IGNORED

Liverpool Fc

Brizzle Jordan

Is anyone else very impressed with their transition and progress made this season? I know they are currently 7th which for a club of that size isn't good enough but considering how bad they have been in the last couple of years I think Brendan Rodgers is turning them into an outstanding young side.

• They play great attacking football
  • Lots of young players given a chance
  • Score plenty of goals
  • Fans actually understand it's not a quick fix and are enjoying the progress which is good to see

Against Swansea this afternoon they've had like 35 shots to Swansea's 4. Also dominated possession.

I know Swansea have a cup final next week but Liverpool have battered quite a few teams this season and once they can tighten up their defence up they will be a top class side once again IMO.

I bet Jordan Tansley is loving it.

They have just played Swansea who rested about 6 players for next weeks cup final. Liverpool have been poorer this season than they were last, and I speak as a fan.

Rodgers is blinding everybody with bullshit, plays a load of kids for a cup game, then blames them for not being good enough.

Dalglish made two finals, winning one and had the same poor league form they are having now and got sacked. The only thing he is building is a book full of excuses to use at a later date.

Dunno. Mate at work is a ardent fan. He says they are slowly improving, but taking time to fully get used to the passing football put in place.

He reckons he will reserve judgement until next season, Green shoots appearing is his belief, if they can kick on next season, that will be the proof he needs.

As an outsider looking in. It looks like Sturridge has take the weight of Suarez's shoulders in terms of goal scoring. Work in progress I guess, how patient will Liverpool fans be?

Is anyone else very impressed with their transition and progress made this season? I know they are currently 7th which for a club of that size isn't good enough but considering how bad they have been in the last couple of years I think Brendan Rodgers is turning them into an outstanding young side.

• Score plenty of goals
  • Fans actually understand it's not a quick fix and are enjoying the progress which is good to see

Against Swansea this afternoon they've had like 35 shots to Swansea's 4. Also dominated possession.

I know Swansea have a cup final next week but Liverpool have battered quite a few teams this season and once they can tighten up their defence up they will be a top class side once again IMO.

Not sure what the point of this post is apart from the obvious finger ******* a prem team.

Agree with OP.too many people expect miracles to happen overnight in football,Rogers need 2-3 seasons most of his signings look good and the emphasis on youth is great,something were gonna see here in the next few years,just hope people are more patient here than some of the Liverpool fans.....but we all know they wont be!!

I don't support Liverpool. I've always hated them but I am impressed with them in the last few months.

I like what Rodgers is trying to implement. They are attacking, they are fluid and they play some great football. It seems consistency and defending are still areas that needs big improvements.

Reina is having a poor season, I'm not a fan of any of their back four. Johnson is great in attack but average in defence, Carragher is fantastic but past it. Skrtel and Agger are way too consistent and injury prone and Jose Enrique is nothing more than an average left back. However in midfield and attack they have great options.

I don't care and I don't understand how some folk can support two teams.

I've got about 4 'second teams', Bath City, Cheltenham, Celtic & whoever is playing the gas!!!! I don't see an issue with a second team, but when people say they support Liverpool AND Bristol City that annoys me!! City should be number 1!!

Any Liverpool fan that thinks it's going to take less than two or three seasons to repair the squad after the overpriced shite that Dalglish pissed all the money away on is mental.

It will take another couple of years for the wage bill to free up enough to shape the squad more suited to how Rodgers wants them to play.

Whether the fans can stomach that is anybody's guess. He's not a liverpool legend like King Kenny the Incompetent so it's no sure thing.

Finishing in the top four represents the most success Liverpool can expect in the league until they figure out how to progress off the field, even when the squad transition is finished they are going to be playing for fourth.

• Score plenty of goals

I think Liverpool are very ordinary ( for the size of the club)the fact it's taken them till the end of Feb to beat a higher placed club says it all.

I would imagine Suarez will be off to a champions league club at the end of the season.

Liverpool aren't going to get in the top 4 for a long time.

I think Liverpool are very ordinary ( for the size of the club)the fact it's taken them till the end of Feb to beat a higher placed club says it all.

I would imagine Suarez will be off to a champions league club at the end of the season.

Suarez will be at Liverpool next season.

They have just played Swansea who rested about 6 players for next weeks cup final. Liverpool have been poorer this season than they were last, and I speak as a fan.

Rodgers is blinding everybody with bullshit, plays a load of kids for a cup game, then blames them for not being good enough.

Dalglish made two finals, winning one and had the same poor league form they are having now and got sacked. The only thing he is building is a book full of excuses to use at a later date.

Couldn't agree with this more. I've made it clear in the past that I'm not a fan of Liverpool or Rogers but at least like you said Dalglish won a trophy and reached another final as well. I think Liverpool will finish 8th or below, and seeing as Liverpool fans are the most impatient and dickish fans in the country I reckon they'll be calling for Rogers' head come the summer.

Granted they haven't beaten a top 10 side until now but they matched Man City and Arsenal recently and seem to have closed the quality gap IMO.

I think top four next season is realistic.

Liverpool fans are known for their patience..

They more often than not back their manager.

If you asked any football fan around the country what are Liverpool fans like? They would certainly not say patient, so no LFC fans are not known for their patience. Patience doesn't have to refer directly to a manager either, if their new signings don't hit the ground running with a hat-trick on their debut then they are very quick to get on their backs. If you've been paying attention this season LFC fans were even getting sick of Gerrard and wanted him gone. Fickle and pathetic.

Archived