IGNORED

Televised Games In April - Hull Live On Sky 19Th April 7.45Pm Ko

Maverick

Does anyone know when sky announce their televised games for April?

Thinking about buying train tickets for Hull, but as this has promotion and relegation interest (although no doubt we will be safe by then) i can see this being televised and kick off time being changed.

Does anyone know when sky announce their televised games for April?

Thinking about buying train tickets for Hull, but as this has promotion and relegation interest (although no doubt we will be safe by then) i can see this being televised and kick off time being changed.

Leeds v derby

Watford Cardiff currently published

The cuurent contract sttes that each club in the Championship MUST have at least one home game shown

Which would have been the Hull game

I sent off a snotty e-mail to head of Sky sports a couple of days ago requesting the Sheffield Wednesday game be shown

as their is currently a gap at 3 pm on Easter Monday for a live game

I don't think easter monday games come under the 3pm blackout

Lets wait and see

Also heard an alleged rumour that the Huddersfield v Hull game was forced on them by Sky

Even though one or maybe both clubs didn't want the game shown live

Be interesting to see if Sky withdraw the live coverage and that coud leave a slot open for a Derby v City game being shown live

If true, See ruining football thread!!!!!

Football is Saturday afternoon at 3:00 and more recently Tuesday nights at 7:45 not this Friday or Monday crap

To be honest the vast majority of us probably weren't intending to travel to Hull.. I for one am quite happy about this one.

If true, See ruining football thread!!!!!

Football is Saturday afternoon at 3:00 and more recently Tuesday nights at 7:45 not this Friday or Monday crap

no it's not.

saturday 3pm and wednesday nights were reflective of a society where working hours were consistent.

in modern britain hours and by extension leisure time are much more flexible, meani9ng sport times can be aswell.

please young man, get a bleeding sport textbook. it doesnt even need to be gcse level, and just flick through it.

no it's not.

saturday 3pm and wednesday nights were reflective of a society where working hours were consistent.

in modern britain hours and by extension leisure time are much more flexible, meani9ng sport times can be aswell.

please young man, get a bleeding sport textbook. it doesnt even need to be gcse level, and just flick through it.

So are you happy with Sky changing kick-off times so it fits in there schedule? Instead of the fixed schedule given at the start of every season otherwise called as the 'fixture list'

So are you happy with Sky changing kick-off times so it fits in there schedule? Instead of the fixed schedule given at the start of every season otherwise called as the 'fixture list'

Why not. The clubs accept their money.

True,

But if it was any other game slightly closer to Bristol, Would you of been happy swapping it from Saturday afternoon/Evening to a Friday night?

But the point is it isn't. It's a horrible bastard 450+ mile round trip to one of the least desirable parts of the country. These are exactly the games I like being televised.

We've had 2? Games this season that have been televised - hardly a big deal is it considering the home fixture was moved to 5.45pm..

Why not. The clubs accept their money.

Because people might not be able to go anymore due to work, getting kicked out of a hobby! People enjoy going to watch football, but because of Sky changing kick off times to suit them, some people won't be able to make it

And if you were offered the money they pay you would say no? That's the only reason clubs say yes to it ££££££ if it was out of choice I reckon it would only be a couple of teams such as Man Ure who will see it as an advertising opportunity

Because people might not be able to go anymore due to work, getting kicked out of a hobby! People enjoy going to watch football, but because of Sky changing kick off times to suit them, some people won't be able to make it

And if you were offered the money they pay you would say no? That's the only reason clubs say yes to it ££££££ if it was out of choice I reckon it would only be a couple of teams such as Man Ure who will see it as an advertising opportunity

Like GR said not many (200) would of made the trip anyway.

But the point is it isn't. It's a horrible bastard 450+ mile round trip to one of the least desirable parts of the country. These are exactly the games I like being televised.

It's good to see you have the choice Tom.

You are right though in respect of how little it affects us as Bristol City fans, it's more the wider context of Sky dictating kick offs etc that i think irritates some.

no it's not.

Still won't get a train back from Hull for an evening match - or isn't that modern enough for you?

We've had 2? Games this season that have been televised - hardly a big deal is it considering the home fixture was moved to 5.45pm..

My point is, say the Derby game got moved to a Monday at 7:45, many people wouldn't be able to go because of work, whereas if it was televised late Saturday it would be okay, Keep Football on a Saturday or Tuesday!

My point is, say the Derby game got moved to a Monday at 7:45, many people wouldn't be able to go because of work, whereas if it was televised late Saturday it would be okay, Keep Football on a Saturday or Tuesday!

It's on a Friday at 7.45pm..

It's good to see you have the choice Tom.

You are right though in respect of how little it affects us as Bristol City fans, it's more the wider context of Sky dictating kick offs etc that i think irritates some.

Yeah I agree, but isn't that because they aren't allowed to have it on 3pm on a Saturday more than anything else. I bet if that rule was lifted Sky would have 2-3 games live (in the PL) on Saturday at 3pm and 2 live on a Sunday.

I would be more pissed if they'd moved the Derby game from where is granted as plan to go to that one. I imagine anyone who planned to go to Hull isn't best pleased not least the exiles but it probably would have been one of the smallest away followings of the season anyway.

Archived