IGNORED

Our Fullbacks

dezgimed

Bit of a random topic, but is anyone else amazed at how quality our right/left pack pair is?!

We should sign both Maloney and Cunningham on the longest contracts possible.

Absolute class. Can't believe how seemingly easy we just got them both.

Moloney was obvious why he moved, and I admit I was stunned when I saw we signed Cunningham as I was sure he would go to a championship club fighting for promotion if he were to drop to this division. Both are young and exciting to watch who do a brilliant job, hopefully no relegation release clauses incase the worst happens, and hopefully they will both be at the club for many seasons to come.

For me they are the reason our centre backs (whoever they are) have improved remarkably.

Both full backs offer more support and defensive cover to both Nyatanga and Fontaine. They also both get forward very well and add a different dimension to entire team.

They have made a huge difference.

When Greg got injured at Peterborough it was the beginning of the end for McInnes - such a class player. Having two good FBs makes one hell of a difference both on the CBs and the midfield. Because they can attack and have some ability themselves it means we can play a much more solid midfield, with maybe only one winger as we don't have topexpect them to create everything.

Archived