SOD has made them a team again -

Heaton - two clean sheets

Fontaine - back to form that had Soton agreeing £1m transfer

Elliott - looking a force again in midfield

Pearson - covering every inch of the pitch and getting to balls first

Stead - tearing defences apart

Anderson - a constant menace

BRING ON THE CARDIFF

One good game? Think before you post. You look a little bit silly.

Only one?

I don't think he's had a bad game in the last five.

It's quotes such as: "We’ll never keep a clean sheet as long as he’s in the team" that are starting to look a bit silly.

Only one?

I don't think he's had a bad game in the last five.

It's quotes such as: "We’ll never keep a clean sheet as long as he’s in the team" that are starting to look a bit silly.

No.. thats a very realistic quote.. I guess you didn't watch him in the mciness era then??? Have you only been watching fontaine for the last 3-4 games??

No.. thats a very realistic quote.. I guess you didn't watch him in the mciness era then??? Have you only been watching fontaine for the last 3-4 games??

I've watched him all season and for the previous six or so since he arrived, and yes for much of this season he has been poor. As have virtually all of the team. But for much of the previous six seasons he has been consistantly good.

The bloke was totally shot of confidence, something that wasn't helped by much of the abuse on here and on twitter.

He's not a bad player, just somebody who has gone through a particularly bad spell.

I would not be surprised so see him in the side and playing well for the rest of the season.

Considering all the advice re. how bad a player he is from his critics on here, is it not suprising that S O'D has played him in every game since he's arrived?

Yeah, confidence and organisation. Still, won't stop the conspiracy theorists.

Conspiracy theorists my ar#e. Much of this squad has seen of managers before McInnes and if allowed to remain I've no doubt would see off more than O'Driscoll.

Anyone who has read my posts before will notice I actively dislike much of our squad. Reason being not lack of ability (which can be excused) but lack of effort and application since few games into the season.

Fonts has been a disgrace to the shirt for much of the season and the reason being for BASIC defensive errors week after week after week. Do I believe that within weeks O'Driscoll has (re)educated him of the basics? Has he balls!!! I will not be fooled by many of the turned performances, just as I was not last season as players were carried off because we'd (just) escaped relegation.

I really hope in the summer we say foxtrot oscar to the vast majority of the squad whether we stay up or not. They've had an easy run. For too long vitriol has been aimed at X in charge whilst the players show form during the run in and honeymoon period and revert to type in time.

Time to rebuild with hungry players who actually take pride in their performance. There are few others than Stead and Carey in this current squad of whom that can be said!

May I suggest thta the difference with SOD is that the players know what they're supposed to be doing under him. I know people like their conspiracy theories, and my own impression was of a team that didn't want it enough. Maybe, though, it was a team baffled by McIness' constant fiddling with the formation, and unable to understand their place in it and the reasoning behind it - if there was any.

I suggest that some people here would benefit from listening to what SOD actually says about what he's doing with the team. Zero leaping up and down and arm-waving, a lot of careful coaching - as he said, training them during the week for exactly what they'll be doing on Saturday.

Sorry but just because he's started playing well again doesn't mean people were wrong. I don't think too many people said he is a terrible defender, most were just saying about how bad his form has been this season. People were right to critise him, if he recaptures the form which made him a very good CB before, those people with praise him, all well within their right too. It's life, when your performing poorly people will criticse you, when your performing well people will praise you, you'll get that it pretty much any job.

May I suggest thta the difference with SOD is that the players know what they're supposed to be doing under him. I know people like their conspiracy theories, and my own impression was of a team that didn't want it enough. Maybe, though, it was a team baffled by McIness' constant fiddling with the formation, and unable to understand their place in it and the reasoning behind it - if there was any.

I suggest that some people here would benefit from listening to what SOD actually says about what he's doing with the team. Zero leaping up and down and arm-waving, a lot of careful coaching - as he said, training them during the week for exactly what they'll be doing on Saturday.

Possibly an element to it, but think of many of the goals conceded this season: X inviting players to walk past him, Y standing planted like a rabbit in the headlights.

Football is not some mysterious game. You put the ball in one net and prevent it going in the other. If players with little between the ears (Agbonlahor, Windass, Joe Cole to name just a few) can play at the highest level the crap performances cannot in my opinion be attributed to lack of clear instructions - did Fonts need telling 'tackle their forward'?

Remember David James was very complimentary of McInnes when he came in, players are now complimenting SOD. My opinion is that managers/head coaches are actually not that important. Players however have too much power and it is now far too easy to remove the manager than the player(s). During AVB's Chelsea reign I was really hoping the Russian would stand by him and allow him to rip that side apart and this mark the turning of the tide. Instead he bottled it and booted out AVB. Are we to believe AVB is incompetent?- I don't!

Archived