IGNORED

6 Home - 5 Away

shaner89

We have 6 home games, and 5 away games left.

S O'd mentioned winning home games is the key to success when he first started here, and we are doing that at the moment. Also, JL mentioned a 52 point target. If we win our remaining 6 home games, that would surpass that, so winning 6 home games and Wolves away should put us in a good position (according to JL and his assumption of a safe amount of points).

6 Home wins and 1 away win would give us 56 points.

All in all, that means 7 wins out of 11 games remaining. I think given our recent home form this is achievable. What does everyone else think... ?

S O'd mentioned winning home games is the key to success when he first started here, and we are doing that at the moment. Also, JL mentioned a 52 point target. If we win our remaining 6 home games, that would surpass that, so winning 6 home games and Wolves away should put us in a good position (according to JL and his assumption of a safe amount of points).

All in all, that means 7 wins out of 11 games remaining. I think given our recent home form this is achievable. What does everyone else think... ?

I'll go with that. I've thought we CAN do it for a long time - I'm beginning to think we WILL do it. The other results are more or less irrelevant - so many teams in the ruck above us are playing each other that they have to drop points.

It's purely and simply up to us.

Well I have been optimistic since S O'ds appointment, and he had kept every promise and shown his true brilliance so far.

My opinion is our home games are all winnable - and some of our away games we can atleast get positive outcomes. Forget beating wolves, lets say we will draw against them - we will only need two more away draws to equal what I mentioned.

I think its definitely achieveable, although it might be down to the final day if we don't keep up this form.

Thinking we will walk over Brighton and Mboro just cos we are at home is crazy.

Brighton are a cracking side who on their day could play us off the park.

Lets see if we can do a 'Watford job' on them, keeping our shape when not in possesion, and taking our chances when we get them.

One game at a time gents :laugh:

Thinking we will walk over Brighton and Mboro just cos we are at home is crazy.

Brighton are a cracking side who on their day could play us off the park.

Lets see if we can do a 'Watford job' on them, keeping our shape when not in possesion, and taking our chances when we get them.

One game at a time gents :laugh:

I don't think we're ready to walk over anybody (except possibly Barnsley ;) ) We are ready not to be walked over by anybody. Who would have guessed, two months ago, that Nyatanga and Fontaine could have been MoM?

10 successive home wins, I think that's being optimistic. I think we'll do we'll to get a point on Tuesday personally :/

At the start of the year winning one home game on the trot was being optimistic. Expecting to win 4 on the trot would have been regarded as stupid - but we've just done that.

For most of the season our only momentum was backwards, but there now seems to be a postive feel about the team, and we are moving forward, both in performance and results, and the players seems to have regained confidence - especially in the manager. That being the case, while it will not be easy, there is actually no reason we can't win the next 6 at home, especially if the players want it badly enough.

I don't think we're ready to walk over anybody (except possibly Barnsley ;) ) We are ready not to be walked over by anybody. Who would have guessed, two months ago, that Nyatanga and Fontaine could have been MoM?

Amazing what a bit of confidence and belief can do Aizoon.

There is no reason why we can't put a run together and as long as every player walks off the pitch knowing he has given his all that's all we can ask.

But wasn't SoD sacked by Forest as he failed to put more than 2 wins on the bounce together and the (crazy) owners wanted more consistency. Couple this with our season and you would be hard pushed to believe we will take the majority of the remaining points available.

I think we will get some results where we shouldn't on paper, but unfortunately fail to get anything from teams we could easily beat. But as I said as long as they give their all its in our hands.

Not a chance unfortunately.

But i think we are long overdue a win against Brighton. Win that and I think it will show we have sufficient guile and confidence to avoid the drop. A draw would be a good result. So many ifs and buts, so many teams in with a shout of going down. its a brave man who bets on the bottom 3.

Always felt myself that Cardiff/Palace/Barnsley/Blackpool/Brighton/Boro/Wolves was a really difficult run. I thought if we could still be in touch at the end of that, may up to 5 or 6 points off the pace, we could still turn it around with a much better run in. I predicted 7 points off that lot to have any chance.

The table may get a little worse before it gets better, but I still believe we can do this - just!

Nor a chance in hell we'll win 10 on the trot at home.

However we'll surely win at least one away game so won't need to.

Winning 10 home games on the trot is of course extremely rare for much better sides than ours BUT that is no longer the equation for us. Having won 4 already we now have "only" to win 6 on the trot! - defeat against Brighton has been made no more likely by previous victories and hence the odds against 10 on the trot have shortened massively over recent weeks. To illustrate if all three results are equally probable in all ten games then the odds against 10 wins at the outset was something like 1:59,000 which has now shortened to "just" 1:728 - still pretty damned unlikely I'll admit.

Much more significant for me is that the prospect of 30 points from 20 games when SO'D arrived has now come down to 17 points from 11 games which means we are pretty much on target at close to the halfway stage - what would have given for that after the Leicester fiasco? Whilst we remain on target, the probability of failure (although still much higher than we would like) diminishes significantly with every game that passes.

As you say - grabbing some points way from home is vital and let's hope yesterday's was the first of several.

If we can win these two home games we'll be in a decent position. We'll also be going into Wolves away with a bit of momentum on the back of a few decent results. Wolves also have 2 away games before we play them.

There's no doubt Brighton and 'Boro at home will be tough, but I think if we win these two I will strongly believe that we could do it. This week is massive for us IMO.

55 points should be enough which means 20 points from 11 games as the bottom line. 1.8 per game.

Another 6 wins and two draws in other words. It could go down to last game at Charlton on 4th May.

at this moment in time I would happily take going to the Charlton game with still a chance of staying up.CTID

We won't need as much as 55. Might be as high as 52 though.

After a run of 4 home wins, it might be possible to win 4 of last 6 but that means we still need to dig out a win away and maybe a draw or 2.

This time last year we weren't even in the relegation places with 35 points. This year might require an exceptional number of points - I wouldn't be surprised if 54 is needed to escape the drop (it has happened before).

I think you're right about four wins out of six at home - anything more than that seems pretty optimistic. If we could bag a draw as well and take 13 points at home, then 6 points away from home should do it. While it's good to be only two points away from safety, if we'd won on Saturday we would be out of the zone now and feeling pretty confident. I hate to say it, but I think Saturday was two points dropped, not a point gained.

A look at the table shows we are bottom and to be fair the table doesn't lie after 35 games. So expecting a team at the bottom to win their last 10 home games is fantasy. Even the best teams seldom do that. I think we could survive but unlike S.O'D, I think away results is what may save us. Our form on the road is terrible but a couple of wins away now could be the key. But its tighter than a ducks backside.

A look at the table shows we are bottom and to be fair the table doesn't lie after 35 games. So expecting a team at the bottom to win their last 10 home games is fantasy. Even the best teams seldom do that. I think we could survive but unlike S.O'D, I think away results is what may save us. Our form on the road is terrible but a couple of wins away now could be the key. But its tighter than a ducks backside.

There's a fallacy here. We're not expecting the team to win 10 home games on the trot, because we've already won four of them. If I toss a coin and it comes down heads 9 times running, the chance of it coming down heads on the tenth occasion is still precisely 50%. (I would check that it's not double-headed, mind)

OK, six running is a big ask, but certainly not impossible. We did it in 1965 - why not in 2013?

Archived