IGNORED

Disallowed Goal

Super

The fact you have had to pause it to check makes me think it would have been a tough one for the lino.

no, paused it because it looked onside. And that's from a diagonal angle, Lino would have been looking along line. Can't see how he got it wrong

no, paused it because it looked onside. And that's from a diagonal angle, Lino would have been looking along line. Can't see how he got it wrong

He has to be absolutely certain about the instant the ball was played too, which is more difficult on a rebound where it's retrospective.

Mistakes happen, we have benefitted from some and suffered from others. Don't pay it too much heed, if we go down there are plenty of reasons why that factor in more than officiating mistakes.

I haven't seen it, I was just saying.

When your running the line you look to see the ball played,THEN you look along the line, that split second can make a hell of a difference.

Try it.

I have tried it, albeit a few years ago now!

The fact is that in order to give a player offside they should be absolutely sure. Any doubt and the striker should be deemed onside.

I remember a while ago it was stated that to be offside they should be clearly ahead of the last but one defender, "clear daylight" I think was the term used.

IMO that means that if any part of the attacker is in line with said defender he is onside. (Bit like every part of the ball must be over the line).

Far too often these days, linos are too quick to raise the flag without being 100% sure.

I remember a while ago it was stated that to be offside they should be clearly ahead of the last but one defender, "clear daylight" I think was the term used.

IMO that means that if any part of the attacker is in line with said defender he is onside. (Bit like every part of the ball must be over

I believe they abandoned that interpretation. Now, you're considered offside if any part of your body that you're allowed to score with is ahead of the last defender, if the TV pundits are to be believed.

I'll happily criticise match officials for all sorts of things, but getting the odd "was he level or wasn't he" offside decision wrong isn't among them. At the pace the professional game is played they do incredibly well to get the vast majority right.

Haven't seen yesterday's yet, but it doesn't sound like a howler - just one of those things. Hopefully we'll have one or two go our way at an important point between now and the end of the season.

He has to be absolutely certain about the instant the ball was played too, which is more difficult on a rebound where it's retrospective.

Mistakes happen, we have benefitted from some and suffered from others. Don't pay it too much heed, if we go down there are plenty of reasons why that factor in more than officiating mistakes.

Lee Miller's one.

He does have to be absolutely certain and I was under the impression that the benefit of any doubt is meant to go to the attacking side?

So the goal really should have been given.

Archived