IGNORED

Liverpool Fc

Brizzle Jordan

Favourite thing a Liverpool fan (from Gloucestershire) ever said to me:

"You can't call me a glory hunter as I started supporting them in 1992... We haven't really won anything since"

Quick count up of what Liverpool have won in that time, 4 league cups, 3 FA cups, 1 UEFA cup, 2 super cups and 1 Champions League. (Also playing in many more finals and on a couple of occasions finishing 2nd in the league.)

I understand that compared to the all dominating Liverpool teams of the 80's this is not a lot and compared to recent Manure this is nothing.....But that is still more trophies than the majority of professional clubs have won in their history!

It's the "god given right" to win that annoys me about them and then I laugh when they consistently fail. Manure fans are just as bad but they keep on winning.

Brilliant, just about sums them up

From your name are you in Manchester?? Sorting out a boys weekend for my 40th in April - any decent Indie clubs up that way nowadays?? Or any decent bands playing up there on 13th April that you know of??

Oh my god, you clicked on the thread `liverpool fc`.. you don't have to click on it. And if you haven't notice the section of this forum is called `football chat` what a tool.

But as a die hard City fan it sort of irritates me to log on to a City forum to then see a topic titled 'liverpool fc'

But as a die hard City fan it sort of irritates me to log on to a City forum to then see a topic titled 'liverpool fc'

I'm a die hard city fan.. it doesn't mean i don't enjoy other aspects of football, not just city..

And thank **** I do enjoy other aspects of football anyway. following a team that gets beat week in week out gets rather tedious after a while wouldn't you agree??

Brilliant, just about sums them up

From your name are you in Manchester?? Sorting out a boys weekend for my 40th in April - any decent Indie clubs up that way nowadays?? Or any decent bands playing up there on 13th April that you know of??

I am indeed,

If I were you I would have a quick browse of some of the Blackburn threads as there are suggestion from a few people as where to go- But don't worry you won't struggle to find an Indie night in Manchester.

gig wise nothing springs to mind but I would have a look at the usual suspects websites (Academy, Arena, Apollo and Ritz), but if its something smaller you are after I'd check out the websites for venues like Gorilla, Soundcontrol, Dry Bar, night and day, Soup Kitchen, Star and Garter and Islington Mill.

Anyways enough of that (before I get shouted at) This is a football chat forum don't you know ;)

I'm a die hard city fan.. it doesn't mean i don't enjoy other aspects of football, not just city..

And thank **** I do enjoy other aspects of football anyway. following a team that gets beat week in week out gets rather tedious after a while wouldn't you agree??

I think as a football fan you really have to appreciate the bad times to really enjoy the good times. It makes the good times even sweeter. 6-7 years ago when we were playing the likes of cambridge utd away on a tuesday night and losing I was there. At that time I would have loved being in a relegation fight in the championship each season. I think many fans have got complacent and forgot where we have came from.

I am indeed,

If I were you I would have a quick browse of some of the Blackburn threads as there are suggestion from a few people as where to go- But don't worry you won't struggle to find an Indie night in Manchester.

gig wise nothing springs to mind but I would have a look at the usual suspects websites (Academy, Arena, Apollo and Ritz), but if its something smaller you are after I'd check out the websites for venues like Gorilla, Soundcontrol, Dry Bar, night and day, Soup Kitchen, Star and Garter and Islington Mill.

Anyways enough of that (before I get shouted at) This is a football chat forum don't you know ;)

Top man - I'll look them up!

Archived