IGNORED

Well Done Today/yesterday..

#TeamsLikeBarnsley

I don't want to sound bitter, but the first (and key) goal should never have stood. Cranie took an elbow to the face, and then Elliott used Foster as a step-ladder. Unbelievable that neither offence was spotted.

Our defensive display - set pieces especially - was diabolical. We deserved to lose based just on that. And fair play to Jon Stead who terrorised our defence in that first half.

The third goal (not bitter) again was suspect - McNulty was fouled yet you got the free kick which led to a goal.

Taking nothing away from you though. For 60 minutes we were in it, but in that time we defended poorly and by whatever means necessary you profited. And raced into a 5-1 lead. But be honest, it was never a 5-1 game. Hell, it wasn't (in my opinion) a 5-3 game. We created some great chances but each time the shot/header seemed to find your keeper who had a great game.

At least 4 of our players had a bad day at the office, and by the time we got a grip on the game fully - in the last 15 minutes - we had ran out of time.

I honestly believe that given another 10 minutes we'd have levelled it up, it was that one-sided.

But games are 90 minutes long, so I'm talking shiiite.

I think we'll be safe this season. I'm putting today/yesterday down to a 'bad day' at the office and remembering your great home form (as well as our poor historical record at AG) and trying to remain positive.

Good luck in your fight for survival.

Let's hope we're both lining up as Championship opponents next season, eh?

You Reds!

A fair assessment from another teams supporter.

The first goal, I admit I thought we were fortunate. The Fontaine 'elbow' was just contact, and I don't think that could have been called a free kick. Elliott has got up early, and your defender makes no attempt to jump - however, that said, I have seen those disallowed.

There was a definite shirt pull before stead commited the foul, however, again; one that could have gone either way.

To balance it out; there was nothing wrong with Davies' goal, and I thought you could have had a player sent off for manhandling stead!

Looking on this forum, you'd notice we didn't think much of the ref today. He had a poor game.

You played some nice football to be honest; passed it well and very patient in the build up. That Perkins looks a decent player, and Tunnicliffe and Scotland seem to be very clever signings.

You're the ones we are trying to catch (for now), so it's going to be interesting to see how your manager and team reacts to a defeat.

Bling said it all in his post. I don't think Barnsley can have any complaints.

Watching the game was like watching Bristol City playing ourselves - always an attacking threat despite lacking a dominant midfield but with a very suspect, leaky defence. You could see why both teams are struggling and will continue to do so until the end of the season.

I hope both our teams survive the drop.

I think it's unfair to judge the game on the last 15 minutes. Being 5-1 up is never going to show how a team really plays as they're just seeing the game out - as we were trying to do.

It wasn't a 5-1 game correct, but we took our chances and unquestionably deserved 3 points.

You dont mention that Davies had a perfectly good goal disallowed when your guy slipped over , we also should also have had a Pen and both your centre halves should have been sent off for fouling a players clean through. Apart from our own defence at times this season Barsnley had the worse defence to play at BS3 this season. I counted we had 6 shots on target with only 11 mins on the clock so if we had scored 10 or 11 yesterday you couldn't argue

Your first goal was a goal mouth scramble that would have probably been cleared if we had one player on the line rather than 3 all trying to hack it away. Your second took a lucky deflection that wrong footed Heaton and your 3rd was a very well placed goal which was just out of reach of Heaton.

But they all count and as a result the game stayed within your reach but I think you rode your luck a bit to be there

Ignoring the blatant pen prior to the first goal, also ignoring how Barnsley defenders were trying to rip the shirt off the back of stead in first half with no even a foul.

The ref kept you in the game.

It fair to say we really should have had more than 5.

I agree, on seeing the game again on the FLS, that Perkins wasn't fouled, he slipped, so you were unlucky there.

But as I say, the first - and key - goal should never have stood. And McNulty was fouled, yet you got the free kick which led to a goal.

Not saying you didn't deserve to win - you did. But boy did our defence gift it you.

Ah well, onto the next one, and at least Wolves are losing. :)

Great Game...Barnsley for a team that conceded five goals looked very decent. The fact we were 4-1 up and the crowd and the players were tense says a lot about both teams...All this woulda coulda shoulda really cancels itself out...Maybe the first goal was iffy, but Davies had a screamer disallowed for nothing...

Going back to the Be Affraid thread, I would be thinking Wolves (just lost) Huddersfield Sheff Wed among others are now really feeling the pressure as all the bottom three are in some way stringing results together....Look out for the last twelve games its gonna be gut wrenching for everyone!!

If I was a Tyke fan I'd be worried, very worried about yesterdays shambolic defending and praying that conceding five goals to the bottom team doesn't destroy confidence.

The decent run of results is now over and it could be a real struggle to get back to winning ways after such a poor performance. Away at the Rebok next saturday is another tough game.

If I was a Tyke fan I'd be worried, very worried about yesterdays shambolic defending and praying that conceding five goals to the bottom team doesn't destroy confidence.

The decent run of results is now over and it could be a real struggle to get back to winning ways after such a poor performance. Away at the Rebok next saturday is another tough game.

It's at Oakwell, mate, not the Reebok.

Luckily for us their best player, the Polish guy pronounced Sifka (please don't ask me to spell his name!), was on the bench for most of the game.

A bit of a bollock dropped by Barnsley there.

Also starting "Handball" Harewoood instead of Scotland helped us. He looked very sharp when they brought him on.

Scotland looked a bit of a thug and our two lightweight midfield subs couldn't control him. He just brushed Howard off and I think 'Killa' ran away (probably shouting and pointing at someone else as he did!)

Took his shot very well, it has to be said though.

I think Kelly, Anderson and Pearson remaining on would have neutralised the threats of 'sifka' and Scotland.

Scotland looked a bit of a thug and our two lightweight midfield subs couldn't control him. He just brushed Howard off and I think 'Killa' ran away (probably shouting and pointing at someone else as he did!)

Took his shot very well, it has to be said though.

I think Kelly, Anderson and Pearson remaining on would have neutralised the threats of 'sifka' and Scotland.

Yep. Spot on.

The empty space in front of the defence after the substitutions brought the Del days roaring back!

Yep. Spot on.

The empty space in front of the defence after the substitutions brought the Del days roaring back!

SOD said as much in one of his post match interviews, not about the Del days but about the players that came on are not the sort to crunch into tackles and win balls in the air - makes you wonder why we bother having them at all? They are the sort you bring on when you are 1 down with 10 mins to go.

Archived