IGNORED

Is Albert A Luxury?

Lordofthebling

Start with Howard,think he can delivery some nice passes to Albert...

It's frustrating really, as when Kilkenny and Albert came on; we lost bite in midfield and our shape.

I thought Albert would have tore into them at 5-1 up or whatever it was at the time, but it didn't happen.

As mentioned in other threads, I would love a Bristol City with a flying Albert in it, but I think we are a better TEAM without Adomah right now.

Albert is a fantastic player, there's no doubt about it. But a few of us on the train home were discussing his performance last night compared to Bolasie's,..

We are in a relegation scrap, and with the poor midfield we have, can we keep giving Albert the ball to 'have a run' and possibly lose possession?

Give the ball to Albert and the long ball to Stead seem to be our only two options.

The theory seemed to be that Palace's central players were much better than ours, affording them the space, security and time to pass to Zaha or Yannick and say "off you go"...

So the main questions that came up were; as much as we all rate Albert - is he the right player for where we are right now?

Cold, Tuesday night; away from home, against a quality team, would you have played Albert? Ifs and buts, but if all players were fit, would he get in your team?

Is Albert a good enough passer of the ball to consistently get into a SOD team?

Would we have been better putting Howard in midfield and Anderson behind Stead last night?

Are we too predictable and dependant on him when he does play?

Were we better when Albert was at the ACON?

A few good discussions, so I thought I'd throw it out to OTIB.

In answer to your question:- NO

It's frustrating really, as when Kilkenny and Albert came on; we lost bite in midfield and our shape.

I thought Albert would have tore into them at 5-1 up or whatever it was at the time, but it didn't happen.

As mentioned in other threads, I would love a Bristol City with a flying Albert in it, but I think we are a better TEAM without Adomah right now.

Didn't get much of the ball, Kilkenny and Howard were poorer substitutions

I thought Kelly and Marv were very good today. Was like watching the Marv of old. Pearson had a good game, but he has been poor recently, tends to go missing in the games away from home.

Marv today was different. Before, I've seen him charging way up the pitch and pressing, hassling...

Today he was much more measured. Stayed in front of the back four. Won the ball or knock downs, then a simple pass sideways or back.

That's all that's needed right now!

Archived