IGNORED

City In Division 4

Lew-T

Great video there, we really should have gone up that season.

Notice the EE in full cry in each home game, the difference to now????............................a drum!!!

BCAGFC

still can't for the life of me (like the thousand's of others) wonder why Wilson didn't have a striker on the bench for that final, especially with super sub Leroy banging them in for fun. Just one of life's great mysteries i suppose.

There's also a video from the 98-99 division one days when we beat Crewe 5-2 for our first win of the season, We had a very attacking right side to that team Scott Murray at RB and Greg Goodridge RM

Soo, after our 11 game winning run and going top, we must have royally screwed up to only get in the play-offs!

It's funny, I can tell what happened in the 60's & 70's just like that, scores the lot, BUT I'm buggered if I can remember how the results /trend went only 8 years ago ,and yet I was there home and away!

Must be me age !

Thank you for posting this. That was a very special season.

I was at that Swindle game.

And someone else recalled Chester... was there too.... my most enjoyable of all time that was. What an atmosphere at that match. open end with no roof. I seem to recall there were about 3,000 city fans and about 2000 fairly silent Chester fans inside the ground.. it was a home game in all but name. Bob Newman, Russell Musker, Terry Coops, Was Riley and Neville with us then?... wow what a team with passion. Did Tom Ritchie come back as well.. time flies.

Lets get relegated twice, go out of biz, and come back again... yeahhhhhhh... errrr ...no no ok no.

Archived