IGNORED

Why Is Palace 8Pm Ko?

Kid in the Riot

Just looking at getting the train to this one and due to the late ko it doesnt leave much margin for error after the game.

Checked TFL and theres a train leaving Thornton Heath at 10.11 back to Victoria, thats 25 min journey, then at least half hour from there to Padd for the half 11 to BTM.

Like i say, not much room for error and 7.45 ko wouldve helped. Thoughts from any Londonheads??

You will make it easy

After injury time the game will finish 9.55pm ish and it's a 15-20 min walk to either train station so I wouldn't say it's that easy!

I think those of us on the trains are going to have to leave on 90 and get a march on back to the station.

I take the point of worst case scenario a taxi. It's only about 3 miles from Victoria to Padd so even if we don't get to Victoria till 11pm there's always the option of a 15 min cab to Padd

Is the circle line that bad?

Its seven stops on the circle line with no changes

If you use victoria station to oxford circus line then the bakerloo line, that seven stops with one change.

So I'll bow to those with more London underground experiences than me.

Either way it will take you about 20 mins. But the frequency of trains going to paddington on the circle line will be lower, so you might end up waiting 10 minutes or more for a circle line train.

I'm in a differnet boat to most as my train goes from Euston

But...

Having put a bit of effort into looking at journey times, I could still make a 23:30 train leaving Norwood at 22:35

This may involve a sprint across London Bridge!

- Accodring to Underground website the 22:53 tube from Victoria will see you at Paddington for 23:10

That's on the 22:23 from Norwood Junction ... any later and your in the lap of the Gods (from Norwood)!

Is the circle line that bad?

Its seven stops on the circle line with no changes

If you use victoria station to oxford circus line then the bakerloo line, that seven stops with one change.

So I'll bow to those with more London underground experiences than me.

I haven't checked the exact times, so you may be lucky on the night with them. But in my experience you will see about 4/5 District line trains pass for every circle line train at Victoria, so you will wait a good 10+ minutes for a circle line train and then you have to add the 20 odd minute journey as well.

I haven't checked the exact times, so you may be lucky on the night with them. But in my experience you will see about 4/5 District line trains pass for every circle line train at Victoria, so you will wait a good 10+ minutes for a circle line train and then you have to add the 20 odd minute journey as well.

You are right, just checked and Circle line train is every 10 mins whereas Victoria line is every 2/3 mins so will go that route.

Cheers for help.

Archived