IGNORED

Sean O'Driscoll Programme Notes

David Brent

I think it might just be the most intelligent piece written by a football manager that I have ever read.

I always buy a programme, even though I know I can find most of that info on the net. Call me old fashioned, but it does help support the club.

It's not just his programme notes for the Brighton game this week. Ever since he joined us, they have been deeply thoughtful, insightful and intelligent. This guy does not do the usual "manager speak" at all.

Together with the transformation in our playing style and organisation that SOD has brought in, I do believe we finally have a manager (sorry - Head Coach) who is going to be with us for a very long time and who knows where he may take us ? First stop, avoiding relegation this season of course.

Just one tiny criticism. I assume that "warm down" (or post match briefing or whatever it is called) on the pitch after games is part of his philosophy but I do miss applauding the players off the pitch - that is if they have deserved it, as has been the case for every home game since he came in.

I always buy a programme, even though I know I can find most of that info on the net. Call me old fashioned, but it does help support the club.

It's not just his programme notes for the Brighton game this week. Ever since he joined us, they have been deeply thoughtful, insightful and intelligent. This guy does not do the usual "manager speak" at all.

Together with the transformation in our playing style and organisation that SOD has brought in, I do believe we finally have a manager (sorry - Head Coach) who is going to be with us for a very long time and who knows where he may take us ? First stop, avoiding relegation this season of course.

Just one tiny criticism. I assume that "warm down" (or post match briefing or whatever it is called) on the pitch after games is part of his philosophy but I do miss applauding the players off the pitch - that is if they have deserved it, as has been the case for every home game since he came in.

I agree, it's all a bit flat at the end, maybe the fans should stick around until the warm down finishes !

Read the notes from the Forest programme. A very insightful message to the fans. He explains why our players are not closing down the opposition. It's worked against Watford and Brighton, 2 of the best footballing sides in the division. If all fans would read this then there would be less abuse aimed at the players from the fans who are angry because we are not closing them down.

Read the notes from the Forest programme. A very insightful message to the fans. He explains why our players are not closing down the opposition. It's worked against Watford and Brighton, 2 of the best footballing sides in the division. If all fans would read this then there would be less abuse aimed at the players from the fans who are angry because we are not closing them down.

There were some in the Dolman last night who clearly haven't read them then.

Brilliant. Intelligent, insightful, incisive and interesting. The man talks absolute sense and backs up his beliefs with evidence. There are too few people who talk sense in football. Most let their heart rule their head and make decisions based on emotions rather than reason or fact.

He is the antidote to this, and he is also a very good writer.

Brilliant. Intelligent, insightful, incisive and interesting. The man talks absolute sense and backs up his beliefs with evidence. There are too few people who talk sense in football. Most let their heart rule their head and make decisions based on emotions rather than reason or fact.

He is the antidote to this, and he is also a very good writer.

Great read. What's really refreshing is that we as supporters seem to be buying into his philosophy (and obviously the players do too). Results at home have helped, but the threads last night were all extremely positive about the performance without hardly any despair about the fact we did not get the win and so went bottom. We do seem to be all pulling in the same direction again which is great.

Great read. What's really refreshing is that we as supporters seem to be buying into his philosophy (and obviously the players do too). Results at home have helped, but the threads last night were all extremely positive about the performance without hardly any despair about the fact we did not get the win and so went bottom. We do seem to be all pulling in the same direction again which is great.

Spot On. All successful organisations take their lead and direction from the person (oops, nearly said man) at the top.

In a company it's the Chief Exec (CEO) and actually I think Jon L is doing a fine job for us, but we all know football is a bit different.

I mean, could you name the CEO of Man Utd ? Actually I could and he stepped down very recently but of course we all know the real boss of what matters to the fans at Man U is the amazing Fergie.

So as Red Army suggests, if we are all pulling together under SOD's inspired and intelligent leadership, there is very good cause for optimism.

Archived