IGNORED

City V Boro Best Match Thread Ever

beijing red

Could well be brought back down to earth today, I will keep positive but I want to be realistic. 2-1 Middlesbrough. Hoping for a win and results around us go our way but given the last few weeks, it hasn't gone that way. If we do play two up front we may stand a chance of victory however

I just hope that other bloke who puts up The matchday thread, not the Official One I hasten to add ;) , does not do so; as far as I am concerned anyone who braves a sandstorm in the god forsaken north deserves a bit of slack. :mafia: This is THE MATCHDAY thread for today BEIJINGER.. as far as I am concerned.

This match, I feel, is a very tough one to call; oh my how could I possibly dare to state the obvious. But in all Carey fairness it seems to me that Boro will be out to break their away day blues and we can only hope that our latest Garrfer can 'curtail that enthusiasm' because if ever we truly required maximum points more after 36 games in this century I would like to know when it was... oh, ok, excluding last year!!

I have a nasty feeling we will only obtain our third draw on the bounce. 2-2.

I think we have to go for it a little bit more today and I am sure we will. Carey on the bench would be a nice bonus.

Here is the Team News...

I have pleasure in announcing that there is no 'Team News'. That is the 'Team News'. Tune back in when you feel like it for more up to date 'Team News'.

I am predicting that the Team News will, however, include confirmation that Louis Carey will be on the bench. Discuss.

For those bored here's a starter for 10 joke..

A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver says: “That's the ugliest baby that I've ever seen. Ugh!” The woman goes to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her: “The driver just insulted me!

The man says: “You go right up there and tell him off – go ahead, I'll hold your monkey for you.”

Well.. its not bad is it?

I think today is the most important game yet, for me anything other than a win today puts us in a very uphill struggle and would be a major dent in survival! That said:

Bristol City 2-1 Middlesbrough (some bum puckering toward the end)

Peterbourough 3-1 Ipswich

Nottingham Forest 2-0 Wolves

Leicester 1-0 Sheffield Weds

are my predictions which would leave the table looking like so:

Team          GP  PTS  GD

Ipswich       37  42  -22
Sheff Wed     36  40  -11
Peterborough  36  40   -8
Wolves        37  39  -10
Bristol City  37  39  -13
Barnsley      35  38  -13

For those bored here's a starter for 10 joke..

A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver says: That's the ugliest baby that I've ever seen. Ugh! The woman goes to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her: The driver just insulted me!

The man says: You go right up there and tell him off go ahead, I'll hold your monkey for you.

Well.. its not bad is it?

That joke's been around since...

Well, since Andrew Lloyd Webber was a kid.

Here is the Team News...

I have pleasure in announcing that there is no 'Team News'. That is the 'Team News'. Tune back in when you feel like it for more up to date 'Team News'.

I am predicting that the Team News will, however, include confirmation that Louis Carey will be on the bench. Discuss.

Good non team news update Havana - but although recovered I'm not sure LC is deemed match fit.

Hopefully there are no injuries to the recently extremely solid Fontaine and Nyatanga and neither he. nor Bates will be needed though.

Been suffering from man flu so having to miss this one today, absolutely gutted. I can see today being like the Blackburn home game, a few goals but unfortunately no points at the end of it.

3 2 Boro would be my prediction

Sounds like man flu induced pessimism to me ;)

Good non team news update Havana - but although recovered I'm not sure LC is deemed match fit.

Hopefully there are no injuries to the recently extremely solid Fontaine and Nyatanga and neither he. nor Bates will be needed though.

Yes and i needed to start from a blank canvass to write that up. Not easy. Thanks.

Agree on your comments.

Interesting one...

Who would we rather win today? Ipswich or Peterborough? Drag Ipswich into the battle or give Peterborough more hope of getting out? Draw?

If they draw and we win, we would be 4 points away from Ipswich, and 1 point ahead of Peterborough.

Perfect outcome,

Derby beat Birmingham

We beat 'Boro

Leicester beat Sheff Wed

Forest beat Wolves

Peterborough draw with Ipswich

Watford beat Blackpool

Archived