IGNORED

Ashton Gate-Westfalenstadion

MrVinta8

Yeah now that its a stadium! Really want to visit before they move in to their new mestella stadium (if they ever do - been half built now for years).

Spain like their steep stands. Bernabeu being another example. I remember watching a game in the upper tier at seville's ramon pichuan http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram%C3%B3n_S%C3%A1nchez_Pizju%C3%A1n_Stadium and although from the picture it doesn't look steep, at the time I remember being overly preoccupied during the game with a fear that I was actually going to fall out of the thing!

Took the family to Madrid a few years back for a City break.

Coincided with Real Madrid playing at home to Wislow Krakow (?) in a Champions League Qualifier. They'd already won the away leg 0-3 (I think).

We bought tickets and sat two rows from the back of the very top tier (Tier 5 I think) Michael Owen made his home debut, and David Beckham featured.

Three lasting memories

1) The size, steepness plus the sheer size and scale of the Bernabeu and Real Madrid

2) The crunching noise of Nut shells underfoot as we exited.

3) And most importantly, Watching probably the most famous side in World Football counts for nothing.

The Heart doesn't thump,

The Hair doesn't stand on end,

There is no elation when a goal is scored,

There is no involuntary foot movements as you try to keep the ball in play,

No. Home is where the heart is... and should be.

South Bristol.

My, Our Bristol City Football Club.

2) The crunching noise of Nut shells underfoot as we exited.

:laugh:. Yep, remember that too, monkey nuts I think they were.. In fact, that, along with the steep stands, is one thing they actually do better over there - a habit I brought back to english football & ashton gate - I munch a bag of nuts or bombay mix during the match. It's good for nerves and tastier than chewing gum!

Archived