IGNORED

Real Madrid Tickets

mcbcfc

I've just booked up a trip to Madrid in April, Real Madrid are at home to Real Betis. I was just wondering if anyone on here has been to see Real Madrid and whether you booked the tickets on the net or waited till you were in Madrid to buy them. Any advise would be much appreciated.

I've just booked up a trip to Madrid in April, Real Madrid are at home to Real Betis. I was just wondering if anyone on here has been to see Real Madrid and whether you booked the tickets on the net or waited till you were in Madrid to buy them. Any advise would be much appreciated.

I've been a couple of times mate and it really depends who they are playing, what time of day/night it is, any ideas yet?

I would of thought for Real Betis you wouldn't have any problem getting tickets when you arrive in Madrid.

Similar to Barcalona, only the real big games are difficult to get tickets for. If you can't get them from official sources, there is always somebody around the ground selling, just make sure you show the ticket to a steward or gate man before handing the money over, to make sure it's genuine.

I live in Madrid and tickets can be bought from the club but there's always ways to get them cheaper but have to ask around. I went last night vs Rayo Vallecano and there were empty seats everywhere.

The ticket I got was 20 Euros - for smaller games they are fairly reasonable. I was with the Vallecano fans who made an absolute racket. Completely embarrassed the madrid support.

I've seen crazy prices on the official website like 200 euros - is this right? I can't read spanish so not sure if I was loooking at the right thing.
There are a lot of websites claiming to be official but aren't. I'd be very surprised if tickets for the Betis game were more than 50 euros. I (only) paid 148 euros for an El Classico champions league semi final ticket.

I worked out there for a few years, for most midweek games it's pretty easy to get tickets ( and cheap - once paid EUR6 for a Champions League qualifier back in the days of the galacticos). Ticket office is on the east side and they only take cash. Stay away from the South End (fundo sur) and you'll be ok.

Watch out for rip off agencies and hotels offering to get tickets at huge booking fees, get the metro to the ground (station is Santiago Bernabeu near Plaza Castilla) and do it yourself.

I worked out there for a few years, for most midweek games it's pretty easy to get tickets ( and cheap - once paid EUR6 for a Champions League qualifier back in the days of the galacticos). Ticket office is on the east side and they only take cash. Stay away from the South End (fundo sur) and you'll be ok.

Watch out for rip off agencies and hotels offering to get tickets at huge booking fees, get the metro to the ground (station is Santiago Bernabeu near Plaza Castilla) and do it yourself.

Whats wrong with the south end?

So, can you get tickets or not for Real? Still not clear.

Yes, several different methods described above. Read my post above, not the cheapest methods but four of us went and all wanted to sit together in good seats. We paid just under 100 Euros each (virtually on the half way line about 10 rows back from the pitch). We could have taken a punt and bought them the week before or on the day but the sole purpose of our weekend was to watch the match so we paid a premium for peace of mind.

I went to Barcelona a few years back and got tickets in advance which we had to get out of a yellow cash machine type thing when we got there! Tickets were still available on the day of the game but it's probably best to get them in advance, just to be safe. My Barce ticket cost less than £30 which was good I thought although I didn't shop around. Have fun!

I would mirror the words of Phileas Fogg. I lived in Madrid last year and you can easily get tickets for most games on the day. Take the metro to the Bernabeu and the ticket office is down the side. For what its worth. If you want to sample a fantastic atmosphere in a partizan and passionate stadium filled with craziness then head over to Rayo Vallecano at theTheresa Rivera stadium at Portazgo metro stop and have a few cans with your footie. Find the right bar in the local area and the locals/bar owners will top you up with extra free beers and food all nght too, they love chatting to English footie fans that make the effort to support Rayo. I watched them last year and they are ace.

Archived