IGNORED

Holloway

CiderJar

i'm sorry but that is a total generalisation of the facts, a lot of players have played for both clubs and have always been held in regard by both sets of fans, from a BCFC perspective and off of the top of my head Ray Cashley, Donnie Gilles, Terry Cooper, Peter Hooper, Trevor Morgan, Brian Williams and probably Peter Aitken. For me it's about attitude if players cross from the gas to BCFC as long as they a) don't or haven't slagged us off and b) put in 100% whilst playing for us I haven't got a problem and nor have a huge majority of BCFC fans, but several others like Marcus Stewart, Danny Coles and Steve Phillips are not so fondly recalled.

Ron NIcholls, Barrie Meyer...

I am more City than is good for me, but then again I moved from Bristol some years ago, so not burdened by petty City vs Rovers rivalry involving 'hating' someone who is ex Rovers.

Sad really all this hate business, and it does get in the way of making sensible reasoned comments about another person.

I am sure some of your family/ freinds are Gas, and you might even like one or two, would that make you any less of a City supporter?

No it wouldn't , same with me.

Yes, but would you let your daughter marry one?

Not a great player but always put in a shift and for scoring 2 against the gas in a 3-2 win will mean he is generally held in high regard.

3 more I thought of Keith Curle, Trevor Jacobs and Robbie Turner.

Not sure he always put in a shift. But I've seen worse :)

We'll beg to differ then, I always considered him to be a 100% per cent player who lacked pace.

and fitness. Often seen blowing out of his arse after 65 mins was my recollection. Not bad, not great. Definitely better than shaun McCarthy

if you have read my previous post on Holloway and my personal experience with the bloke you would not have written that.

I'm guessing you haven't so no worries.

I havent. Pond life denotes that he couldnt be any worse as an individual. What did he do that denotes him as the lowest in society?

I would describe the likes of Charles Manson, Jon Venebles, Josef Fritzl, Ian Huntley etc as pond life...an alumnus of a rival football club? Hardly

Yep Barrie Meyer, beast of a centre forward, also played cricket for Glos I believe.

And an international Test umpire. His autobiography "Getting it right" is well worth a read. I remember his debut with the Glos and with City and his last ever game for us when he and Shadow Williams both scored hat-tricks.

I havent. Pond life denotes that he couldnt be any worse as an individual. What did he do that denotes him as the lowest in society?

I would describe the likes of Charles Manson, Jon Venebles, Josef Fritzl, Ian Huntley etc as pond life...an alumnus of a rival football club? Hardly

Nowt to do with club rivalry, as you should have picked up on in my post.

Now clearly he is not as low as those you mention. Hence I didn't call him scum of the earth.

Nowt to do with club rivalry, as you should have picked up on in my post.

Now clearly he is not as low as those you mention. Hence I didn't call him scum of the earth.

I have a pond in my garden and, to the best of my recollection, the scum is above the pond life...

• Admin

Exactly this...and as for the line 'but he's from Bristol' so fkin what!!

Doh!!! cuz he aint a plastic Man U fan or summat, he is a Bristol lad, and he sounds like he's from Bristol, and you sound as though you need to get yer 'ead out your arse. :bored:

Are you advocating disliking someone because of the team they support?

That would appear slightly hypocritical ;)

says a lot what's happened to city and this forum - bloke comes on to poke fun at someone who is born and bred gas and gets an earful himself. Perhaps those defending that arsehole would do well to remember what he stood for in his playing height. The man is a maggot.

Probably the same people who view the Wurzels as a band to rival any of the mercury prize nominated bands.

i'm sorry but that is a total generalisation of the facts, a lot of players have played for both clubs and have always been held in regard by both sets of fans, from a BCFC perspective and off of the top of my head Ray Cashley, Donnie Gilles, Terry Cooper, Peter Hooper, Trevor Morgan, Brian Williams and probably Peter Aitken. For me it's about attitude if players cross from the gas to BCFC as long as they a) don't or haven't slagged us off and b) put in 100% whilst playing for us I haven't got a problem and nor have a huge majority of BCFC fans, but several others like Marcus Stewart, Danny Coles and Steve Phillips are not so fondly recalled.

Ex managers John Ward, Terry Cooper and Fred Ford were liked by both sets of fans

Archived