herman

interesting note from JL's post-window interview, he said that a lot of players are out of contract and that there were "a lot of them" which they "weren't necessarily looking" to renew (i am paraphrasing so not exact quotes, probably) certainly at this stage

probably planning to ship off all the major earners where possible, and make a large number of changes with the new recruitment policy in mind

he was also very evasive about the topic of contract talks with adomah

Skuse

Nyatanga

Stead

Heaton (we have a year option)

Gerken

M Wilson

Carey

All run out at the end of the season.

I think Elliott too though not positive.

Not sure about the younger players (Bryan, Burns, Reid etc).

Skuse has a contract offer on the table I read somewhere?

Heaton worth another year but the rest will be gone. Some high earners in there (Stead, Elliott)

If we go down would Carey have another year in him at Div 1 level?

Skuse has a contract offer on the table I read somewhere?

Heaton worth another year but the rest will be gone. Some high earners in there (Stead, Elliott)

If we go down would Carey have another year in him at Div 1 level?

I think Skuse has a final offer he doesn't like on the table so likely to leave.

Carey? Not for me. Time for the future.

All depends which division we are in obviously. I'm a Skuse fan so I'd keep him & probably Heaton though he still doesn't command his area enough for me. I do like Stead but not sure we have really got the best out of him )or will) and I doubt we'll offer enough wages.

Gerken, Heaton, although there was an extension clause that I don't know the criteria, louis carey, Nyatanga, M Wilson, Skuse, Amadi-Holloway, Stead, Lewis Carey.

Elliott I think has another year. Reid's recently signed an extension as has Bryan.

Think that's spot on, plus of course the Academy short term deals for Ajala, Krans, Dobie, Battersby, King and Jones.

It does mean that with 4 departures in January (Pitman, Woolford, Edwards and Morris) we have only about a dozen or so under contract beyond June, which I'm sure is exactly what Lansdown and O'Driscoll want.

Think that's spot on, plus of course the Academy short term deals for Ajala, Krans, Dobie, Battersby, King and Jones.

It does mean that with 4 departures in January (Pitman, Woolford, Edwards and Morris) we have only about a dozen or so under contract beyond June, which I'm sure is exactly what Lansdown and O'Driscoll want.

As far as I remember Elliott signed a 3 yr contract in 2009 with a one year option, unless there's been a stealthy new contract his is up at the end of the season too.

There's no particular conditions around the clause on the Heaton contract, it's an option for an extra year in our favour.

As far as I remember Elliott signed a 3 yr contract in 2009 with a one year option, unless there's been a stealthy new contract his is up at the end of the season too.

There's no particular conditions around the clause on the Heaton contract, it's an option for an extra year in our favour.

I thought millen tied him up last summe? Im sure he added on an extra 2 yrs in the summer of 2011. It was due to expire summer just gone.

Carey may be worth keeping for another year if he is not too expensive; he has proved that when he comes in he can still do a very good job; he has value as an important player for us for perhaps 45-60 minutes.

Heaton I would agree with.

Skuse? Not sure but perhaps.

Elliott... on the edge.

The rest will probably find it hard to be justified.

I would give a year contract to stead. He is our different club in the bag. He can get goals and in the likeliness we went down, he would be a great asset (albeit a luxury) to have in league 1. He may be slightly expensive but it's rare to find a player with his personality, someone who loves the club and will put every ounce of effort in each game. He will get us goals and he's not someone we should just disregard.

I would give a year contract to stead. He is our different club in the bag. He can get goals and in the likeliness we went down, he would be a great asset (albeit a luxury) to have in league 1. He may be slightly expensive but it's rare to find a player with his personality, someone who loves the club and will put every ounce of effort in each game. He will get us goals and he's not someone we should just disregard.

This. J S actually seems to care about the club and will always give his best. His reaction when scoring against Ipswich was what all the players should aspire to, a great role model for the younger players.

I would keep Louis Carey for another year if fit on a pay and play basis. Centre backs can play into their mid-thirties and beyond and use their experience to compensate for loss of speed. The tightest defence for many years was Arsenal's back four and they all played beyond Louis' age and into Wenger's early reign. I love the fact that SO'D has such an emphasis on character and Carey fits the bill in that respect. I'm very much in favour though of bringing in and developing up and coming hungry young players but complete clear outs and replacements take time to blend so retaining one or two experienced players with a genuine passion for the Club makes sense.

Archived