IGNORED

Pompey

Dazy07

I hope they don't,there fans don't deserve it.

Sorry but the Pompey fans weren't very vocal when, about a month after coming out of administration last time, they went out and signed players like David Nugent and Liam Lawrence on £20k a week.

The whole football world were asking questions....why weren't their own fans?

Sorry but the Pompey fans weren't very vocal when, about a month after coming out of administration last time, they went out and signed players like David Nugent and Liam Lawrence on £20k a week.

Spot on, any sympathy I ever had vanished at that point.

Talk about self interest ! Thought this would about the sad plight of a famous old club.

They lost a lot of good will when hey signed players on stupid contracts.

I feel sorry for the fans, one of the best sets of vocal supporters in the UK, but there comes a point when you need to take a step back and say enough is enough.

They've been ruined by foriegn owners, and I suspect they won't be the last, sadly.

They lost a lot of good will when hey signed players on stupid contracts.

I feel sorry for the fans, one of the best sets of vocal supporters in the UK, but there comes a point when you need to take a step back and say enough is enough.

They've been ruined by foriegn owners, and I suspect they won't be the last, sadly.

Plus one. This will happen again Blackburn, Forset, QPR Man City ect.

If only AG had the noise of Fratton Park, you can't blame th fans for the club making stupid decisions.

I can't imagine the Pompey fans would have known there new owners were "not the real deal" when they came out of administration.

You can't blame the fans.

They have always turned up in numbers,good or bad times.

Amazing init !

Just the nine Cardiff threads on the front page - why FFS ? Its just another away game.

Anyway, Pompey deserve all they get but whether the supporters deserve it is another matter.

Of course the fans don't deserve it. With respect, what a ridiculous ponderance.

And for those who think the fans had any power to stop the owners spending again and again they should really think again.

The fans will keep on coming and hope the platitudes from the board is genuine because they are not privvy to any other information and I think you will find that there were plenty of demonstrations along the way and that is the only 'leverage' they have got; asking a fan not to turn up and watch his team is like asking someone, that dedicated and that ingrained on the brain with support, to pull a leg off.

Bit harsh, what were they supposed to do? How could they realistically stop a mad, foreign 'dictator' owner coming in and spending cash how he pleases? Even a boycott would've achieved absolutely nothing.

The fault lies with the individuals who ran the club and the FA's hopeless 'fit and proper persons test'.

Do feel sorry for the fans, the best thing that could happen is if they do go bust and start a phoenix club. Biggest shame is the Fratton Park situation as it looks like that will never be returned to the club. A proper stadium located in the heart of the community, when that goes it will truly rip the heart out of the city.

Pompey is such a densely populated city that there would be no room within the city boundary to build another stadium, a phoenix club would almost certainly have to be located outside Pompey and that would be a huge pity.

Archived