IGNORED

Really Starting To Get P1Ssed Off

BS3_RED

With the Rugby lot.

I have been reading their forum and all they are saying is how they should have a joint say in the stadium on par with us the city fans.

Now the last time i checked this, Ashton Gate is OUR home and not theirs and Bristol City holdings is in all but name Bristol City football club and was put in place to stop us losing the ground in case we ever went into admin.

So as far as i am concerned the ground belongs to us and Bristol are tenants and as such they take what they are given and if they dont like it then they can **** off to the UWE with the sags.

I am really starting to see a situation arise where Bristol Rugby end up owning half or having equal rights on AG in the future. I really think that SL might ( when his family steps aside) leave both clubs in joint ownership of the ground. If that happens then God help the rugby lot.

Sorry but what's on paper is what matters in the eyes of the law and if push comes to shove the law always wins - we rent, they rent, were equal tenants so like it or lump it I guess they should have an equal say.

I was very uneasy when I saw that SL took the ground away from the club into its own company and now im wondering if this was a long term plan of SL. I have always trusted SL but this leaves me uneasy as it doesn't seem to be in the best interests of Bristol City.

I know technically we are tenants now BUT we all know its a admin protection scam. So in reality the ground belongs to us. Now AV will be paid buy in part the sale of AG, so that makes it ours and not theirs.

I am really starting to get concerned. What happens if SL walks under bad terms. WE could end up in the same position as the rugby lot found themselves with the Sags.

With the Rugby lot.

I have been reading their forum and all they are saying is how they should have a joint say in the stadium on par with us the city fans.

Now the last time i checked this, Ashton Gate is OUR home and not theirs and Bristol City holdings is in all but name Bristol City football club and was put in place to stop us losing the ground in case we ever went into admin.

So as far as i am concerned the ground belongs to us and Bristol are tenants and as such they take what they are given and if they dont like it then they can **** off to the UWE with the sags.

I agree

Sh*t game, sh*t fans.

I am really starting to see a situation arise where Bristol Rugby end up owning half or having equal rights on AG in the future. I really think that SL might ( when his family steps aside) leave both clubs in joint ownership of the ground. If that happens then God help the rugby lot.

Well, that's exactly what will happen if we move to AV. The ground will be built and owned by Bristol Sport, and both Bristol City FC and Bristol RFC will be tenants. I imagine things will eventually work out the same at Ashton Gate.

It's a worry because we've seen problems emerge at dozens of clubs when ownership of the club and stadium are split. Different owners end up wanting different things. Whilst Lansdown owns both it's all fine, but I hope something is put in place to ensure that City will always be able to call it home...

I really think that the supporters trust need to raise this issue with the club or this could be the start of us havng no ground of our own at all. There are plenty of clubs that is has happened to Wrexham, Oxford spring to mind.

Did anyone read the minutes from the Fans Parliament Meeting?.

THERE WILL BE NO BLUE SEATS IN THE GROUND....................ONLY RED!!!

The egg chasers will be tenants and it will be the same sort of 'partnership' that London Irish/London Wasps/Saracens (before their move), where the rugby club signs/emblems are put up when they play and then taken down afterwards.

My god, NickJ & Timbo7 have been recruiting well. :rolleyes:

BCAGFC

Did anyone read the minutes from the Fans Parliament Meeting?.

THERE WILL BE NO BLUE SEATS IN THE GROUND....................ONLY RED!!!

The egg chasers will be tenants and it will be the same sort of 'partnership' that London Irish/London Wasps/Saracens (before their move), where the rugby club signs/emblems are put up when they play and then taken down afterwards.

BCAGFC

Its the ownership issues that are important to me.

I know technically we are tenants now BUT we all know its a admin protection scam. So in reality the ground belongs to us. Now AV will be paid buy in part the sale of AG, so that makes it ours and not theirs.

I am really starting to get concerned. What happens if SL walks under bad terms. WE could end up in the same position as the rugby lot found themselves with the Sags.

Unfortunately technically isn't a small thing in this matter - we simply don't own the ground whether its an admin scam or not. We don't own AG same as I assume we wont own AV - which makes it as much ours as it is theirs i.e. 2 parts of f all.

Unfortunately technically isn't a small thing in this matter - we simply don't own the ground whether its an admin scam or not. We don't own AG same as I assume we wont own AV - which makes it as much ours as it is theirs i.e. 2 parts of f all.

I know and while it was just us at AG it was not really a problem ( as long as SL owned it) now though it had become a problem and needs to be addressed.

They will be tenants of the company that holds Ashton Gate as an asset - same as us.

Not true. There are three businesses, Bristol City Holdings which owns both BCFC and Ashton Gate Stadium fully. It is the only entity in which shares are traded. The Rugby club is a wholly separate business. JL said the ownership structure would be unchanged in redevelopment.

The ownership structure if AV goes ahead is not clear and anybody saying we would be tenants is speculating. It is important and we should find out the facts, but nobody outside of SL and JL has them yet as far as I know.

So you don't trust SL?.

The football club lost AG years ago, I'm not worried as I trust SL fully.

SL will not leave BCFC without a ground.

BCAGFC

Sorry but when it come to football....i dont trust anyone. I am sure Oxford fans trusted Kassam and the Wrexham fans trusted their owner. Plus how can i trust a man that has put us 40 million pound in debt and used that to take more shares in the club which in turn has given him more power.

This is bollocks. The stadium and football club are both wholly owned by the Bristol City Holdings which is the only entity in which shares are traded. They are a group.

There is also no administration safety offered by this.

So what do you suggest, fans find £36m from somewhere and buy the ground?.

BCAGFC

So we just close our eyes and hope everything is ok then shall we. We can start by asking the club questions about this and find out once and for all how we stand.

We are not tenants at present thoguh, and AFAIK Ashton Gate Ltd is owned by Bristol Sport, which also now owns the Rugby club. Doesn't make them the same company.

We are tenants. We pay rent.

Don't quote me on this but I know its something along these lines, Ashton gate is owned by Ashton gate Ltd and Bristol City is owned by Bristol City holdings and the rugby club is probably owned by something like Bristol Rugby, all of which are owned by SL under a group name of Bristol Sports. We (the football club) pay rent to Ashton gate Ltd for use of there stadium - the same as the rugby club will (although different amount's, we pay next to nothing - but I think legally there needs to be something moving through the books).

Anyone fancy clearing this up with a few more facts please go ahead.

So we just close our eyes and hope everything is ok then shall we. We can start by asking the club questions about this and find out once and for all how we stand.

The football club has debts that have been mounted up by SL, Wilson, Johnson, Coppell, Millen, McInnes, whether you agree with it or not, that was the price of Division 1/Championship football.

The majority of those debts have been transfered into shares in BCFC by SL, if he didn't do that, we wouldn't have a football club to support as the football club would be lumbered with £41m of debt and we know what would happen then.

You are listening to the scaremongering minority, don't panic.

BCAGFC

P.s. Do you watch from the EE by any chance?.

We are tenants. We pay rent.

Don't quote me on this but I know its something along these lines, Ashton gate is owned by Ashton gate Ltd and Bristol City is owned by Bristol City holdings and the rugby club is probably owned by something like Bristol Rugby, all of which are owned by SL under a group name of Bristol Sports. We (the football club) pay rent to Ashton gate Ltd for use of there stadium - the same as the rugby club will (although different amount's, we pay next to nothing - but I think legally there needs to be something moving through the books).

Anyone fancy clearing this up with a few more facts please go ahead.

Martin Griffiths (head of Bristol Sport) said at the Fans Parliament that Bristol Rugby will be tenants of Bristol City Holdings. Think that's pretty clear.

Archived