IGNORED

So - Do We Have A Chance?

SecretSam

...of staying up? The lads' performances under SO'D have been much better and we're a) winning and b) keeping clean sheets, but is it too late?

We've only won two of our last seven games. That's not good enough to keep us up. People are talking about needing to win five or six from ten. That's a big improvement in terms of results.

Regardless of how many actuaries analyse the data and predict how many points we must get....

Fact is, we are only 3 points adrift and we still have teams around us to play. SOD has given us an unbeaten home record and 4 clean sheets.

All we have to do is keep playing the way we are, hope other results go our way and if we cab get a win on a match day where our rivals can't and then continue to better our rivals, we will stay up.

Boro' on paper is the hardest game left and they are not in the best of form. A few mid table teams with nothing to play for and some 6 pointers and we'll be mathmatically safe with 2 games to spare....

We've only won two of our last seven games. That's not good enough to keep us up. People are talking about needing to win five or six from ten. That's a big improvement in terms of results.

There have been some tough games in there mind. Most of the remaining games should be easier.

People are talking about needing to win five or six from ten. That's a big improvement in terms of results.

Darren Fergusson keeps assuring the P'boro' fans "5 more wins and we'll achieve the safety mark".

If City also achieve these five wins, who's going to suffer appalling results and replace us in the bottom three?

When O'Driscoll got the job I felt we needed to get 30 points in 20 games, so far we have 14 from 10 and with an easier next ten in my opinion.

With the form of the teams above us you could say 52 won't be enough, but I struggle to believe that the form of the teams near the bottom will continue and they all have more difficult run ins than us I would say.

I think the next 3 games are vital. We need a minium of 4pts to take us to 40 with 7 games left to have any chance in my opinion. 5 or 6 points would be brilliant, but with our awful away form I cant see it happening.

It would still take a lot to do in the remaining games, but with the games looking easier on paper who knows. If we show the bottle like we did last season in the games at home to Coventry and away to Forest then we might just scrape through.

I was sure we were down a couple of months back, at least if we go down we will now go down fighting. I am optimistic long term over OD!, something I wasnt under DM.

...of staying up? The lads' performances under SO'D have been much better and we're a) winning and b) keeping clean sheets, but is it too late?

i am devastated to say this and i expect to be pillared for it, but i see a maximum of 53 points fo the reds, and unfortunately this year that will not be enough... that's 17 points and just one defeat in their last 10 games at Hull.

.my eyes are on Wolves for obvious reasons, however i have upgraded their total after last night, they will finish with a minimum of 52 i feel and that's being a little cautious.

Peterboro a minimum of 50 points, but here is the killer

Barnsley will finish on 55

that leaves City relegated in 22nd, a gallant effort, but just too much too little too late

please i hope i am wrong so disagree with me as much as you want.

look at the fixtures of the other 3 teams and see what you come up with, i have tried every positive permutation i can

of course one can say 10 games is 30 points, but we have to be realistic, i have given us a 1.7 pts per game average to finish and thats on a season average of 36 played 36 points to date, don't need a computer for that one

PS i have Sheffield wed on at least 57 points and clear who have i missed... i simply cant find 3 teams on less than 53 points

You can't look at form in isolation without considering the opposition.

We've won 4 of our last 10 games and after Saturday we only have to play one more top 8 side. The majority of our games are against teams around us or who will be secure in mid table and looking toward their summer holidays.

Wolves still have to play 4 top 8 sides in their remaining games, Peterborough 5, and Barnsley have to play 7 out of their 11 games against the top 8.

I know it looks grim at the moment with all the other teams around us winning but we've been playing better teams than them. It's reasonable to expect our form to improve over the final 10 games whilst Peterborough and Barnsley in particular will have their work cut out.

Wolves still have to play 4 top 8 sides in their remaining games, Peterborough 5, and Barnsley have to play 7 out of their 11 games against the top 8.

Have used the predictor and everytime it's been the last few games that have saved us as I cannot see Boro and Barnsley getting much luck playing against all the playoff/promotion teams that they need to face, as opposed to the teams we need to win points off who's seasons are in effect over with mid table finishes.... knowing your finishing midtable, how much are you willing to scrap against a team fighting for survival ?

Archived