IGNORED

Lewis Hall And Jack Batten Sign

I find it interesting that we are hearing more this season on the young players signing for the club.

Assume that this is not something new in them signing, just we are being made more aware of this fact?

No not at all, we are signing more

last year we did not sign any of the U18s scholars... not one

i know all these boys and they have all given up their childhoods just to get to this point.so its a bit of a reward when outsiders want to be associated with young professionals.

Exactly the point that i was going to make whilst reading through this thread.

During my mid-late teens I played a bit of Sunday football, but predominantly spent my time drinking, on the pull and having a laugh at school/work.

These lads have to pretty much forego these things and show an immense level of ambition, commitment, discipline, not to mention talent.

Of course many lose sight of this and fall by the wayside - I think that those who make it deserve the rewards for their efforts (although totally disagree at the obsurd levels of the rewards available at the top levels of the game!)

I remember the days when most of the Bristol schoolboys team used to sign for the City. With quit a number of them making the first team in latter years. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a full team of Bristolians. Yes in my dreams.

Do they still have a Bristol Schoolboys team?

Wes Burns was tweeting pictures of his nice brand new BMW the other day. Amazing that he can afford it despite not starting a game yet.

What are you talking about?... Piece of crap metal made in South Africa and on a lease for about £185 a month.

I'd rather have a decent British made Bike.

What are you talking about?... Piece of crap metal made in South Africa and on a lease for about £185 a month.

I'd rather have a decent British made Bike.

Get one built in Bristol - just need a long leather trench coat, and goggles

5170069172_d13dc89a703.jpg

On the subject of footballers' cars, the Forest Green squad have just been issued with electric cars: http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/news/first-team-news/2013/rovers-recruit-new-electric-triallists

It's a really positive move and makes a refreshing change from the usual footballer cars (obviously being non-league they'd be more modest anyway.) I really hope the trial works for them.

played football with both of these lads quite a few times for our local team as i live in the same area and there both certainly great prospects they was always a class above when playing with the same age group (or a few above in Jack's case) i always remember that Lewis Hall had really quick feet and is an amazing dribbler of the ball

Know both Wes and Jack.

Surprised Jack has made it really, never particularly stood out in local games or for the school teams.

Wes' dad actually owns a couple of companies, fair to say has a few bob and he bought Wes the BMW.

Both nice enough, hard working kids.

Archived