IGNORED

How Many Points?

Pearcy

the big worry comes from looking at the form guide, although a good run we have gained very little on the teams around us over the last 6 games. but to make matters worse the teams that have the worse form are the ones probable nearly safe

http://www.footballformguide.net/form/npower-championship

The likes of Blackburn, Millwall, Derby are the oneswe need taking points off our rivals

I have not but check the table 6 games ago and I bet you will see we were more adrift of 21st than we are now; that is ALL that matters.

Add in the fact that with Posh, Tykes and us picking up a lot of points, the three teams currently sitting in the bottom 3, we have together helped to drag so many more teams into trouble. Makes for a very exciting end to the season and any team from about 44 pts down should be concerned.

p.s. In case of misunderstanding I would of course trade the obscurity of mid table mediocrity with our current end of season 'excitement'.

53 points is the benchmark for me this season! Teams at the bottom are continuing to win regularly. I also think teams like Milwall and Charlton could find themselves in the relegation battle come the last few games, and there already on 44!!

Every faith that City can stay up, we just have to play to our potential consistently. This appears to be happening lately!

COYR

6 Wins from the last 10 games - Really ???

City have only won 10 games all season in the league in 36 games yet people on the forum genuinely believe we can muster up 6 wins from 10....mad !!!

Looking at the fixtures 4 wins at best I think they can achieve, and that doesn't give us nothing like safety

Sorry guys just being realistic

6 Wins from the last 10 games - Really ???

City have only won 10 games all season in the league in 36 games yet people on the forum genuinely believe we can muster up 6 wins from 10....mad !!!

Looking at the fixtures 4 wins at best I think they can achieve, and that doesn't give us nothing like safety

Sorry guys just being realistic

You could have used a similar argument talking about Barnsley before Flitcroft took over, but they then won 9 out of their next 11 games ( or something similar) after his appointment, so it is not completely ridiculous to suggest we coulod not do much the same between now and the end of the season.

The results that teams near the bottom seem to be pulling out every week, show that in this division nothing is certain at the top or the bottom of the table. Now that SOD seems to have got our players playing as a team, and with a defence that is now able to defend, we have half a chance - even though I still think we will run out of games this time around.

You could have used a similar argument talking about Barnsley before Flitcroft took over, but they then won 9 out of their next 11 games ( or something similar) after his appointment, so it is not completely ridiculous to suggest we coulod not do much the same between now and the end of the season.

The results that teams near the bottom seem to be pulling out every week, show that in this division nothing is certain at the top or the bottom of the table. Now that SOD seems to have got our players playing as a team, and with a defence that is now able to defend, we have half a chance - even though I still think we will run out of games this time around.

Your right its not over until mathmatically impossible, but the teams we have coming up, certain ones are fighting for there survival also, and yes The Gate has become somewhat a fortress the last 6 games, but we have 4 nasty away games and potentially major scraps at home, like you I think this time around its too tough.

We will only know what's enough when the final whistle goes at charlton. I hope 54 points will be enough, but the way other teams are playing, I don't think it will be. This season will be the closest we've seen for a while. I have a feeling these last few months will be long!!

After 36 games last season the table stood like this:

19. Millwall 37 pts

20. Nottm Forest 35 pts

21. Bristol City 34pts

22. Doncaster 31pts

23. Coventry 30pts

24. Portsmouth 26pts

So yes it looks like there's going to be a much higher points tally this season!

Table's from statto.com not sure how to link it on my phone.

Look a bit further up this table and you will see that Barnsley were in 17th place with 43 points at this stage last season.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2011-2012/table/2012-03-13

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2011-2012/table

Don't rule out the likes of Millwall (who have lost 7 of their last 8 games) being dragged back into it.....

I think City need to get to 50 and pray it's enough. I can't see us getting anymore than that. We have 10 games left and to get 50 we would have to win 4, draw 2 and lose 4. Under SOD that is our form. So 50 points if we continue our current form is the mark.

Like I said pray it's enough.

I'd agree with that CR. Really can't see us getting past 50 points. In that scenario, we need to ensure that as many of the points we gain a possible are taken directly from our rivals. I get the feeling it won't quite be enough, but we can hope.

Like wise with crapdiff situation - much as I like the choke thing, first and foremost I am a Bcfc supporter, not a Ccfc hater. we HAVE to support cardiff when they play the teams around us. If we had a plain choice of city down or cardiff up, theres only one option. So lets not even entertain the thought!

Archived