IGNORED

How Many Points?

Pearcy

With the season coming to a close with only 10 games to go everybody is on about the magical 50 point mark to stay up. The last 3 seasons have seen teams stay up with 48, 48 and 49 points. How many points do people think we will need to stay up this season? My personal opinion is with the teams around us continuing to win I don't think 50 points will be enough. I reckon 52 or 53 is needed. What's your opinion?

I think 50 will be the survival number, I just did the championship predictor, I had us unbeaten at home for the rest of the season but only beating Huddersfield, and losing a few of our away games. It put us on 45 points and relegated after I jinked it around to be slightly pessimistic with results and we were relegated by 2 points. So providing we beat the teams around us when we play them I think we have a very good chance of survival.

The final day of fixtures is also very interesting and could make for a nerve-racking day:

Birmingham Vs Blackburn

Bolton Vs Blackpool

Brighton Vs Wolves

Burnley Vs Ipswich

Charlton Vs City

Derby Vs Millwall

Huddersfield Vs Barnsley

Sheffield Wed Vs M'Boro

all teams in bold who I believe could still be dragged or are in the relegation battle, its interesting to note how many of them are away as well, could home advantage for Wednesday and Huddersfield come in handy that day?

What did the bottom 6 teams have at this point last year? May be able to judge it better knowing what that was. My guess is that they all had less than what the current bottom 6 have.

After 36 games last season the table stood like this:

19. Millwall 37 pts

20. Nottm Forest 35 pts

21. Bristol City 34pts

22. Doncaster 31pts

23. Coventry 30pts

24. Portsmouth 26pts

So yes it looks like there's going to be a much higher points tally this season!

Table's from statto.com not sure how to link it on my phone.

I think 51ish should do it.

When everyone talks of the bottom of the table having more points than last season I think they forget that these points were taken off other teams.

Currently over half the division is on 50 points or less (the teams just outside of the pray offs are on 54). Thats a lot of teams who could get dragged into it with a loss of form or an injury crisis- This is after all the championship!!

I realise I'm thinking in ridiculously positive mode. But I've got to keep the faith or whats the point!

COYR!!!!!

It was only Portsmouth who were deducted points and even if they weren't they would still me more points on the table then last season by at least 5 points per team. And yes half the division has less then 50 points but around 8 or them only need 2 or 3 wins to achieve that mark. Which realistically leaves around 6 to 8 teams to fight for relegation. I like your optimism though.

It really is unreal this season. I mean, the championship is notoriously tight, but this year it's plain crazy. I apologise for sounding like a broken record, but the points tallies this year are way out of normal kilter.

The bottom club at this stage are usually cut adrift, and the two propping up the surviving pack have less points than games played.

It is natural for the division to compact a little towards the end as the bottom fight for their lives, and the top start to feel the pressure.

I dont think it can carry on though - we can't all live with this pace, not for ten more games. There will be a casualty or two soon. Problem is, we look odds on to be the first despite our improved form. Soon it will become all too demoralising for the players looking at us sat at the bottom of the table after yet another hard fought point or emphatic win.

Sorry, but think we're doomed.

think you could be on the nose with 51....if we can maintain the current belief in the squad-somebody at the bottem will likely implode at some point,so long as we keep doing what were doing we have every chance...

51 plus a better goal difference than the team in 22nd place also with 51

(I've been doing predictor again)

With the season coming to a close with only 10 games to go everybody is on about the magical 50 point mark to stay up. The last 3 seasons have seen teams stay up with 48, 48 and 49 points. How many points do people think we will need to stay up this season? My personal opinion is with the teams around us continuing to win I don't think 50 points will be enough. I reckon 52 or 53 is needed. What's your opinion?

52 i reckon yep.

After 36 games last season the table stood like this:

19. Millwall 37 pts

20. Nottm Forest 35 pts

21. Bristol City 34pts

22. Doncaster 31pts

23. Coventry 30pts

24. Portsmouth 26pts

So yes it looks like there's going to be a much higher points tally this season!

Table's from statto.com not sure how to link it on my phone.

At least we cannot be accused of being inconsistent; nice to see though that we are slightly better off this time around; always like to accentuate the positives ;)

the big worry comes from looking at the form guide, although a good run we have gained very little on the teams around us over the last 6 games. but to make matters worse the teams that have the worse form are the ones probable nearly safe

http://www.footballformguide.net/form/npower-championship

The likes of Blackburn, Millwall, Derby are the oneswe need taking points off our rivals

Archived