IGNORED

Barton Really Is A Piece Of Work

Esmond Million's Bung

The irony of it all is that he is essentially saying that the footballers who publically donated are using Gazzas situation to get noticed through the media.... whilst he slags others off on twitter so that he'll get noticed by the media.

The guy is an attention whore and likes to rub people up the wrong way, he's an asshole and it's just a shame he'll never get put in his place because no-one is going to give him the slap he deserves because they know he's not worth the effort.

Why is Barton doing this to get noticed by the media? tbh this is an argument that has the potential to go round in circles because i can offer no evidence, and neither can you - but my belief is that Barton doesn't give a toss about media attention, but instead uses twitter as a platform to communicate his quite considerable opinions to his followers. I'm using guess work, but I figure he'd be happy if the media never wrote about him again. clearly though, I might be wrong, and by the same mark, you might be wrong.

and frankly, all those having a bite at Joey Barton, can you honestly not see his point: take a look at the sun front page today!!! http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4790352/football-stars-answer-the-suns-call-to-help-paul-gascoigne.html

I honestly find that degrading, lurid and bloody sickening. Unbelievable, not to say irresponsible to heap more pressure and spotlight on a man who clearly has a very big struggle coping with either.

and frankly, all those having a bite at Joey Barton, can you honestly not see his point: take a look at the sun front page today!!! http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4790352/football-stars-answer-the-suns-call-to-help-paul-gascoigne.html

I honestly find that degrading, lurid and bloody sickening. Unbelievable, not to say irresponsible to heap more pressure and spotlight on a man who clearly has a very big struggle coping with either.

Anybody who works for/reads the Sun needs shooting. :violin:

Why is Barton doing this to get noticed by the media? tbh this is an argument that has the potential to go round in circles because i can offer no evidence, and neither can you - but my belief is that Barton doesn't give a toss about media attention, but instead uses twitter as a platform to communicate his quite considerable opinions to his followers. I'm using guess work, but I figure he'd be happy if the media never wrote about him again. clearly though, I might be wrong, and by the same mark, you might be wrong.

If he didn't care about the media he wouldn't be doing interview after interview always talking about himself and how "he's changed" and he's now "focused on his football". Honestly the guy spends so much time criticizing the actions of others and telling them how they aren't "living the right way" and yet he's a complete mess himself. I guess he just rubs me up the wrong way because I get fed up of seeing him preach whilst he continues to put others down.

If he didn't care about the media he wouldn't be doing interview after interview always talking about himself and how "he's changed" and he's now "focused on his football". Honestly the guy spends so much time criticizing the actions of others and telling them how they aren't "living the right way" and yet he's a complete mess himself. I guess he just rubs me up the wrong way because I get fed up of seeing him preach whilst he continues to put others down.

is it his idea to talk about how he's changed, or more to the point, is it the question people want to ask and hear when it comes to Joey Barton. Incidentally, I feel like I've turned into a bit of a Barton apologist - for the record I can't say I'm a fan, however, his forthright views and honest opinions are a breath of fresh air. I wish more players were as opinionated.

Amazing how they twist his words and make into yet another negative article, purely to make a story. Typical Daily ****ing Mirror, and everyone has fallen for it.

I don't even like Joey Barton and 99% of what he comes out with is crap, but he is probably right here. The likes of Piers Morgan, who have time and again shown that they couldn't give a flying **** about people's feelings or lives, have come out and used this to try and bolster their own image. Piers really could do with a bit of positivity, particularly with the people in the US, who are fast realising what the UK have known for ages; that he's a bit of a cock.

What Joey Barton has said is tactless without a doubt, and I don't agree that people shouldn't be trying to help, but what he's said (I think it's particularly aimed at Piers Morgan) is probably spot on. But because it's in big letters in the Daily Mirror and OMG it's Joey Barton, people have fell for it instantly and just used it as another opportunity to say, oh wow Joey Barton, what a bell end.

For what it's worth, I don't like Joey Barton and I don't agree with almost everything he says, but this article is total bollocks.

The sun is a foul rag owned by a decrepit evil aussie slug. Joey Barton has the right to amuse himself with his ramblings on twitter. He's good at winding up the self-righteous. I don't always agree with what he says but more power to him. At least he is not one of those inane monosyllabic couch sitting pundits a la Michael Owen and Alan Shearer.

is it his idea to talk about how he's changed, or more to the point, is it the question people want to ask and hear when it comes to Joey Barton. Incidentally, I feel like I've turned into a bit of a Barton apologist - for the record I can't say I'm a fan, however, his forthright views and honest opinions are a breath of fresh air. I wish more players were as opinionated.

See I'm more of the opposite, I find his opinions to be hypocritical, pompous and annoying. I don't think I'd be quite so irritated if the same opinion had come from someone who didn't act like a thug and then pretend to be a scholar.

I don't think he's totally wrong btw, I think there is some validity to what he's saying but I also think he's only saying it because he wants the media attention, if he wasn't then why doesn't he get involved and offer some help himself but do it in the "correct manner" that he seems to know all so well.

I think the point I absolutely agree with that he was trying to make is that Gazza has to want help. He has all these people rushing about him donating money, but the bottom line is, unless he wants to stop drinking and wants to change, people can donate all the money they want, but it's not going to make any difference.

I learnt the same myself with my own alcoholic dad, there is nothing anyone can do until he wants to help himself.

Joey Barton for the most part is an utter turd, but what he's trying to say here is right.

Archived