Stead Baldock

Gerken

Bates

Carey

Pearson

Albert

Howard

Davies

Stead and Davies are very similar players who come deep to get the ball, I started stead as he gives more effort and hassles there defence, leaving davies to come on when Stead can't run anymore

The back 4 will remain unchanged for sure. Skuse and Elliot will both start as will Anderson and Kelly.The only question is whether S'oD will go back to two up top.

Boro aren't as strong in midfield as Brighton so I reckon he'll play Stead and Davies who looked to have formed an understanding of each others game.

Heaton.

Cunningham, Fontaine, Nyatanga, Moloney.

Anderson, Skuse, Elliot, Kelly.

Stead, Davies.

I would love to see us 4-4-2 today as I think we can get a good result. I do think we will play the same team as recent games, however wouldn't mind seeing;

----------------------------------------Heaton----------------------------------------

---Moloney---------Fontaine----------------Nyatanga--------Cunningham---

---Adomah/Anderson------Kelly----------Skuse------Adomah/Anderson---

----------------------Baldock----------------Stead---------------------------------

HOWEVER - Like I said, I think we will be seeing the same team as of late as it has been working well.

I would love to see us 4-4-2 today as I think we can get a good result. I do think we will play the same team as recent games, however wouldn't mind seeing;

----------------------------------------Heaton----------------------------------------

---Moloney---------Fontaine----------------Nyatanga--------Cunningham---

---Adomah/Anderson------Kelly----------Skuse------Adomah/Anderson---

----------------------Baldock----------------Stead---------------------------------

HOWEVER - Like I said, I think we will be seeing the same team as of late as it has been working well.

You'd drop Marvin??

C'mon Tom. Skuse will start. He is City's 'most creative midfielder' after all. It'll be Pearson who steps down.

He may or may not. He's not an automatic first choice any more, or indispensable by any means as City's displays without him showed. Almost everyone agrees Kelly and Elliott were more impressive against Brighton.

Pearson has been providing excellent crosses recently leading directly to goals so shouldn't be dismissed from the team lightly.

If City go 2 up front there must be a good chance Skuse will be the one to be benched, the excellent consistent form of both Kelly and Marvin making them key players who are very unlikely to be rested unless carrying an injury.

He may or may not. He's not an automatic first choice any more, or indispensable by any means as City's displays without him showed. Almost everyone agrees Kelly and Elliott were more impressive against Brighton.

Pearson has been providing excellent crosses recently leading directly to goals so shouldn't be dismissed from the team lightly.

If City go 2 up front there must be a good chance Skuse will be the one to be benched, the excellent consistent form of both Kelly and Marvin making them key players who are very unlikely to be rested unless carrying an injury.

If fit Skuse will start.

I think it will be

.........................................Heaton...........................................

Maloney..........Nyatanga...............Fontaine........Cunningham

Kelly................Skuse....................Elliot...............Anderson

..............................Stead...............Davies/Baldock.................

Emphasis on shape again with Kelly on the right. Adomah to come on around 75mins.

We've seen that So'D doesn't like to swap the team around unless forced to by injury or suspension. He made one tactical change on Tuesday ( Skuse for Davies) and I'm sure he'll make only one tactical change today. Pearson for Davies.

Unlike McInnes its fairly easy to predict what side O'Driscoll will select.

We've seen that So'D doesn't like to swap the team around unless forced to by injury or suspension. He made one tactical change on Tuesday ( Skuse for Davies) and I'm sure he'll make only one tactical change today. Pearson for Davies.

Unlike McInnes its fairly easy to predict what side O'Driscoll will select.

I have to disagree with that, With McInnes you put are 11 worst players at the time into a tombola and hope you get the positions right!

In a 3 we can afford to have either Kilkenny or Howard.....which provides more creativity with the ball on the floor for Baldock.

Dropping his Captain, who's in storming, inspirational form would be an extraordinary aberration from SO'D.

There's no necessity to include Baldock.

Dropping his Captain, who's in storming, inspirational form would be an extraordinary aberration from SO'D.

There's no necessity to include Baldock.

I agree about Baldock and as I believe we can only get one of him or Davies in the team, for me it would be Davies every time.

I love Marv and he has been excellent recently, but I wouldn't be suprised if he needs a rest after two all action performances in a week on heavy pitches. (Not that I'm suggesting our pitch is close to as bad as Blackpool's!)

C'mon Tom. Skuse will start. He is City's 'most creative midfielder' after all. It'll be Pearson who steps down.

More that he's only just returned from injury and maybe two games in a week is a tough ask. He seems the more logical one for me..

I have to disagree with that, With McInnes you put are 11 worst players at the time into a tombola and hope you get the positions right!

Indeed. Trouble is McInness tombola set didn't include a #16 ball. It did however have 15 #4 balls.

I agree about Baldock and as I believe we can only get one of him or Davies in the team, for me it would be Davies every time.

I love Marv and he has been excellent recently, but I wouldn't be suprised if he needs a rest after two all action performances in a week on heavy pitches. (Not that I'm suggesting our pitch is close to as bad as Blackpool's!)

Fair point, but surprisingly it seems to me Marv. is getting stronger the more he plays.There seems no sign of him either needing or wanting a breather. He's playing at a level recently I thought we'd never see again and I'm sure SO'D would only take such an influential player out of the firing line if he thought it absolutely necessary.

I'd certainly play Davies ahead of Baldock, a dynamic player who's just as likely to score, and more to his all round game.

Archived