IGNORED

New Train Station

Welcome To The Jungle

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-FC-new-stadium-Ashton-Gate-open-rail/story-18057931-detail/story.html

Hopefully will go ahead if we do redevelop AG. Wonder if a deal could be struck with the train companies where a match ticket gets you free train travel to the ground or at least a good discount. Although I live in Bemi, I know plenty in Somerset etc who would benefit. The Germans get free train travel with their footy tickets.

Yes, and that will be happening.

about 2015/16 if the funding is still in place by then, it depends on who wins the francise and whether this is included,

Which I think is a pritty much done deal with FGW due to the govenments cock up over the East Coast main line

about 2015/16 if the funding is still in place by then, it depends on who wins the francise and whether this is included,

Which I think is a pritty much done deal with FGW due to the govenments cock up over the East Coast main line

FGW has been granted an extension on its franchise for just this project. Now, if BRT (aka the bendybus) is abandoned and replaced by a renewed rail link from Wapping Wharf to Ashton Gate Junction...

Don't you mean 'railway station'? This isn't the USA - yet ;)

Seriously, it's a great idea. I seem to remember that Ashton Gate Halt was last used when we were in the real First Division - against Leicester City?

Since when has 'train station' been an American phrase? I get the train every day and I get it from the train station. Trains station there, just like a bus stations itself in a bus station. What would you call a Bus station if a train station has to be pedantically known as a 'railway station'?

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-FC-new-stadium-Ashton-Gate-open-rail/story-18057931-detail/story.html

Hopefully will go ahead if we do redevelop AG. Wonder if a deal could be struck with the train companies where a match ticket gets you free train travel to the ground or at least a good discount. Although I live in Bemi, I know plenty in Somerset etc who would benefit. The Germans get free train travel with their footy tickets.

Don't be sensible.

When was the last time two disparate services got their act together in Brizzle? Or is that harsh?

Since when has 'train station' been an American phrase? I get the train every day and I get it from the train station. Trains station there, just like a bus stations itself in a bus station. What would you call a Bus station if a train station has to be pedantically known as a 'railway station'?

I call a bus station a bus station and a railway station a railway station. Simple enough?

I call a bus station a bus station and a railway station a railway station. Simple enough?

If you are using the surface the transport uses and not the actual transport, why do you not call the bus station a Tarmac station then ?

Buses - Bus station

Train - Train station

If you are using the surface the transport uses and not the actual transport, why do you not call the bus station a Tarmac station then ?

Buses - Bus station

Train - Train station

It's been 'railway station' since 1836, but I'm sure you know better.

I'm afraid to say that I'm in the train station camp.

I'm betting that your preference is dictated by your aged.

Aizoon is pretty old (and senile) and he's gone with Railway. (Love you Horace)

I'm pretty young (32) and I've gone with train.

I reckon someone could write a thesis on this!

Archived