IGNORED

Where Is The Fight?

Welcome To The Jungle

Too many people have accepted relegation, or think that we can't do it. Time to stand up and be counted

'We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!'

COYR!!!

• Admin

Nice idea, we all clearly don't want us to get relegated.

I think the sting has been taken out of us over the past two fixtures.

Time to put in a decent home display against Barnsley and change the mood of optimism around the place.

The summer will be long enough to mope about if we do go down

Nice idea, we all clearly don't want us to get relegated.

I think the sting has been taken out of us over the past two fixtures.

Time to put in a decent home display against Barnsley and change the mood of optimism around the place.

The summer will be long enough to mope about if we do go down

I think most of us accepted zero points from the last 2 fixtures, just a shame that everyone else seemed to take advantage.

If we somehow manage to beat Barnsley, who are on ridiculous form, then i'm sure the optimism will return.

A good performance/result on saturday and all will be well again. Always the same on here. In fairness from what we have seen from the team over the last 4-5 seasons you can't blame the fans...

No you can't blame fans but what does everyone expect we're bristol city not man united , we o e of the smallest clubs in the league , y do we have the right to think we shouldn't be near relegation , and a good performance I don't think is enough on sat, it has to be a win no less

• Admin

No you can't blame fans but what does everyone expect we're bristol city not man united , we o e of the smallest clubs in the league , y do we have the right to think we shouldn't be near relegation ,

What are you basing this on?

Only teams with big support or grounds get promotion ?

How are Wigan surviving.

Every fan, has the right to believe that their team will be succesful.

Man for man I don't believe we are in the position that we should be - but there is still time to change that

I cannot understand why we have not brought in some players on loan.Now it might be we are trying but it appears to me maybe wrongly that the club has accepted relegation and do not wish to bother with signing anyone until in league 1. It is a very sad situation but then the muppets we have had as managers have simply eroded away the chances we had of being a good championship team and it will take a good amount of time to get back again.

Too many people have accepted relegation, or think that we can't do it. Time to stand up and be counted

'We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!'

COYR!!!

Nice sentiments, but what a load of old bollox, if you want to do something, go and prove to SOD you can do it on the pitch. That is the only place fight will make any difference. cheering and shouting your support is great, but in reality it will make little difference.

Nice sentiments, but what a load of old bollox, if you want to do something, go and prove to SOD you can do it on the pitch. That is the only place fight will make any difference. cheering and shouting your support is great, but in reality it will make little difference.

This club is more than sod, the board, the players. There will be 11 on the pitch on sat and maybe 12000 city fans watching on. If the people who love the club the most (the fans) have given up, what hope do the players have.

COYR!!!

We had plenty of fight in the team for a few years under GJ. Proving what can be done, with a group of very average players. Trouble is, the team we have now are just winding down they're contracts. Sad to say, but i think we just need to have a good clean out in the summer. (Prob be in L1), and try and re-build for the future with some decent players with ambition. I still think Sod is the right man for a brighter future....long term!

This club is more than sod, the board, the players. There will be 11 on the pitch on sat and maybe 12000 city fans watching on. If the people who love the club the most (the fans) have given up, what hope do the players have.

professional pride.

I have no doubt the fans can give there all, and fair dos, but it will make little difference to the performance on the pitch. That the players have to work out for themselves, once they are over the white line, it is all about them, anything else is just noise.

we can all take losing if effort is made or fight is shown,

there have been a few games where this has been the case and we have lost, Leeds, Blackburn off the top of my head,

But I can't accept the lack of fight or pride most of our plays have had for the majorty of the season,

PPeople will blame the board and previous managers but for me 95% of the blame can land squarly at the players feet,

It won't stop me going and supporting the team but we need to give 110% for the remeander of our games to stand a chance of staying up but going on performances this season I simply do not trust the majorty of our team to do this,

the sooner these over paid people leave the better if thats in League one so be it,

I trust SoD to build a better team with more fight in it next season, but for the love of god build from the back this time,

Hmm, thats why I'll probably never buy insurance from a violent dog... CSF Churchill Service Firm.

(PS. Wheres The Fight? ... -usual place, usual time, 4 O'Clock behind the bike shed)

What are you basing this on?

Only teams with big support or grounds get promotion ?

How are Wigan surviving.

Every fan, has the right to believe that their team will be succesful.

Man for man I don't believe we are in the position that we should be - but there is still time to change that

surviving is not equivalent to being successful, so i find the wigan call irrelevant to the point you are making. unless you count being a no mark in the premier as a sign of success?

COYR!!!

Yes, that for sure. Its not over yet, we still got the chance. First take Barnsley and then the others. No white flag yet.

• Admin

surviving is not equivalent to being successful, so i find the wigan call irrelevant to the point you are making. unless you count being a no mark in the premier as a sign of success?

Well on the basis that they have been promoted out of the Championship and survive in the Premiership, it's an obvious yes!

COYR!!!

Sadly there are a few miserable pessimists on here that either don't understand how the mood on a forum read by thousands of fansactually can affect the mindset of the crowd going to Ashton Gate, or are more interested in their future ability to post "I told you so" than they are in giving the team positive support.

Fans who actually go to the game, players, club staff, all read this forum and the defeatist moaning does actual damage.

Sadly there are a few miserable pessimists on here that either don't understand how the mood on a forum read by thousands of fansactually can affect the mindset of the crowd going to Ashton Gate, or are more interested in their future ability to post "I told you so" than they are in giving the team positive support.

Fans who actually go to the game, players, club staff, all read this forum and the defeatist moaning does actual damage.

What actual evidence do you have for this statement?

What actual evidence do you have for this statement?

I must confess I haven't done a scientific experiment. It's not necessary though. Basic psychology - human beings don't live in isolation, they are affected by everything around them.

You can see countless examples of players and management responding to fans views expressed through the media. We've seen them defending decisions and responding to particular criticisms in the media for example, we've even seen some managers make changes to appease fans.

These are microscopic examples of something that happens on larger scale, there is a mood that transmits from fans to the club (and sometimes vice versa).

Defeatist moaning will have a negative effect on anybody from the club that reads it, and on supporters who will carry the mood with them when they walk into the ground. Are you really going to suggest that the mood of the crowd doesn't influence the game?

The only appropriate attitude for a BCFC fan in the circumstances we're currently in is bloody minded defiance.

I must confess I haven't done a scientific experiment. It's not necessary though. Basic psychology - human beings don't live in isolation, they are affected by everything around them.

You can see countless examples of players and management responding to fans views expressed through the media. We've seen them defending decisions and responding to particular criticisms in the media for example, we've even seen some managers make changes to appease fans.

These are microscopic examples of something that happens on larger scale, there is a mood that transmits from fans to the club (and sometimes vice versa).

Defeatist moaning will have a negative effect on anybody from the club that reads it, and on supporters who will carry the mood with them when they walk into the ground. Are you really going to suggest that the mood of the crowd doesn't influence the game?

The only appropriate attitude for a BCFC fan in the circumstances we're currently in is bloody minded defiance.

Then you should also know it can galvanise teams, such as john ward's promotion team.

Your thoughts could equally be turned 180 degrees and cause a team to fight harder with a middle finger up to the fans.

Depends entirely on how a set of players want to respond.

Then you should also know it can galvanise teams, such as john ward's promotion team.

Your thoughts could equally be turned 180 degrees and cause a team to fight harder with a middle finger up to the fans.

Depends entirely on how a set of players want to respond.

How people respond isn't voluntary, it's a subconscious thing.

No team low on confidence and success ever gets galvanised by criticism or worse by defeatism from its own "supporters", that's nonsense.

A poor set of excuses.

10/1 Blackpool might be worth a cheeky fiver especially with Paul Ince in charge! Blackpool must've been desperate to snare someone.

Archived