IGNORED

Botttom 3 In May? How Many Points To Stay Up?

Motorwayman

Well 4 wins and 5 draws would take us to 48. Which isn't bad but could be very close! My scores were:

Cardiff A - Lose

Palace A - Lose

Barnsley H - Win

Blackpool A - Lose

Brighton H - Draw

M'boro H - Win

Wolves A - Draw

Derby A - Lose

Sheff weds H - Win

Burnley A - Draw

Bolton H - Draw

Brum H - Lose

Hull A - Lose

Huddersfield H - Win

Charlton A - Draw

Wolves and Huddersfield look in a bad way atm, both dropping like a rock while the bottom 3 are picking up points at a good rate. It's vitally important that we pick up points against the teams around us or we are in serious trouble and likely that survival will be out of our hands.

One thing we must do is beat the teams around us, failure to beat Barnsley, Wolves and Wednesday will most certainly see us doomed IMO.

This is an absolute must. It's going to be tight and these games are could what decide it. For me I'm going for Peterborough, Huddersfield and Wolves to go down. With a record 55 points being needed to stay up. Goal Difference may eventually make a big difference as well

Looking at the table you think it ought to be 3 from 9 (Brum in 16th downwards) but if it is a high points total this year then anyone from Blackburn (8th) to Charlton (15th) could get dragged in if they have a prolonged bad run.

I definitely think Wolves are looking likely drop candidates. There always seems to be one big name who goes down and it would be back-to-back relegations for Dean Saunders who I don't rate much. It's worth keeping an eye on Millwall who are just out of reach now but are on a terrible run (apart from beating us)

On the current form I do not think any of the current bottom three will go down!

On the current form I do not think any of the current bottom three will go down!

..it won't last.think two of the current bottom three will go..hoping,say 49 points will do it..5 wins and a few draws is do-able the way we are set up and fighting now.more wear n tare on my nervous system on the horizon!..

The one thing going for Huddersfield is they still have a new manager to come who, depending on the appointment, might reverse the slump. At the moment I think Posh, Wolves and Ipswich have the least cause for optimism but things can turn around so quickly it's hard to say.

For us, I think the next three games are crucial. If we can get through Cardiff and Palace with our morale intact and in touch with the teams above us and then beat Barnsley then I think we've got a good chance but bad defeats plus victory for those around us could massively undermine our confidence going into the rest of the season. I was pleased with how the team to the Blackburn defeat responded on Saturday so I'm optimistic but I reckon by the end of February we'll have a good sign of where we are...

It pains me to say it, but I think you'll be safe come May. Much like John Ward across town, O'Driscoll seems to have finally got the basics right and put some organisation in your side so you're a team on the rise. I'd expect to to be safe at least a game or two before the end of the season, I really can't see it going down to the final day.

I think Wolves will sort themselves out too, so it's Posh, Barnsley and Brum for the drop for me.

It pains me to say it, but I think you'll be safe come May. Much like John Ward across town, O'Driscoll seems to have finally got the basics right and put some organisation in your side so you're a team on the rise. I'd expect to to be safe at least a game or two before the end of the season, I really can't see it going down to the final day.

I think Wolves will sort themselves out too, so it's Posh, Barnsley and Brum for the drop for me.

I can see Barnsley getting out of it. They are on a great run, better than us. Posh can get the odd decent result here and there but I don't think that will be enough personally. So for me, it's Posh, Huddersfield and either us or Wolves.

Other clubs will be saying that about us too.

They have been in more Relegation battles than us, I do believe. Since arriving in the Championship we have had 3 relegation battles this being our 3rd, Barnsley always seem to be around the bottom and always survive. Like Wigan one good season in the Prem and never kicked on but still survive year after year

Just to illustrate how competitive this season is, just look at the league table at the same stage last year. http://www.bristolcity-mad.co.uk/results_fixtures/2011_2012/millwall/index.shtml

Same points... but.. we're not in a relegation place and are FIVE points clear!

Fast forward three more games, and we are still stuck on 31 points, and are still THREE points clear of the drop zone.

Archived