IGNORED

Really Starting To Get P1Ssed Off

BS3_RED

I hope the Bristol rugby fans will be treated as equals when they come over to this side of the river. It will be their ground as much as our's....and we should accept that. It is about time they had there own ground, and the shared ownership should be viewed as a positive rather than a negative. Together, both team will have a better chance of success. I am rather surprised by some of the narrow minded comments on this thread. Try looking at the bigger picture!

Think its more the way they're coming across, the first sniff of AG and they're demanding things left right and centre, if they simply proposed things for discussion then people probably wouldn't feel (so) annoyed.

I hope the Bristol rugby fans will be treated as equals when they come over to this side of the river. It will be their ground as much as our's....and we should accept that. It is about time they had there own ground, and the shared ownership should be viewed as a positive rather than a negative. Together, both team will have a better chance of success. I am rather surprised by some of the narrow minded comments on this thread. Try looking at the bigger picture!

Think it's the 'equal' mentality that's p!ssing people off...what exactly are bristol rugby bringing that makes them equal? As much as I hate rugby and would rather them not coming it's a serious question because I can't see anything that would deem them equal

Think it's the 'equal' mentality that's p!ssing people off...what exactly are bristol rugby bringing that makes them equal? As much as I hate rugby and would rather them not coming it's a serious question because I can't see anything that would deem them equal

Rent...

Or if you look at it the other way, if one club want to do something about the ground and both teams have a 50/50 say it could turn into you want to do that so unless you let us do this.... sort of thing and then the clubs don't get on with each other...

AG will always be our ancestral home, but Bristol Rugby will be equal partners in the future. That's a good thing! Both sides working together to pay the bills etc

Im really struggling to see how giving up 50% of our ground is a good thing. Can you please enlighten me.

I'm not sure how it all works but if City are also tenants of the ground and pay the same amount, technically we would be seen as equal for paying the same. Regardless of how long we've played there compared to them.

I can see this but the cynical side of me also feels that bristol rugby (mainly the fans) see it as an opportunity to grab back what their management threw away to the theiving gas...doesn't lie fair to us in my eyes

Im really struggling to see how giving up 50% of our ground is a good thing. Can you please enlighten me.

Me too, I wonder if any rugby fans saw as a good thing when everything went fifty fifty with the gas, in order to share a few bills, short term gain equalled loss of their home.

Or if you look at it the other way, if one club want to do something about the ground and both teams have a 50/50 say it could turn into you want to do that so unless you let us do this.... sort of thing and then the clubs don't get on with each other...

Both teams don't have an equal say......the owner makes the decision. That's the majority shareholder. The same person who decided (quite rightly) that it makes sense for both teams to share the ground!

I like the idea of both these things they ask - there is a stadium in Germany the Allianz I think that changes colour dependant on who is playing. Them demanding it is a massive piss take and a red rag to a bull.

It is the Allianz but it's the exterior panels:

The panels appear white from far away but when examined closely, there are little dots on the panels. When viewed from far away, the eye combines the dots and sees white. When viewed close up however, it is possible to see through the foil. The foil has a thickness of 0.2 mm. Each panel can be independently lit with white, red, or blue light. The intention is to light the panels at each game with the colors of the respective home team, or white if the home team is the German national football team or used as a neutral venue, like the 2012 UEFA Champions League Final. Other colours and / or multicolor and / or interchanging lighting schemes are possible indeed, but Munich Police strongly insists on uni-color only due to several car accidents on the nearby autobahn A9 with drivers being distracted by the changing lights. Allianz arena's innovative stadium-facade lighting concept has been subsequently adopted in other newly built venues, like the MetLife Stadium, in the US, which lights up in blue for the Giants, green for the Jets, and red for a concert.

With electricity costs for the light of about 50 Euros (75 USD) per hour only, the construction evolved such luminosity that in clear nights the stadium can easily be spotted even from Austrian mountain tops, e.g. from a distance of 50 miles (80 km).

220px-Allianzarenacombo.jpg

Judging by that it's expensive to do, probably would be expensive to install and ultimately not worth the hassle. In my eyes if matching the stadium means so much to the rugby lot then they have two options

1) Do a Cardiff and wear red

or

2) Find another stadium that'll be blue... like with the blue few.

One thing I would say, I think moving the memorial gates to either a new AV stadium or the redeveloped AG would be a nice respectful gesture that would cost us very little. We obviously can't have blue anywhere around the place but if having the rugby club there helps us get better catering and bar facilities that'll be great. We don't have to get all worked up about sharing - Bristol Rugby aren't competitors and if our club and theirs working together gives us better facilities and lower costs it should help us stamp the blue few into the non league obscurity they deserve.

However if there are any circumstances under which control of the stadium we play in is going to be separated from the football club (ie one can change ownership without the other) then we must resist that fully. I have no reason to believe that would happen though, only speculation so far and in my opinion quite pessimistic speculation.

It's not "our ground" -it belongs to Stephen Lansdown ...................the process started a long time ago.

"We" have relied on his money and have been happy to take it - he is paying for (or underwriting) the cost of the AG redevelopment.

He is not going to shaft the club, but equally - having put in £35M already, and another £40M for the redevelopment - he has decided to move Bristol Rugby in as tennants so going forward (his favourite phrase) he won't have to put in quite so much money to cover our loses.

So instead of "giving up 50% of our ground" the alternative could be he raises admission prices to make up for the loss of the Rugby rental........................how would you feel about that?

I'm not SL's biggest fan (purely in terms of his football judgement Tinnion/Coppell/Millen) but in terms of the financials he's been straight and very supportive of the playing budget .

I don't see any problem sharing with Bristol, it seems like it will be done proffessionally with the proper pitch etc and the sharing has the added bonus of depriving the Gas of much needed revenue that they were banking on to help with their ground running costs. Win-Win

CR

It's not "our ground" -it belongs to Stephen Lansdown ...................the process started a long time ago.

"We" have relied on his money and have been happy to take it - he is paying for (or underwriting) the cost of the AG redevelopment.

Aston Gate is our ground.It might not be legally anymore due to SL splitting the ground from the team but its ours.

He is not going to shaft the club, but equally - having put in £35M already, and another £40M for the redevelopment - he has decided to move Bristol Rugby in as tennants so going forward (his favourite phrase) he won't have to put in quite so much money to cover our loses.

Its not our fault that the bloke has not got a clue on how to run a football club and as a result we are 41 million in debt. Most of that money is down to his bad running of the club.

So instead of "giving up 50% of our ground" the alternative could be he raises admission prices to make up for the loss of the Rugby rental........................how would you feel about that?

I have no problem with Bristol moving in as TENANTS, i do have an issue with them being GIVEN a percentage of our ground

I'm not SL's biggest fan (purely in terms of his football judgement Tinnion/Coppell/Millen) but in terms of the financials he's been straight and very supportive of the playing budget .

I don't see any problem sharing with Bristol, it seems like it will be done proffessionally with the proper pitch etc and the sharing has the added bonus of depriving the Gas of much needed revenue that they were banking on to help with their ground running costs. Win-Win

CR

Like i have said above, i dont mind Bristol moving in and can see some benefits in it. However I was uneasy when SL split the Stadium from the team and i am potentially even more uneasy now.

There are to many stories in football of owners who seemed to love their club then screwing them over. I am not saying SL will do that to us but i am sure Palace and Wrexham fans, didnt think it would happen to them.

Aston Gate is our ground.It might not be legally anymore due to SL splitting the ground from the team but its ours.

Its not our fault that the bloke has not got a clue on how to run a football club and as a result we are 41 million in debt. Most of that money is down to his bad running of the club.

I have no problem with Bristol moving in as TENANTS, i do have an issue with them being GIVEN a percentage of our ground

Like i have said above, i dont mind Bristol moving in and can see some benefits in it. However I was uneasy when SL split the Stadium from the team and i am potentially even more uneasy now.

There are to many stories in football of owners who seemed to love their club then screwing them over. I am not saying SL will do that to us but i am sure Palace and Wrexham fans, didnt think it would happen to them.

Ashton Gate is not yours, our ours, or his or hers......it belongs to a group of businessmen....of whom SL is the majority shareholder. He pretty much owns both the football and rugby club, who will both be joint tenants at AG. You can claim it to be ours as much as you like.......but it's not!

Pretty callous and unfair assessment. SteveL has spent millions of his own money in a decade of trying to make us successful, it's not as though he's borrowed from banks etc to finance it, he's pumped his own money into the club, it hasn't paid off and he's come out himself and said he should have been more careful with spending, but I bet there's not many on here who wouldn't find themselves a bit blinded by trying to make the club they love successful. Being dispassionate when you own the club you grew up with and you can afford to finance it is pretty unlikely. There are far, far worse chairmen in the FL and some of the language that still gets thrown around about SL is a disservice to what the man has at worst tried to do for City

Here here

I do NOT want Rugby at our ground. I couldnt give two arses if there is a new pitch that can cope with both football and rugby.

As far as im concerned I want Ashton Gate or AV to be the stadium of Bristol City and nothing more

It's Hear Hear

If you want AG/AV to be exclusive to BCFC then be prepared to pay for it................

The bill that SL has picked up is between £75 - £127Million depending on AG or AV.

If Bristol RFC pay - say - £500K** per annum in rent then that would be the equivalent of 50 quid extra on your season ticket

Happy with that are you ?

** Wasps pay £650K pa to play at wycombe, Saracens £489K at Watford. so 500K seems about right,

It's Hear Hear

If you want AG/AV to be exclusive to BCFC then be prepared to pay for it................

The bill that SL has picked up is between £75 - £127Million depending on AG or AV.

If Bristol RFC pay - say - £500K** per annum in rent then that would be the equivalent of 50 quid extra on your season ticket

Happy with that are you ?

** Wasps pay £650K pa to play at wycombe, Saracens £489K at Watford. so 500K seems about right,

or at 9.5k per week one less costly player in the squad? Am I happy with that? not really but rugby is not the be all and end all that it's suddenly made out to be

or at 9.5k per week one less costly player in the squad? Am I happy with that? not really but rugby is not the be all and end all that it's suddenly made out to be

Nobody has made it out be the be all and end all have they?

People are just trying to explain how it's going to work because there are a few who are getting a little bit precious about someone else using AG.

The more that a facility gets used the better, can't we find some other sports around that are willing to use it as a base. Eventually they can all play in red and white.

I cant understand the AG is ours you cant play here, or if you do it's under our terms attitude of some people.

Lansdown owns both the football club and the rugby club and bankrolls them both. What I struggle to understand is why would he give 500k per season to the rugby club for them to go and give it to us. Lansdown as we know doesn't like to 'give' money away so as the owner of both wouldn't it make more sense to himself to let the rugby club play at a stadium he owns for free?

Lansdown owns both the football club and the rugby club and bankrolls them both. What I struggle to understand is why would he give 500k per season to the rugby club for them to go and give it to us. Lansdown as we know doesn't like to 'give' money away so as the owner of both wouldn't it make more sense to himself to let the rugby club play at a stadium he owns for free?

Under the terms of Football Fair Play rent from a tenant is counted at legitimate income which can be spent on players whereas a 500K gift from the owner is not. Its a clever way around FFP. SL doesn't have to do the same for the Rugby club as there are no such regulations for them.

Under the terms of Football Fair Play rent from a tenant is counted at legitimate income which can be spent on players whereas a 500K gift from the owner is not. Its a clever way around FFP. SL doesn't have to do the same for the Rugby club as there are no such regulations for them.

But point is tho that Lansdown doesn't gift money to us. He converts any investments into more shares so I fail to see why all of a sudden he would start to gift money. The only way it would make.sense is if SL covered the 500k and then converted that into shares at the rugby club. But if I was an owner of two companies and decided to put them both under one roof I then wouldn't be charging the other a rent.

As i have previously said the UWE Stadium was never set up on the basis of sharing with Bristol Rugby and since we started on this project Bristol RC have said nothing and most were sure that they would end up at Lansdown Toytown. The Rugby has clearly stated recently that both they and yourselves will rent the ground on a 50/50 basis. IMO Lansdown has been very clever with his investment in both clubs and knows now that he holds all the aces in that you (the football club) no longer own a ground whether you stay at Ashton gate or move to Ashton Vale. I am sure harry Dolman will be turning in his grave.

As i have previously said the UWE Stadium was never set up on the basis of sharing with Bristol Rugby and since we started on this project Bristol RC have said nothing and most were sure that they would end up at Lansdown Toytown. The Rugby has clearly stated recently that both they and yourselves will rent the ground on a 50/50 basis. IMO Lansdown has been very clever with his investment in both clubs and knows now that he holds all the aces in that you (the football club) no longer own a ground whether you stay at Ashton gate or move to Ashton Vale. I am sure harry Dolman will be turning in his grave.

Really? Link?

No, thought not.

Your 5000 will look brilliant in that new stadium

Archived