IGNORED

The Sags Or Cardiff..

Bris Red

Do Cardiff even care about us? Hardly anything on their forum about this match. Not much worse in football than a one-sided rivalry.

Not one to browse other teams boards but i had a little gander then.. Seems a 50/50 split between there fans between either us or Swansea as to who they consider there main rivals.

''Bristol have helped kill it as a derby by never turning up in any numbers away. Became just another game.

They blame the restrictions and, to be fair, with them being lifted this time they are turning up.

Them being so crap for years hasn't helped either as we're always at the other end of the table.''

To be fair probably the real reason this derby has been pretty subdued since we came up in 07.. Bar the Wembley season we havn't really been anywhere near them league position wise, had we i think this derby would have been massively different

A thousand pound cluster bomb would take care of both to be honest. And as far as I'm concerned, the Gash ain't even on our radar. I'm just waiting for Cardiff's traditional late-season implosion and subsequent play-off defeat. Happy Days :)

The generational thing is interesting. Cardiff fans over forty see City as biggest rivals and under forty see Swansea. I think it is the same with Villa, over forty and it is West Brom, under forty and it is Birmingham.

I wonder if more older City fans see Gas as biggest rivals and younger lads see it as Cardiff as we never play the Gas in the league anymore.

Gas, by far our biggest rivals for me.

The pre season game confirmed it, first time I've been nervous for a game for several years.

Nothing can compare to those games against them in the 80's and 90's.

I couldn't really care less about Cardiff.

I get nowhere near the same buzz when we play them.

That's it in a nutshell Bill. Walk in a pub after a game and the first question most people ask is "How did the gas get on" , don't often hear anyone enquire after the woolybacks.

I'd rather draw Rovers in the cup. If we had two games in the same week though and one was Rovers in cup and the other was Cardiff in the league, I'd rather beat Cardiff.

I would rather beat rovers otherwise they would bang on about it for the another 100 years that the last time we met they won, missing out on the fact that they will be in the BSS!!!!!!

Archived