IGNORED

11 In A Row

zyderiup

Happy days. Scored so many late winners in the run. We should have made it 12 wins too - we were robbed of a perfectly good goal at Sheffield Wednesday. How many fans did we take that day? Was well over 5'000.

That boxing day fixture against Brentford was quality.. seem to remember some bloke living in the house behind the terrace getting plenty of abuse/banter.

great at the time but didn't really get us anywhere,

some of my happiest times as a city fan was under wilson and that being the main one,

True, but real enjoyment in following the club in those days and don't the City fans look delirious at Brentford.

Remember that day well, and on a personal note great to see several shots of a far from 'Enormous' Turnip celebrating with his Dad in the mass of City fans behind the goal at Griffin Park!

Happy days. Scored so many late winners in the run. We should have made it 12 wins too - we were robbed of a perfectly good goal at Sheffield Wednesday. How many fans did we take that day? Was well over 5'000.

That boxing day fixture against Brentford was quality.. seem to remember some bloke living in the house behind the terrace getting plenty of abuse/banter.

I posted this in the division 4 thread last night. I was at the start (Brentford) and the end (Sheff Wed) of that epic run. That has been the most entertaining side to watch in my 23 years of watching city (tho can't remember the first few).

There's also a video of our 5-2 win against Crewe in division 1 from 98-99 that's well worth a watch

I posted this in the division 4 thread last night. I was at the start (Brentford) and the end (Sheff Wed) of that epic run. That has been the most entertaining side to watch in my 23 years of watching city (tho can't remember the first few).

There's also a video of our 5-2 win against Crewe in division 1 from 98-99 that's well worth a watch

That Crewe game was my first game, I was only 5 at the time but I remember it so well!

great at the time but didn't really get us anywhere,

some of my happiest times as a city fan was under wilson and that being the main one,

Any other season we'd have walked the league, it was the fact that there was a huge amount of good teams fighting at the top. It took us till the 10th game to go top - that says it all. We finished 3rd with over 80 points didn't we?

I remember being at Notts County and when Freezer blasted over the bar soon after he came on we all thought he was crap. He then popped up with the winner. For a little bloke he could certainly head the ball well.

Didn't have enough to his all round game which is why he never really made it.

3 things occur to me:

1. That wasn't a bad team at all - Goodfellow, what went wrong?

2. Nice kit

3. Doesn't Carey look young!

I watch Goodfellow in that video and wonder what the hell happened to him - remember he did quite well for a while at Swansea and then sank down the leagues. We also played some lovely passing football during that run.

Would have loved to seen Wilkshire in the Championship too, think he'd have been far better suited to it.

That run was just amazing and being there for the away win against Brentford was an amazing feeling as with 10 minutes to go we looked like losing. Goodfellow's winner at Notts County came on Tinman's 500th appearance I think...The Grimsby pen was a shocker as Hill clearly played the ball.

Good times.

Any other season we'd have walked the league, it was the fact that there was a huge amount of good teams fighting at the top. It took us till the 10th game to go top - that says it all. We finished 3rd with over 80 points didn't we?

was that the season QPR pipped us to second by 1 point and I think wigan or reading went up with 100+?,

Can't quite rememeber now,

Marc Goodfellow.... rememebr going mental when we let him go thought he was fantastic but was one of those who never devloped further (like a lot of our youngsters),

where we get him from Stoke?

was that the season QPR pipped us to second by 1 point and I think wigan or reading went up with 100+?,

Can't quite rememeber now,

Marc Goodfellow.... rememebr going mental when we let him go thought he was fantastic but was one of those who never devloped further (like a lot of our youngsters),

where we get him from Stoke?

QPR Champions, they lifted the title at Hillsborough, Brighton won the play offs, Plymouth went up in 2nd.

That run was just amazing and being there for the away win against Brentford was an amazing feeling as with 10 minutes to go we looked like losing. Goodfellow's winner at Notts County came on Tinman's 500th appearance I think.

Good times.

Yeah they were good times. Good manager had the team playing good football. Almost unbelievably Danny Wilson had his critics and one forum user I recall wrote to the EP about getting rid of him. Used the fact that DW didn't have a home in Bristol as part of his argument...... :facepalm:

Ask Scott Murray who his favorite manager was and he'll tell you Danny Wilson.

It was sad that Wilson messed up the play-off final but he wasn't the first or the last manager to do that. Personally I blame Lee Miller for missing that tap in at Swindon.

Yeah they were good times. Good manager had the team playing good football. Almost unbelievably Danny Wilson had his critics and one forum user I recall wrote to the EP about getting rid of him. Used the fact that DW didn't have a home in Bristol as part of his argument...... :facepalm:

Ask Scott Murray who his favorite manager was and he'll tell you Danny Wilson.

It was sad that Wilson messed up the play-off final but he wasn't the first or the last manager to do that. Personally I blame Lee Miller for missing that tap in at Swindon.

It wasn't unbelievable at all.

He probably had the biggest transfer funds and wage bill available at the time and failed season after season.

Goodfellow was hopeless. He had very little to his game apart from running quickly in a straight line. I remember one game where he picked up the ball on halfway and ran in an arrow-straight line down the wing.... straight into the Atyeo stand.

He got a few goals for us, including that header in the playoff semi final but he really wasn't a good player. Maybe comparable to Betsy in Johnson's promotion season (in ability and effect, not style).

The thing that really grated for me was that Wilson paid around £150k to sign him from Stoke when Paul Parry of Hereford and Michael McIndoe of Yeovil were available for next to nothing, both of whom went on to play consistently well at a higher level.

Goodfellow was hopeless. He had very little to his game apart from running quickly in a straight line. I remember one game where he picked up the ball on halfway and ran in an arrow-straight line down the wing.... straight into the Atyeo stand.

He got a few goals for us, including that header in the playoff semi final but he really wasn't a good player. Maybe comparable to Betsy in Johnson's promotion season (in ability and effect, not style).

The thing that really grated for me was that Wilson paid around £150k to sign him from Stoke when Paul Parry of Hereford and Michael McIndoe of Yeovil were available for next to nothing, both of whom went on to play consistently well at a higher level.

we never paid 150k for him I know that much, it was more like 30-50k

Ahhh great season that. Any other season and we would have been promoted for sure. Remember some cracking sell-out home games, including QPR in Scott Murray's return and Plymouth on a tuesday night when Lee Peacock scored a late winner and the whole ground went potty!

Remember it well.. peacock mis-kicked it iswell..

That team in 04 would but our current team no question

Archived