IGNORED

Cardiff - Cringeworthy

The Kaiser

It is absolutely embarrasing.

Increasingly I hate what Cardiff City have become.

You mentioned in another thread about the young generation of Bristolians going to watch Cardiff if you reach the PL. Sorry but they will be laughing at you! Plus you are a welsh club, no Bristolian will ever support you. It'll be either City, Rovers or Man Ure

It is absolutely embarrasing.

Increasingly I hate what Cardiff City have become.

Very honest of you CBL. Genuine question , do any of your fans buy/wear the red shirt? I'd like to think that if (god forbid) we had to play in blue , all our fans would only buy the away kit.

What 'Fk you dead' if we EVER hand out free scarves? Erm, I think you'll find we've done that in the past.

As to a dancing dragon to recognise Chinese New Year, what on earth is wrong with that? Many premiership clubs have links with far eastern countries and clubs, and many reflect that in their marketing and promotions (and some in their transfer policy). You cannot tell me that the signing of Ji-Sung Park wasn't as much to do with Manchester United buying into the South Korea marketplace in a big way as it was with signing a decent player.

If this club had links to other countries, or had strong links with particular ethnic communities, this is exactly what I'd hope we'd be doing.

Seems like another feeble effort to bash Cardiff CIty who, as far as I can see, are only playing the modern game like anyone else.

No, he means if City started handing out BLUE scarves. There, that wasn't that complicated, was it?

How would you feel if a new owner bought BCFC and then changed our kit to blue and our robin to a dragon? Would you be happy that BCFC were 'only playing the modern game like anyone else'? Or would you feel like the club had been castrated?

That's not what this thread is about. In any case, Cardiff's strip was not changed to the colour of their nearest rivals (which would be white) but to the colour of their national side. The dragon is also one of the emblems of Wales and the main image on the national flag. The equivalent would be to change our colour to white and our emblem to the rose (or perhaps to St George slaying the dragon!). The robin is not the original emblem of Bristol City in any case, nor is 'The Robins' the original nickname of the club. But when it comes down to it, who cares? As I pointed out in another email, other clubs have changed their strips, their badges, their nicknames, and virtually everything else, and survived. Don Review changed Leeds United from blue and yellow to all white in the sixties, to emulate the great Real Madrid team of the era. Leeds fans seem to have lived with this.

Compared to the rebrand itself it is nothing.

The club always seem to hand something out at one game a year, was some sort of clapper thing before, sure we have had banners and stuff before too. Usually end up on the pitch.

At the brighton game will be red scarves apparently, people will be selected to have season ticket money refunded. Most of the fans however will just pocket it I would imagine.

Looking forward to Saturday, hopefully a good game,

Source??????????????

????? MAYBE ?????

Chili ginger sauce (Malaysia)

3 to 4 birds eye chilis

a thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced

4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped

1/8 c. of water

2 tbsps. of sugar (palm sugar is traditional)

2 tbsps. of lime juice OR Lamb juice in Wales according to taste (substitute lemon or kalamansi if lime/lamb is not available)

1 tsp. of salt

a dash of sesame seed oil

Process the chilis, garlic and ginger with the water to a paste (use a mortar and pestle, blender or food processor. Stir in the rest of the ingredients.

Seems like a possibilty! :)

Could be one of two motivations:

1. The club is not happy with the lack of take-up of red by the fans in terms of tops, scarves, etc worn at matches.

2. The club hasn't sold many red scarves, is probably going to change the badge which it features for next season anyway and has decided to offload the surplus.

Whichever, it's an indication that rebrand isn't being accepted as readily as they would have liked.

Are you looking forward to the half time dragon?

Just in case anyone was still in doubt at their level of sell out.

1. The club are handing out FREE RED scarves at their home game and tracking who wears and waves one by cameras.

2. At half time they are going to have a dancing dragon to recognise Chinese New Year.

Fk me dead if we EVER sell out like this I will go and watch Mangotsfield.

maybe even parade a few chained and muzzled Pandas for good measure...

Aw mate, I don't think this impossible under PL rules. :(

Absolutely. I mean, if Premier League Swansea can play in Wales...

Actually, it is curious. The Football League, as its name suggests, started without a geographical limit as such. It was simply the area that was accessible to players and spectators who finished work at mid-day on Saturday. The list of early Football League clubs only makes sense in the light of the railway map of the time.

As workers began to get the whole of Saturday off, it spread from East Lancs/North Midlands in all directions, reaching Wales with Wrexham and the South of Englnd with Arsenal and Bristol City. I've no doubt that, had a Scottish League not already existed, Scottish clubs would have joined the FL. After all, Queens Park and Glasgow Celtic entered early FA Cups, and Berwick Rangers and, for a while Gretna, played in the SL.

What I'm working up to is that I wouldn't be surprised to see that there is no restriction on PL teams playing abroad. Malaysia might be pushing it a bit, but look at Catalan Dragons in the Rugby Super League. Would we fly in a "bubble" if we were drawn away to Kuala Lumpur City Dragons, I wonder?

Who's for the 08:54 from Bedminster International to KL?

1. The club is not happy with the lack of take-up of red by the fans in terms of tops, scarves, etc worn at matches.

2. The club hasn't sold many red scarves, is probably going to change the badge which it features for next season anyway and has decided to offload the surplus.

Whichever, it's an indication that rebrand isn't being accepted as readily as they would have liked.

What are your thoughts mate?

I'm pretty close to giving up on the club to be honest. I very reluctantly accepted the rebrand but the more recent attempts to totally wipe away our blue history (no blue shirts away to Blackpool, no mention of Bluebirds officially, indication of new badge again next season, free red scarfs etc) is really grating with me. I'm increasingly seeing the club on a par with how I see the Blues, the Devils and Glamorgan, ie, that success is good for our city, but emotionally I'm not attached.

It's a pretty sad feeling actually, but my passion for Cardiff City is draining away very rapidly indeed.

I need to decide what to do with my free scarf at the Brighton game, but I know I'll be wearing my blue one with pride.

What are your thoughts mate?

I'm pretty close to giving up on the club to be honest. I very reluctantly accepted the rebrand but the more recent attempts to totally wipe away our blue history (no blue shirts away to Blackpool, no mention of Bluebirds officially, indication of new badge again next season, free red scarfs etc) is really grating with me. I'm increasingly seeing the club on a par with how I see the Blues, the Devils and Glamorgan, ie, that success is good for our city, but emotionally I'm not attached.

It's a pretty sad feeling actually, but my passion for Cardiff City is draining away very rapidly indeed.

I need to decide what to do with my free scarf at the Brighton game, but I know I'll be wearing my blue one with pride.

Cardiff forum please. Thanks.

No yawning jokes about how you thought this was the Cardiff forum either. Thanks

Archived