IGNORED

Barton Really Is A Piece Of Work

Esmond Million's Bung

But where have all these people been throughout Gascoigne's entire struggle? I'm sure all donations to his, what will undoubtedly be very expensive, treatment will be appreciated, but it's almost an easy way for some to 'help' without having to get their own hands dirty.

The same way 90% of us would buy the odd big issue or put a few pence in a charity box but chuck an entire meal in a bin while a guy in desperate need of it is sitting two feet away on the floor. Ignorance is bliss.

But where have all these people been throughout Gascoigne's entire struggle? I'm sure all donations to his, what will undoubtedly be very expensive, treatment will be appreciated, but it's almost an easy way for some to 'help' without having to get their own hands dirty.

The same way 90% of us would buy the odd big issue or put a few pence in a charity box but chuck an entire meal in a bin while a guy in desperate need of it is sitting two feet away on the floor. Ignorance is bliss.

You have obviously no idea whatsoever about trying to help a dear friend suffering with alcoholism, truth is you cannot help, until they ask for it.

Or, as Barton says, using it as a platform for their own profile.

just saying.

That's bullshit and Barton knows it, the campaign was started by the sun and they are the one's naming the players who are contributing.

Please don't assume Esmond. My father is an alcoholic. I'm well aware what a struggle it can be.

I'm not sure Gascoigne even 'asked for help' in this case. Seems to me some people took it into their own hands after his shambolic appearance at a recent event. I'm merely saying those who are doing nothing but donating a few pounds while they've been annonymous throughout all his other well-publicised troubles could well be trying to enhance their own image as much as anything else.

Please don't assume Esmond. My father is an alcoholic. I'm well aware what a struggle it can be.

I'm not sure Gascoigne even 'asked for help' in this case. Seems to me some people took it into their own hands after his shambolic appearance at a recent event. I'm merely saying those who are doing nothing but donating a few pounds while they've been annonymous throughout all his other well-publicised troubles could well be trying to enhance their own image as much as anything else.

i'm sorry to hear about your father, I really am I have had direct experiences with 2 dear friends.

But I suspect in this case that Gazza does not have the sort of cash to pay for this sort of treatment and it was initially Chris Evans and Gary Lineker who paid for his air fare and initial treatment, these guys are doing the only thing they can possibly do and help to pay his bills, I cannot think of one other thing these untrained people could possibly do under the circumstances, other than offer best wishes or pray and that don't pay no bills.

and unlike the gobshite thug Barton it's actually something.

I know an alcoholic. He was in a bad way.

Put him inside prison.

Do you know how he beat it?

Cannabis.

Ok from one to the other might not seem ok to some but a few joints is far better than pickling your organs.He's been dry for 15 years

It works for him. He even comes out to bars drinking juice and it doesn't bother him one bit.

Just has a little smokey before going in

Now Barton has a point, but has expressed it like a complete and utter tool at an inappropriate time and an inappropriate event. Giving money in donations should, imo, never be bragged about or taken pride in, why? Because as soon as you tell someone you have donated, you are quite often boosting your own image. So the donation was to make you seem charitable and kind, as opposed to donating because you want to help. Now I'm not taring all with the same brush, many donate because they give a damn, but there always are a few who donate to boost an image. If you brag on twitter, or fb, then you are also a tool. Obviously tell your missus where the money has gone etc. But it shouldn't be public, for that is the tool, of you, the making.

I should add a massive get well soon gazza. Barton used you as leverage to boost his profile so is hypocritical in that sense.

This is about right.

Barton and Hamann, of course, played together in the Manchester City midfield for a season. They parted ways in the summer of 2007, since which time one has become a washed-up, semi-retired has-been whose considerable footballing talent is now a fading memory and who lives his life vicariously through Twitter in an attempt to recapture the renown he once enjoyed, and the other has remained Dietmar Hamann.

There is much to love about this exchange. Hamann’s description of Barton as “England international” is a marginally more subtle jibe than “maggot”, “washed-up cokehead” or “Tourette’s-face”, to name just three of Barton’s choicer efforts.

fair play to Barton - shame on people who've not read his whole twitter 'rant' and are going on what's been reported by the sun and the mirror instead - yeah, they tell it how it is, don't they... for the record, barton has made it clear that he's 100% behind gazza and hopes he makes it through. His beef lies with the people who are jumping on the band wagon for their own ends, and who are turning the Gazza situation into a PR platform to suit their own agenda. Of course, if you choose to believe the red top tabloids without first doing your own, easy-to-do background read on it, then who am I to burst your bubble.

I'm not sure how cannabis will help someone who suffers from paranoia already - and is self medicating this with alcohol. Dont think that horse is right for this course. Cannabis brings on psychosis in those who are suseptable and drink appears to ground the person and bring them out of it - whilst actually making the underlying problem worse.

Barton is probably right; there are almost certainly individuals who're milking the situation to generate their own publicity, but regardless of their motives thats far more productive than bitching about it on twitter to generate your own publicity

+ 1 - You spot it you got it - He's very quick to judge others and very slow to take responsibility for his own actions.

fair play to Barton - shame on people who've not read his whole twitter 'rant' and are going on what's been reported by the sun and the mirror instead - yeah, they tell it how it is, don't they... for the record, barton has made it clear that he's 100% behind gazza and hopes he makes it through. His beef lies with the people who are jumping on the band wagon for their own ends, and who are turning the Gazza situation into a PR platform to suit their own agenda. Of course, if you choose to believe the red top tabloids without first doing your own, easy-to-do background read on it, then who am I to burst your bubble.

The real problem here is Barton is such a hypocrite, that if Gazza was found dead in a pool of his own vomit, his rant would have been, 'where were all of his anonymous, so called friends"?. Barton is vermin who has been for much of his career an average footballer, far more famous for his bad behaviour and twitter crap.

The real problem here is Barton is such a hypocrite, that if Gazza was found dead in a pool of his own vomit, his rant would have been, 'where were all of his anonymous, so called friends"?. Barton is vermin who has been for much of his career an average footballer, far more famous for his bad behaviour and twitter crap.

I'm not seeing the hypocrisy, and I'm guessing your statement is based around conjecture rather than any facts at your disposal. Personally, I doff my hat to Barton for railing against these 'mates' of Gazza's - good to see someone have the balls to break from the whole back slapping side show that 'Gazza Aid' has become. There are a lot of things to dislike about Joey Barton, but his honesty should be applauded.

I'm not seeing the hypocrisy, and I'm guessing your statement is based around conjecture rather than any facts at your disposal. Personally, I doff my hat to Barton for railing against these 'mates' of Gazza's - good to see someone have the balls to break from the whole back slapping side show that 'Gazza Aid' has become. There are a lot of things to dislike about Joey Barton, but his honesty should be applauded.

Conjecture based on Barton's unadulterated attention seeking.

Even if people are trying to promote themselves, now is not the time for a debate.

Awful bloke.

That was my main feeling on reading the conversation with Morgan earlier. It really isn't the time or platform to have such a debate.

It's just cringeworthy to see a mans life and illness becoming something for idle gossip and rumblings.

Before his last two twitter rants (this and Hamman) I used to think he got more stick than was justified, but you're 100% right. Awful bloke.

I find Joey Barton talks a hell of a lot of sense. Yes, he's let himself down many a time ( haven't we all?) but I actually find him an intelligent bloke.

He's outspoken but most of the time what he says is correct.

We all remember Gazza as a great footballer and a comic character,but these red top papers aren't imo actually interested in helping him, they just want to sell there papers.

Barton is having disagreement's with journalists from the red tops on twitter, these same journo's are using there papers to get back at him.

A lot of these red top journo's are far far worse than the likes of Barton.

I find Joey Barton talks a hell of a lot of sense. Yes, he's let himself down many a time ( haven't we all?) but I actually find him an intelligent bloke.

He's outspoken but most of the time what he says is correct.

We all remember Gazza as a great footballer and a comic character,but these red top papers aren't imo actually interested in helping him, they just want to sell there papers.

Barton is having disagreement's with journalists from the red tops on twitter, these same journo's are using there papers to get back at him.

A lot of these red top journo's are far far worse than the likes of Barton.

intelligent?, read his twitter spat with Hamman it looks like it was written by a 12 year class bully, my personal favourite was calling him “Tourette’s-face”.

The irony of it all is that he is essentially saying that the footballers who publically donated are using Gazzas situation to get noticed through the media.... whilst he slags others off on twitter so that he'll get noticed by the media.

The guy is an attention whore and likes to rub people up the wrong way, he's an asshole and it's just a shame he'll never get put in his place because no-one is going to give him the slap he deserves because they know he's not worth the effort.

I think there is a level of truth in what Joseph says. He's talking about people who are jumping on the bandwagon which some people are. To publicly promote helping someone is not the admirable way to go about something, private donations would be more helpful and someone like gazza needs to be kept out of the media spotlight, it is the media who have created this gazza fallacy that he is a happy chap and good old gazza and the like. But because its barton the content in general is ignored to create a story about bad boy Barton. Again.

Archived