IGNORED

Gas = Nice Little Earner

sglosbcfc

Get some money on Rovers to win the League Cup, now they are getting a new ground, maybe, they are certain to do a 'Swansea'.

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/108667-swansea-success/

You gotta laugh, might be better for them to concentrate on beating top outfits like Morecombe in front of 1700 fans before they dream of a major trophy.

Clubs with new stadia in that league:

Rotherham

Chesterfield

Morcambe

Burton

Not exactly a guarantee is it?

Well the blue few think it is. I have never read so much drivel in my life as the amount I have read on there over the years. Barca of league 2 springs to mind.

I like this bit:

We are in competition with City absolutely for those who currently only watch premier league football or maybe don't even have a team at the moment. However, I believe we already have enough people who if asked "City or Rovers?" would go for the gas every time, whether it's because their Uncle supports them, they live near the ground or because blue is their favourite colour

I like this bit:

We are in competition with City absolutely for those who currently only watch premier league football or maybe don't even have a team at the moment. However, I believe we already have enough people who if asked "City or Rovers?" would go for the gas every time, whether it's because their Uncle supports them, they live near the ground or because blue is their favourite colour

Probably so tbf. Most of the white van driving, blue collar types out kingswood, hanham, mangotsfield, warmley etc etc seem to have more of an affinity with the blue than us (largely passed down i suspect). If the gas did manage to mobilise this support on a regular basis they could put together fairly respectable attendance figures. But this is no different to us being able to get the rest of the city down AG!

Well the blue few think it is. I have never read so much drivel in my life as the amount I have read on there over the years. Barca of league 2 springs to mind.

I think one person said this once! Not a widely held view believe me.

I'm sure I could pull up some gems from OTIB if I wanted and quote ad infinitum ;) - e.g. I'm sure I read AV was a Stadium geared up to host City in Europe ;)

I think one person said this once! Not a widely held view believe me.

I'm sure I could pull up some gems from OTIB if I wanted and quote ad infinitum ;) - e.g. I'm sure I read AV was a Stadium geared up to host City in Europe ;)

The constant slating of Yeovil by Rovers fans is laughable.

How many of them actually wrote that the new stadium will definitely bring then success?

None that I can see.

^ Voice of reason. Pot Kettle Black springs to mind, many many City fans see AV as the catalyst to bring City some success (Premiership etc), yet any Gas suggesting that the UWE might be a cataylst for success is clearly deluded ;)

^ Voice of reason. Pot Kettle Black springs to mind, many many City fans see AV as the catalyst to bring City some success (Premiership etc), yet any Gas suggesting that the UWE might be a cataylst for success is clearly deluded ;)

The one where you all say "We'll be bigger than city in 5 years" cracks me up, and you all seem to say it iswell..

Clubs with new stadia in that league:

Rotherham

Chesterfield

Morcambe

Burton

Not exactly a guarantee is it?

Be fair, Tom. Morecambe and Burton came from non-league and built stadia appropriate to their needs. They've moved upwards since having them. Chesterfield desperately needed a new ground and Rotherham were turfed out of theirs.

You could also counter that argument with Shrewsbury and Doncaster (and of course Swansea) who have moved upwards since building new grounds.

It's a mistake to believe that a new ground guarantees success but it's not a mistake to understand that it helps. The Rovers board will have to seriously mismanage things to not profit in some way from the new ground.

Probably so tbf. Most of the white van driving, blue collar types out kingswood, hanham, mangotsfield, warmley etc etc seem to have more of an affinity with the blue than us (largely passed down i suspect). If the gas did manage to mobilise this support on a regular basis they could put together fairly respectable attendance figures. But this is no different to us being able to get the rest of the city down AG!

Don't agree.. there are plenty of City in Warmley, Longwell Green, Bitton, Keynsham etc.

Gas neighbours are a great source of entertainment though!

I like this bit:

Or maybe it's because every neutral would naturally "like" the underdog...??

Read your forum mate and see what a load of bull your lot write before criticising ours. If you can't have a dream of success in a new Stadium or in five years or whatever then what is the point of being a football supporter of anything other than a Premiership team? Look at yourselves for instance. What do you think your rejuvenated Ashton Gate will bring you in League 1. Be very surprised if you manage 7000 season tickets sold if you go down to League 1 this year. I might add that personally I think you will survive this year as I think you will win the majority of your home games and also pick up the odd win away as you have only lost in recent weeks away to top teams.

Read your forum mate and see what a load of bull your lot write before criticising ours. If you can't have a dream of success in a new Stadium or in five years or whatever then what is the point of being a football supporter of anything other than a Premiership team?

That's fine btw but it's us having ambition like that, that lead to you lot accusing us of thinking we are a 'massive club'. Make your ******* minds up, yeah?

Read your forum mate and see what a load of bull your lot write before criticising ours. If you can't have a dream of success in a new Stadium or in five years or whatever then what is the point of being a football supporter of anything other than a Premiership team? Look at yourselves for instance. What do you think your rejuvenated Ashton Gate will bring you in League 1. Be very surprised if you manage 7000 season tickets sold if you go down to League 1 this year. I might add that personally I think you will survive this year as I think you will win the majority of your home games and also pick up the odd win away as you have only lost in recent weeks away to top teams.

You could only dream of selling 7k season tickets.

Read your forum mate and see what a load of bull your lot write before criticising ours. If you can't have a dream of success in a new Stadium or in five years or whatever then what is the point of being a football supporter of anything other than a Premier League team? Look at yourselves for instance. What do you think your rejuvenated Ashton Gate will bring you in League 1. Be very surprised if you manage 7000 season tickets sold if you go down to League 1 this year. I might add that personally I think you will survive this year as I think you will win the majority of your home games and also pick up the odd win away as you have only lost in recent weeks away to top teams.

Right, we're gonna sell less than the last time we were there. Ok then.

Be fair, Tom. Morecambe and Burton came from non-league and built stadia appropriate to their needs. They've moved upwards since having them. Chesterfield desperately needed a new ground and Rotherham were turfed out of theirs.

You could also counter that argument with Shrewsbury and Doncaster (and of course Swansea) who have moved upwards since building new grounds.

It's a mistake to believe that a new ground guarantees success but it's not a mistake to understand that it helps. The Rovers board will have to seriously mismanage things to not profit in some way from the new ground.

It's swings and roundabouts look at where Darlo and Chester are

Archived