IGNORED

Ashton Gate-Westfalenstadion

MrVinta8

post-21609-0-20987400-1362310162_thumb.j

Personally would love our new design to be based on something like Dortmund's. Steep stands right on top of the pitch would create a great hostile atmosphere.

The ground also has a huge terraced stand, why cant the new east end be just terraced, everyone stands there now anyway!

The WFS is awesome but absolutey massive! The Sud tribune in full voice is an experience in itself, totally incredible TBH.

Wether the same rakes could be applied in the UK, I have my doubts due to UK planning laws but if we could get the effect of the fans being right on top of the players at AV / redeveloped AG, like the WFS, I'm all for it.

IMHO, the WFS is the best football stadium in Europe, bar none.

Dare to dream, although maybe downsize some of that.

I like the idea of a possible stand at Ashton Gate where its purpose is defined by its design. That stand is defined, it is a seperate entity for a obvious element of support.

Is part of that possible at a re-developed Ashton Gate?

I was thinking that we could have our stadium like this,

New Dolman- Top half Safe Standing, Bottom Half seated

New EE- All Safe Standing

New Williams- Bottom Tier Safe Standing, With a gap for boxes then top tier(s) seated

New Ateyo- Seated

Away section (assuming away fans will be in the now family block)- Block A and B safe standing the rest seated, this would mean for low away followings we can use all the seats and allow the fans to have safe standing and flip the bottom half of the seats down just in case.

Thoughts?

New Williams- Bottom Tier Safe Standing, With a gap for boxes then top tier(s) seated

New Ateyo- Seated

Away section (assuming away fans will be in the now family block)- Block A and B safe standing the rest seated, this would mean for low away followings we can use all the seats and allow the fans to have safe standing and flip the bottom half of the seats down just in case.

Thoughts?

Never going to happen. At the moment safe standing isn't allowed. If the rules change and it's allowed then I'd imagine it would be 'trialled', and only part of the Eastend would be safe standing.

New Ateyo- Seated

Thoughts?

Why would you need that much standing?

I'm very very pro safe standing, but that much is just plain daft.

Why would you need that much standing?

I'm very very pro safe standing, but that much is just plain daft.

The top half of the Dolman would only be about 1,000 safe standing seats, Bottom Tier of Williams would again only be around 1, 000 standing seats as the Boxes would take up room, and the EE you could have bottom tier Safe standing, with the option of safe standing in the top tier, that would be around 5,000 safe standing seats, Spread out around the ground so people can chose, also the option would be there for away fans as well. The corners will be all seated

If you want to stand at the back, You go in Dolman

If you want to stand at the front, You go in Williams

Behind goal, You go in the eastend

That will leave 20,000 seats (2,000 for away fans)

When I say safe standing seats I mean the seats in the barriers

The top half of the Dolman would only be about 1,000 safe standing seats, Bottom Tier of Williams would again only be around 1, 000 standing seats as the Boxes would take up room, and the EE you could have bottom tier Safe standing, with the option of safe standing in the top tier, that would be around 5,000 safe standing seats, Spread out around the ground so people can chose, also the option would be there for away fans as well. The corners will be all seated

If you want to stand at the back, You go in Dolman

If you want to stand at the front, You go in Williams

Behind goal, You go in the eastend

That will leave 20,000 seats (2,000 for away fans)

When I say safe standing seats I mean the seats in the barriers

Safe standing won't be in any upper part, it will always be lower and as others said it'll only be in the east end if anywhere

Safe standing in the upper parts makes sense, stops people running on to the pitch when celebrating. I've seen this arrangement in Europe.

Also if people who sit down will be at the top people standing up will be in the way surely?!?!

And Secondly, Would you prefer Safe Standing spread out around the stadium or In one stand?

If we have a say I would like to spread the safe standing out, I like a side view but want to stand so the safe standing in the Dolman and Williams would be perfect

Also if people who sit down will be at the top people standing up will be in the way surely?!?!

And Secondly, Would you prefer Safe Standing spread out around the stadium or In one stand?

If we have a say I would like to spread the safe standing out, I like a side view but want to stand so the safe standing in the Dolman and Williams would be perfect

The old williams had a perfect combination of standing and seating. The enclosure (terrace) at the front went right along the width of the pitch. When the Gate wasn't that full you could move ends along the enclosure to be nearer the goal City were facing.

I doubt we'll see that come back - too much money to be milked from rich fans wanting to be sat in the middle.

The wish for safe standing in all parts of the ground is understandable but, I fear, slightly unrealistic. IF we get it atall, it will be a small area in the new stadium / rebuilt AG probably behind one goal.

Unfortunately, the terrace days in England are long gone an even safe standing can never bring those days back. I have been in the safe standing areas at the WFS and it really isn't as good as you would imagine. The South Tribune is a totally different matter but we, in the UK, aren't allowed to have the like of that anymore.

i really wouldn't get carried away with safe standing as it's just what it says on the label, standing in an allocated space, in an organised and sterile manner.

There so steep because their stadium holds around 80k.

We are going to have 25-30k so the stands wouldn't be able to be steep

That's the weirdest logic I've ever heard.

Large stadiums (above 50k) usually have a lower rake. This is because they are usually two or three tiered all round, meaning the top tier must be steepest to preserve sight lines above the other tiers. Wembley is fairly shallow. Emirates awfully so.

West fallon is fairly unique.

AG could easily be this steep if they wanted it to be. In fact, the small foot print dictates that it must be of a certain steep ness top be able to pack them in.

With regards to safe standing, it can only be used on shallow terracing, so wil not be used in upper sections. I believe they will have to make the new east end a staggered gradient (with it becoming progressively steeper towards the back) if it is to incorporate safe standing at the front.

i love it how everyone calls it the westfalenstadion in some kind of attempt to make it look like stadium sponsorship only exists in england and is due to these vague, evil "foreign owners" which are apparently destroying the game (because great british people like sam hamman always did a great job running clubs, right?)

its called the signal iduna park stadium

Yeah now that its a stadium! Really want to visit before they move in to their new mestella stadium (if they ever do - been half built now for years).

Spain like their steep stands. Bernabeu being another example. I remember watching a game in the upper tier at seville's ramon pichuan http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram%C3%B3n_S%C3%A1nchez_Pizju%C3%A1n_Stadium and although from the picture it doesn't look steep, at the time I remember being overly preoccupied during the game with a fear that I was actually going to fall out of the thing!

i love it how everyone calls it the westfalenstadion in some kind of attempt to make it look like stadium sponsorship only exists in england and is due to these vague, evil "foreign owners" which are apparently destroying the game (because great british people like sam hamman always did a great job running clubs, right?)

In all honesty, I call it the WFS and not Signal Iduna Park BvB because our German, BvB supporting friends, despise the name Signal Iduna park and still call it the WFS just as we would still use the term Ashton Gate should our place ever carry a corporate name.

...or it might just easier for people.

E.g. the Hamburger SV's stadium name has changed four or five times since it has been built. It easier for people to call it "Volksparkstadion" instead of starting to think weather it currently is the "AOL Arena" or the "HSH Nordbank Arena"...

Archived