IGNORED

Gas = Nice Little Earner

sglosbcfc

Be fair, Tom. Morecambe and Burton came from non-league and built stadia appropriate to their needs. They've moved upwards since having them. Chesterfield desperately needed a new ground and Rotherham were turfed out of theirs.

Sorry to be picky, Morcambe moved to the Globe Arena in 2011-12 Season.

I was doing my '92' travels and went to Christie Park in April 2011 - Loads (by league 2 standard) of Merch selling shirts with something like '91 years at Christie Park'; I thought this was an odd number, until I opened the programme and realised I hadn't done my research, the Globe Arena was ready & 3 home games down the line, they would be there .... and the train trip to Morecambe was a pointless excercise. The game was a 4-3 thriller though. Also for the record, the globe arena is a slightly modernised identical replica of Christie Park move 2/3 miles up the road from the old site. On visiting the new ground, I was put out by how bloody similar it was.

But yeah, point taken, New Ground & risen along with Burton.

Rotherham were turfed out of Millmoor years ago werent they? I have a feeling the same could happen to Barnet.

As for Rovers, New Ground, they'll replicate Chesterfield I reckon, get a promotion, a bit of momentum but it'll all be another false dawn and barring a miracle youth player to make them millions, can't see them doing a Wigan, Reading, Swansea.

Why are you lot obsessed with the Gas? Is it really because you are jealous that they will beat us to a new stadium, or pehaps they are picking up a few points and will not be dropping out of the FL, certainly gone a bit quiet of late on matchdays regarding the Gas this Gas that, and how carp they are..If you cant take don't give it and stop whinging like a load of silly little girls it makes you look a bit soft in the heads.

We actually need a strong Rovers and a strong City, unless you would like the fair City of ours to be the laughing stock of football..

Yes sure they are all praying that we stay up.

As for Rovers, New Ground, they'll replicate Chesterfield I reckon, get a promotion, a bit of momentum but it'll all be another false dawn and barring a miracle youth player to make them millions, can't see them doing a Wigan, Reading, Swansea.

But at least we will have a chance of doing it now, some optimism. No optimism means no enthusiasm and little interest. Something we don't have while at the Mem.

Gas fans are much like us and the fans of every other Football League Club. Maybe bar a few.

They are partisan, hate any other local teams, like a bit of banter and dare to dream.

Just seems silly trying to convince anyone that they are markedly different from us.

But at least we will have a chance of doing it now, some optimism. No optimism means no enthusiasm and little interest. Something we don't have while at the Mem.

The thing is, we've heard it all before when you moved back to Bristol from Twerton. That was going to be the catalyst for a meteroic rise.

Why are you lot obsessed with the Gas? Is it really because you are jealous that they will beat us to a new stadium, or pehaps they are picking up a few points and will not be dropping out of the FL, certainly gone a bit quiet of late on matchdays regarding the Gas this Gas that, and how carp they are..If you cant take don't give it and stop whinging like a load of silly little girls it makes you look a bit soft in the heads.

We actually need a strong Rovers and a strong City, unless you would like the fair City of ours to be the laughing stock of football..

I think I will continue laughing at them at every given opportunity, thanks all the same. You can't know the same gasheads as me if the ones you know don't want us to fail more than they want their own team to do well. It's just not normal.

I'm more than happy for Rovers to continue to be the laughing stock of football, their perennial struggles don't reflect badly on BCFC at all.

The Rovers fans that I know rather than be pleased that John Ward has helped them pick up some points and climb the table, are absolutely devastated that we have won four out of four home games under SOD and look capable of survival. It is a weird obsession with them, if we were way clear of relegation it wouldn't bother us if the Gas happened to be picking up points at the same time.

As regards posts about both teams doing well, I am convinced City will be a stronger club with a weak Division 4 local rival. It would not be good for us if Rovers build their support base and climb the league tables. However, we shouldn't worry about it because I can't see it happening.

People taking quotes from both forums.. From people who know Nowt or are about 15.

Then returning to there own forums to spread the news of what one Baffoon has said..

Why dont we talk about fish or pikelets or summet???

I had that tripe about Swansea ten years ago. .. rammed down my throat by quite a few gas head mates first hand, I also saw quite a few references to it on Facebook.

Archived