IGNORED

Bournemouth And Pitman

cityed

• Admin

Happy days mate - I was going to put a £5 on my bet, can't bear to work out the winnings, would make me cry I think!

At the risk of making a grown man cry, your returns (including the £5 stake) for the treble would have been £63.09.

Had you decided to add Sheffield United to your selection the returns would have been £141.94

(as per bet365 starting prices)

Sorry.

Pitman will be back scoring goals in the Championship within 18 months whether Bournemouth go up in that time or not.

He's a instinctive one touch natural goalscorer and the way he's scoring for Bournemouth there will certainly be higher level clubs taking an interest in him again.

He hasn't burnt his boats in the Championship after stalling at City through little fault of his own, far from it.

Now that he's playing regularly and scoring again the moment a Championship club are looking for a goalscorer he'll be one they'll consider, and at the right club, and under the right manager, he'll score just as highly at this level.

For those who say his total is bumped up by taking penalties, one he has to score them, and two it's not unusual for any top scorer to take the penalties and thus bump up their total - a good, confident striker will always want to grab the ball.

At the risk of making a grown man cry, your returns (including the £5 stake) for the treble would have been £63.09.

Had you decided to add Sheffield United to your selection the returns would have been £141.94

(as per bet365 starting prices)

Sorry.

Nothing like spreading the love on Valentines Day, is there......sobs into tissue

Cheers mate!

did i read somewhere that swindon's debt (of about £13 million) had effectively been written off by there ex-chairman just accepting he was never going to get it back?

Yep. The bloke was into horses. He was never a football fan. So fair play to him. Not sure what to make of this bloke they have got in now. I'll find out. My Swindon supporting mate reckons half the crap spouted in the press about trouble at swindon is just that. Just lazy journalism. Time will tell. A month ago, on results and score lines alone,Swindon were the best team in Europe!

Pitman will be back scoring goals in the Championship within 18 months whether Bournemouth go up in that time or not.

He's a instinctive one touch natural goalscorer and the way he's scoring for Bournemouth there will certainly be higher level clubs taking an interest in him again.

He hasn't burnt his boats in the Championship after stalling at City through little fault of his own, far from it.

Now that he's playing regularly and scoring again the moment a Championship club are looking for a goalscorer he'll be one they'll consider, and at the right club, and under the right manager, he'll score just as highly at this level.

For those who say his total is bumped up by taking penalties, one he has to score them, and two it's not unusual for any top scorer to take the penalties and thus bump up their total - a good, confident striker will always want to grab the ball.

I agree 100. Instinctive natural goalscorer, who will do well at a club who don't expect their goal scorer to do donkey work all around the pitch.

We have had too many managers who think like that, to the detriment of naturally gifted players.

Who is right and who is wrong, time will tell.

Hello folks thanks for the kind comments about Yeovil...quite a contrast to the vitriol spewed lately by some (but not all) on the Gas forum.

We are just enjoying the ride GJ has given us and promotion or not we have had a fantastic season with Paddy Madden (9 in 6 I think) the find of the current century! I believe he is now top scorer in league1. we also, at the time of me writing this, appear to have the best league 1 goalkeeper.

I don't like the playoff lottery personally, and I think if we can keep this going a little longer, we are contenders for automatic. Tomorrows game against S****horpe will be a cracker, they have revived lately and have banged in a few themselves so I think it will be a tight game and pretty end to end.

I could be wrong but I think Swindon will crumble. 1-1 at home with Hartlepool last week certainly raised a few eyebrows.

Jamie McAllistair had had a fine season so far, now partnering Dan Burn at the back we have strengthened considerably in that area. Before Christmas, our defending was akin to the Keystone cops at times! Joe Edwards is sheer quality, we have players who could make a living in the Championship and it's showing in our recent results.

I think City will stay up, you have a way to go but good luck with it.. 3 wins in 4 will get you out of it no doubt if you can keep going.

Bournemouth and Yeovil for automatic followed by Sheffield United in the playoffs for me

All the best and good luck tomorrow

Hello folks thanks for the kind comments about Yeovil...quite a contrast to the vitriol spewed lately by some (but not all) on the Gas forum.

We are just enjoying the ride GJ has given us and promotion or not we have had a fantastic season with Paddy Madden (9 in 6 I think) the find of the current century! I believe he is now top scorer in league1. we also, at the time of me writing this, appear to have the best league 1 goalkeeper.

I don't like the playoff lottery personally, and I think if we can keep this going a little longer, we are contenders for automatic. Tomorrows game against S****horpe will be a cracker, they have revived lately and have banged in a few themselves so I think it will be a tight game and pretty end to end.

I could be wrong but I think Swindon will crumble. 1-1 at home with Hartlepool last week certainly raised a few eyebrows.

Jamie McAllistair had had a fine season so far, now partnering Dan Burn at the back we have strengthened considerably in that area. Before Christmas, our defending was akin to the Keystone cops at times! Joe Edwards is sheer quality, we have players who could make a living in the Championship and it's showing in our recent results.

I think City will stay up, you have a way to go but good luck with it.. 3 wins in 4 will get you out of it no doubt if you can keep going.

Bournemouth and Yeovil for automatic followed by Sheffield United in the playoffs for me

All the best and good luck tomorrow

I don't think most of us have realised yet that if we go down and you or Swindon go up we will no longer be the best within the west country, which will be a disaster as far as we're concerned. It's always a rollercoaster ride under GJ, hope it ends well for you (but not too well).

I don't think most of us have realised yet that if we go down and you or Swindon go up we will no longer be the best within the west country, which will be a disaster as far as we're concerned. It's always a rollercoaster ride under GJ, hope it ends well for you (but not too well).

I don't think you will go down because Mr SOD has you fighting as a unit. You are much improved.

No one is under any illusions at Yeovil that it would take a miracle for us to survive in the Championship, but a season with the big boys would be nice and we might upset some of them. Realistically promotion is the only way we'll hang on to Madden and Stech.

Archived