IGNORED

Scoring In Consecitive Games ?

Frome Red

After reading Jordan Rhodes scored for the 7th game running for Blackburn on Saturday ! Does anyone know who holds the English league record and city's ? I think Defoe had 10 at Bournemouth but not sure if that is the English record ? Also out of interest I believe messi is currently on 13 games at barca !

After reading Jordan Rhodes scored for the 7th game running for Blackburn on Saturday ! Does anyone know who holds the English league record and city's ? I think Defoe had 10 at Bournemouth but not sure if that is the English record ? Also out of interest I believe messi is currently on 13 games at barca !

Also 46 for the season!

Luton Town's Joe Payne, who started life on the wing and was playing up front for the first time for the Hatters, holds the record for the most goals scored in a league game by an individual player. Payne scored 10 goals in the Hatters' 12-0 victory over Bristol Rovers on Easter Monday in 1936.

Luton Town's Joe Payne, who started life on the wing and was playing up front for the first time for the Hatters, holds the record for the most goals scored in a league game by an individual player. Payne scored 10 goals in the Hatters' 12-0 victory over Bristol Rovers on Easter Monday in 1936.

Against any other team that would be impressive.

Sorry, who was that against? Surely it wasn't the team that's never been in the bottom division?

Think our record might be Alf Rowles who scored in 6 consecutive matches (12 goals!) although more recently I think Bas Savage might have beaten that :shifty:

Alfie Rowles' 12 goals came on his first six League games which is more impressive still. The history book I have doesn't make it clear though whether he scored in all six.

71-72 season, Peter Spiring scored in five consec games.

2A
  • photo-thumb-126.png?_r=0
  • Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • LocationPeterborough

Posted Today, 07:15 AM

MrBibs, on 11 Feb 2013 - 23:05, said:snapback.png

Think our record might be Alf Rowles who scored in 6 consecutive matches (12 goals!) although more recently I think Bas Savage might have beaten that :shifty:

Alfie Rowles' 12 goals came on his first six League games which is more impressive still. The history book I have doesn't make it clear though whether he scored in all six.

71-72 season, Peter Spiring scored in five consec games.

22a,

The book I looked in showed him scoring in all six - 3,2,2,1,1 and 3

A A J Micklewright (who he?) scored in six consecutive games in 1954...

Anyone remember him? Can't say I do!

Signed in the Summer of 1953, scored twice on his debut and 21 total in his first season 53-54. In 1955-56 season he was sold to Swindon for £1,000. (after City beat Swindon 2-1).

Archived