IGNORED

Carey And The Appearance Record

North London Red

Which stand??

One of the new ones at Ashton Vale of course :whistle:

Speaking of stands, often wondered how Des Williams had the Grandstand named after him, I know he was chairman for ages and probably did a fantastic job and was a great bloke but probably not in the same legends league as Harry Dolman, John Atyeo or Billy Wedlock.

A month ago people were saying LC is still our best centre back!

He is still good enough for the Championship and he's proved that when he's played this season.

Some on here have there own agenda,one in particular who has commented further up this page,has always had a real dislike for LC and can't wait to get him out if the club.

He's proved he's still good enough when he's played,good enough for me,an extra year will be fine imo.

Big John is as much a one man club as Carey i. e. A two man club. He may have played less games for his 1st club than Carey did for Cov, but none the less he still played games for Portsmouth

There are 2 huge differences here MR Pedantic, Big John never left us and i'm sure you will find his 2 appearances for Portsmouth were as an amateur, so money wasn't an issue?

There are 2 huge differences here MR Pedantic, Big John never left us and i'm sure you will find his 2 appearances for Portsmouth were as an amateur, so money wasn't an issue?

He is not and never will be a one club man. To say he was is just wrong. No point about ifs buts and maybes. JA and LC are not one club men. Money, amateur status has nowt to do with that fact.

I could argure louis is a Bristol lad, where atyeo is not, so more kudos to Louis. But I wouldn't as it has no relevance to the facts.

Speaking of stands, often wondered how Des Williams had the Grandstand named after him, I know he was chairman for ages and probably did a fantastic job and was a great bloke but probably not in the same legends league as Harry Dolman, John Atyeo or Billy Wedlock.

Arguably more of a legend than the other 3!!!

Without Des Williams we might not even have a Bristol City to support!!

Archived