IGNORED

Marvin Elliott

NickJ

What a man.

Awesome today, ran his socks off, chased back and tackled like a demon. Don't underestimate his importance to todays result.

Proved a lot of people wrong, me included, Marv's not finished.

I'd love it if people just agreed with this, unfortunately many will come on and say yes but....

.... we all know the yes buts, leave it out, just leave it at that, give the guy the credit he deserves.

Yes he was inspirational today with everyone else not far behind, his Captaincy record must be pretty good.

I've always supported Marv, hope he stays with us and goes on to be a true City legend.

Thanks to 2008 for sending their version of Marvin back. Every bit the captain and owner of the pitch. Unthinkable a few months back, looked like 30 going on prematurely arthritic 38, suddenly athletic, consistent, involved, organised etc. Running things again.

marv-this-is-my-pitch_design.png

Thanks to 2008 for sending their version of Marvin back. Every bit the captain and owner of the pitch. Unthinkable a few months back, looked like 30 going on prematurely arthritic 38, suddenly athletic, consistent, involved, organised etc. Running things again.

marv-this-is-my-pitch_design.png

What a man.

Awesome today, ran his socks off, chased back and tackled like a demon. Don't underestimate his importance to todays result.

I'd love it if people just agreed with this, unfortunately many will come on and say yes but....

.... we all know the yes buts, leave it out, just leave it at that, give the guy the credit he deserves.

Exactly this.

He has seriously proved me wrong. I thought he was finished. Mind you I thought that about the likes of Fonts, Tango etc.

He was absolutely awesome against Boro. It's not just yesterday though he was decent against Brighton, and at palace I thought he was one of our better performers. Fingers crossed he keeps it up!

He hounded players like a man possessed yesterday, gave it simple and his power and serial prowess is a real asset to us in our current predicament.

Exactly this.

He has seriously proved me wrong. I thought he was finished. Mind you I thought that about the likes of Fonts, Tango etc.

He was absolutely awesome against Boro. It's not just yesterday though he was decent against Brighton, and at palace I thought he was one of our better performers. Fingers crossed he keeps it up!

He hounded players like a man possessed yesterday, gave it simple and his power and serial prowess is a real asset to us in our current predicament.

I like Nyatanga because he wins alot of headers and reads the game fairly well but only down side to him is when the ball is at his feet. Elliot is just a boss, him and Kelly seem to have struck up a real ball winning force in the middle which has a big say in why our defence has been amazing of late.

I like Nyatanga because he wins alot of headers and reads the game fairly well but only down side to him is when the ball is at his feet. Elliot is just a boss, him and Kelly seem to have struck up a real ball winning force in the middle which has a big say in why our defence has been amazing of late.

Yeah Marv and Kelly have been class together mate. As a fan that's all we can ask is that the commitment is there. We all know the quality is lacking.

As for Tango I have always been unsure on him, as you say on the ball he has always been lacking. I have to say though under SoD he even looks good on the ball! Such a huge difference having a manager that knows exactly what he is doing.

Him and Fonts look solid, both actually want the ball and bring it out from the back more rather than just lump it aimlessly all the time. Tango got himself in a tight situation against Brighton and just pulled out a cruyff turn! Great to see the confidence in everyone baring through!

Yeah Marv and Kelly have been class together mate. As a fan that's all we can ask is that the commitment is there. We all know the quality is lacking.

As for Tango I have always been unsure on him, as you say on the ball he has always been lacking. I have to say though under SoD he even looks good on the ball! Such a huge difference having a manager that knows exactly what he is doing.

Him and Fonts look solid, both actually want the ball and bring it out from the back more rather than just lump it aimlessly all the time. Tango got himself in a tight situation against Brighton and just pulled out a cruyff turn! Great to see the confidence in everyone baring through!

I think we have genuine good quality in Elliot and Kelly though

What a man.

Oh. So no-one is allowed to debate what you've posted. :facepalm:

I happen to agree with the first part of this thread. Marv has significantly improved his performances under O'Driscoll, not just yesterday but against Brighton he was excellent. He's made himself almost undroppable.

Never thought the old Marv had gone to be honest. The guy just needed time to get fully fit after a couple of years of nasty injuries. Nice to see he looks to have overcome them.

We all know he lacks finesse and passing ability, but for me he will always be the first name on the team sheet. Even when looking poor and lethargic, you know he is giving his all, as much as his body is willing to give. Every team needs a player willing to run through a brick wall for you.

As I have said before, we could dream of a day when our team is too good for Marvin Elliott but I am not sure it is a dream that I want.

The heart of a lion in a truly good man is a recipe for greatness and legendary status - roll on another 250 games!

How he could ever be anything less than a fans' favourite will always be a mystery to me

Not just having a manager that knows what he is doing, but also having a manager that makes sure that the players know what they are doing.

Agreed.

I genuinely believe it isn't the 'new manager comes in players play well again' thing this time. Whether we stay up or not is another matter but it is clear for everyone to see we are very organised under SoD and that all the players know exactly what he wants from then.

Never thought the old Marv had gone to be honest. The guy just needed time to get fully fit after a couple of years of nasty injuries. Nice to see he looks to have overcome them.

We all know he lacks finesse and passing ability, but for me he will always be the first name on the team sheet. Even when looking poor and lethargic, you know he is giving his all, as much as his body is willing to give. Every team needs a player willing to run through a brick wall for you.

This sums it up pretty well TRL.

He will be extremely important to us from now until the end of the season. We all want a Tinnion type player to get on the ball, keep possesion and make things happen but we need to be realistic in our current plight.

Marv is so important for us right now.

If he could pass the ball, he would have PL clubs sniffing around for sure. But his blood-and-thunder performance was a joy to see yesterday and as has been said, he's undroppable for us at the moment.

Who'd have thought Marv and Kelly would be the solid midfield pairing that we've waited for? The days of teams just walking down the middle of the pitch and taking a pop at goal are long gone.

Archived