IGNORED

Another Joey Barton Thread

Welcome To The Jungle

My problem is simply this, for every intelligent quote he makes (more often than not in a pre written newspaper piece), is then wasted when he has to be spontaneous especially on twitter, some of the pathetic name calling a young kid in the playground wouldn't lower themselves to, which sometimes leads me to suspect whether if the intelligent stuff comes from another source.

I certainly agree. He does himself no favours, and the recent spat he had (with hamman I think??) made me cringe. That said Joey Barton must always be taken with a pinch of salt. He will never be a role model, he will never be a saint, and he will never curb his petulant behaviour. But sifting through the heavy pile of crap, he does make some very erudite points about the game that other insiders are too scared to voice, and there is even the occasional flash of sharp humour. I think people read too much into him, and too many are influenced by opinions spouted by Sky / The Sun, etc. Some of his behaviour has been inexcusable, but even so, many are just happy to listen to what the tabloids say about him and take it as gospel - it doesn't occur to them that he is their bete noir and they have an agenda against him.

Blimey, I'm sounding like a Barton apologist :D

Looks like that's another club who will get rid of him at the end of the season. He really is vile and an embarrassment.

Apparently some on here consider him rather intelligent, how about sending him as a piece envoy to North Korea, PSG fans can vote on on what piece we send, perhaps the North Koreans will keep him as a inhuman shield.

Apparently some on here consider him rather intelligent, how about sending him as a piece envoy to North Korea, PSG fans can vote on on what piece we send, perhaps the North Koreans will keep him as a inhuman shield.

Send him to to Thailand, ping pong firing squad followed back doors filling by some of Bangkoks finest!

Barton talk a good game of philosophy and knowledge but the guy reverts back to nature when you stoke his fire. He's nothing more than pseudo-intellectual idiot that trying to pose against type.

I like him as a footballer and when his heads on the game he's decent and could be a top midfielder but unfortunately his off field antics and disciplinary record will always eclipse that.

Archived