IGNORED

Steve Lansdown (Bristol Sport)

City's Defence!!

Hi All

I have been think about this for a why now and wondering if other people have as well. Do you think that Steve Lansdown might buy gloucestershire CCC club??

I ask this as there was a piece in the Evening post a month or so ago when it was confirmed that the Rugby club were moving to Ashton Gate the season after next in 2014. The gentleman who is CEO of Bristol Sport saying that other sports were going to be coming under the Umbrella of Bristol Sport and that got me thinking. Could this mean that Lansdown might buy the Gloucestershire CCC??

When i read this morning that Bristol sport were investing in Dino for Forumla 3 i thought weather Mr Lansdown was going to Monolopinise sport in this City under his Company. fair play to him digging in his pocket for Dino. Hopefully it will help him fulfill his Formula 1 dreams.

Got to say i dont know the ins and outs of how cricket is run. But can County Cricket clubs be brought like football and Rugby clubs or is it all centralised via the ECB??

Discuss.

Do you know if Steve Lansdown is interested in cricket?

Not sure if he is or not but it looks like there is a vacancy as the CE Tom Richardson is standing down in September. When I saw this I wondered if Bristol Sport may become involved. I think the day to day role would be too much for SL but maybe Sextone might return to Glos in some sort of role ?

I have got no idea if he likes cricket. But it seems to me that he is moving into other sports and i just thought cricket is quite popular in Bristol and having 3 major sporting entities under 1 umbrella makes it attractive for him.

He might not even like cricket and might not be interested just seeing if anyone see's it the same way as me really.

What do you think Robbored

• Admin

As Somerset were the original county to play in Bristol perhaps he will see that they are the club going places at the moment.

With Somerset shortly to start their ground redevelopement he could get interested in that.

Leave the Student flat business to the lower clubs in the area

As Somerset were the original county to play in Bristol perhaps he will see that they are the club going places at the moment.

With Somerset shortly to start their ground redevelopement he could get interested in that.

Leave the Student flat business to the lower clubs in the area

ahmen,

don't worry about Gloucester buy somerset :)

Remember seeing him at a Eng v WI game few years ago. He was sat talking to Alan Stamford wasn't he..

Not sure if he is or not but it looks like there is a vacancy as the CE Tom Richardson is standing down in September. When I saw this I wondered if Bristol Sport may become involved. I think the day to day role would be too much for SL but maybe Sextone might return to Glos in some sort of role ?

Isn't Sexy at Plymouth?

Isn't Sexy at Plymouth?

Not sure TBH. Was just adding 2 and 2 together if Bristol Sport would be interested then he would seem a logical choice. I imagine the lure of a ground with new stands and facilities and the remit of trying to secure International matches may well float someones boat.

I agree with the OP that it wouldn't surprise me at all if Bristol Sport got involved at some level.

He certainly is - he's even followed England to all sorts of far flung places and I am told (but don't know for a fact) that as a Thornbury lad he's a Gloucestershire fan. I would imagine, but again don't know, that was where he first met Colin Sexstone.

He certainly is - he's even followed England to all sorts of far flung places and I am told (but don't know for a fact) that as a Thornbury lad he's a Gloucestershire fan. I would imagine, but again don't know, that was where he first met Colin Sexstone.

Thats good news in you're a GCC man.

Both my kids were born in Taunton which gives my cricket allegiance away.

Thats good news in you're a GCC man.

Both my kids were born in Taunton which gives my cricket allegiance away.

Born in Yorkshire myself which gives away mine. Been to Somerset a few times though, always liked them and always look out for them. How they haven't won the County Championship by now is a mystery to me. Mind you, the stories around Brian Close's days in Taunton are completely legendary, particularly the one when he blistered his n*b leaning over a hot tea ern in the changing room. So bad did the wound look, and so suspicious was she, that apparently Mrs Close resisted all intimate contact for a couple of months until it cleared up.

The clue is in the name Bristol Sport ;)

Just move them into the catchment area :), maybe if we applied for a Cricket Ground at the Vale it might turn the nimbys heads after all thats what they did on that patch of waste ground ;)

He could certainly afford to. Now a billionaire and the 974th richest person on the planet according to the latest Forbes list.

He isn't a billionaire, he just has the net worth of £1 billion.

If he sold his 20% in Hargreaves Lansdown then he'd be a billionaire.

He isn't a billionaire, he just has the net worth of £1 billion.

If he sold his 20% in Hargreaves Lansdown then he'd be a billionaire.

You need to contact Forbes and inform them of this . Suddenly there are a lot less billionaires in the world.

Archived