IGNORED

Stead

Welcome To The Jungle

From the first minute to the last ran and ran and ran. Caused their defence problems all game. On his own with sometimes 3 or 4 defenders and still came out with the ball. Great game

Glad you posted this. Thought he was fantastic ran his socks off. Should of done better with a few final balls in the second half but all in all he was great.

Played extremely well today ran his socks off.

But doing that doesn't deserve a new contract ;-)

I don't get why people don't think he should get a new contract? We should def offer him one and if he signs the new terms then that's surely a good thing???

Full of admiration for Stead and he said in the interview that he works well with Davies but has to work the channels more in that partnership. Davies would be my first name on the team sheet as he is the one player I'm confident will put the ball in the net if the chance arises. He's got that extra bit of quality about him than most in the Championship and it was a sublime bit of skill to make space for his deflected goal. Unfortunately though he has gone off injured. SO'D commented on this and says it highlights how important it is for for Davies to work on his fitness to make sure he is on the pitch and fulfill the outstanding ability that he has. Hope Davies is not out for long as he is our one and only goal-machine - looks a grade or two above Baldock to me.

I have always been irritated by some of the negatives thrown at Stead!

Top bloke who got carried off at the end of the season at the last game and I think (correct me if Im wrong) was voted player of the year!

His form has suffered under McInness as has everyones this season however he could well be the difference again this season....Hopefully he'll get a decent contract and want to stay...But first things first get out of the bottom three.....And win at Cardiff....!

Did very well. I don't recall seeing 2 home games in a row for a long time when I thought the whole team played brilliantly as individuals as well as a team, until the Watford and Forest games....ODriscoll certainly has turned them around.

Archived