IGNORED

Mcleish Gone

East end Forever

Agree, generally means an improved performance after the manager departs. Would have preferred them to wait until after the weekend.

Yes and they could at least have saved face by saying words to the effect.. we thank you for your services but to lose in the manner we did to lowly little bristol city is unacceptable. fans at least would have had some empathy with that statement, toe rags that they would have been.

As it is they cannot even manage a sacking in a timely fashion. Lets regroup here.... can they do anything timely? perhaps ****ing off back to Iraq's smallest province would be the next timely move as far as a florist fan is concerned; and to quote one of their fans I might add.

Agree, generally means an improved performance after the manager departs. Would have preferred them to wait until after the weekend.

That is usually if the team is down in the dumps and the manager is out of favour with the fans. McLeish fell out with the board, perhaps the players will be down about it??

From our perspective, obviously - but not from the owners' perspective. We're an irritating nuisace that gets in the way of their running/ruining of the club :(

I disagree. Would you really spend money on a football club if the fans made it quite clear you weren't welcome? Bear in mind - ALL of your revenue comes from fans, directly or indirectly.

I disagree. Would you really spend money on a football club if the fans made it quite clear you weren't welcome? Bear in mind - ALL of your revenue comes from fans, directly or indirectly.

If I was an Iraqi multimillionare, why would I care?

Well it seemed even George Boyd could SEE there was something not quite right on the banks of the Trent.

Perhaps Curle did a reverse charge call to Kuwait as a leaving message from Nottingham to tell Fawaz that actually it was a good omen to have both clubs managerless for a short period and for the greater good. Well, so much shite has gone on you could throw any one of a thousand reasons why wealthy owners make such crass decisions and then, well, keep making them.

Or Perhaps there is some betting syndicate somewhere between Chicken shite landia, otherwise known as Venkyville, and Fawaz Mustava-Lookformybrain that pre-ordains these far fetched decisions. I mean how else can you warrant it? I reckon if you walk into a gambling den in somewhere like Dacca or Colombo you'll see tens of thousands of betting slips with the Mucleisha @ 2-1 Rp40,000,000 scrawled on them.

In the real world... oh lets wind back to 1992 or thereabouts when our Football League was pure...errrhummm... English... this would never have happened. Now its as common as a popadum in Bradford and a bubbling shisha on the Edgeware Road. Football, as we know it, that fair game of mud and toil and a fair entry price is long long gone. We better get used to this shite chaps its coming closer and closer.

Why would you be spending money on something you didn't care about? You're not making sense.

Not making sense?

You're talking about a man who believes what his hedgehogs tell him!

Why would you be spending money on something you didn't care about? You're not making sense.

Good God, how clear do I have to make it? The multi-millionaires don't care about the fans - they care about success on the field as an ego-trip, but the fans are irrelevant. Abramovitch is a perfect example.

Good God, how clear do I have to make it? The multi-millionaires don't care about the fans - they care about success on the field as an ego-trip, but the fans are irrelevant. Abramovitch is a perfect example.

He's a businessman, not a fan. If the fans convince a potential owner they will boycott and starve the club of revenue, the potential owner will not buy. Even this guy isn't dumb enough to think you can have any sort of success without fans backing the club.

Power in football always, always rests with the fans. Sometimes they don't realise it or believe it, but it's true.

He's a businessman, not a fan. If the fans convince a potential owner they will boycott and starve the club of revenue, the potential owner will not buy. Even this guy isn't dumb enough to think you can have any sort of success without fans backing the club.

Power in football always, always rests with the fans. Sometimes they don't realise it or believe it, but it's true.

You may be right, but his actions so far suggest the opposite.

They make a damn sight more sense than some on this forum ;)

I know this is a *****ly subject for you Aizoon, but agree with you on that point!!

P.S. We know their record on results, but what are they saying about the new stadium ? Do they think it will be AG or AV?

seems to be a fallout over the boyd transfer pathetic really how the transfer didnt go through so dont blame alex for getting the hump over it

Heard this on facebook the weekend from fans up there, thank god for SL and family

So now we know when they start signing their "famous club" bollards what they are on about. Famous for sacking managers every five minutes. 12 in 9 years!

Nobody, but nobody, will come close to Cloughie in our lifetime. Delusions of grandeur from a once proud club who overachieved during a brief moment in history. Now they are back to where they ultimately belong mid table championship perhaps the odd flurry into the Prem and once in 20 years flopping into the 3rd tier. About our level in the history and meaning of the game.

I think thats stretching it a bit !

A league title, two european cups, two FA cup wins (plus another final appearance) and four league cup wins (and a further two defeats) is slightly more than we have managed in our history which is precisely nothing of note.

well when you put it like that who can argue. hahaha!!! what I was angling at oh so subtly and clearly too much so was after we are all been and gone.... in other words... we got those days to come whereas they have been and done theirs.. get me drift sir?

I know this is a *****ly subject for you Aizoon, but agree with you on that point!!

P.S. We know their record on results, but what are they saying about the new stadium ? Do they think it will be AG or AV?

Well, Horace, what do you think?

"Obviously we don't want the AV site to go to those nasty folk who eat hedgehogs, which it will it we don't get the stadium. Also, that nice Mr Lansdown has promised a lush (maybe even gurt lush) wildlife area if the stadium gets built, which is a positive for us hedgies.

"On balance, I think that the results and the stadium are linked. If we stay up this season, Mr Lansdown will use his clout to get AV built but, if not, he'll settle for a redeveloped AG.

"Either way, we hope the club gets in a Memstad-style pasty stall** for the rugger-buggers and, hopefully, for hedgehogs and their owners."

** The real thing, mind - not Ginsters or that sh1te they serve at the moment

Archived