IGNORED

Best Goal

tiz

I remember a fk routine where Tinnion flicked the ball up in the air and Beadle thumped it home. That was great.

Also I can't recall who poked it home (maybe Thorpe?) But a goal against the sags when Aaron Brown countered from our box and put in a dream of a cross.

Not sure who againts but a left footed barnard step over followed by a 25 yard right footed curler so sweet it bent right in the top corner.

Another was Ago against the Gas. started just inside their half and ran with so much determination he was.unstoppable. 3 defenders and a nutmegged keeper later I was going nuts!!

Can't think of special goals against. must have blanked them out!!

I remember a fk routine where Tinnion flicked the ball up in the air and Beadle thumped it home. That was great.

Also I can't recall who poked it home (maybe Thorpe?) But a goal against the sags when Aaron Brown countered from our box and put in a dream of a cross.

That was against Cambridge Utd, with Lionel Perez in their goal. One of the best was Super Bob Taylor against Crewe, picked it up just inside their half and ran about 20 yards before smacking it in top corner at the east end, hat trick goal I think but went off injured with a hamstring just after which all but ended his season.

Best away goal, John Bailey away at Crewe, 1-0 win hit it from just inside the touchline about 25 yards out and I swear it swerved 3 times before going in.

Another away cracker was Ralph Milne at York in the thunder and lightning the first season we sneaked into the playoffs.

I think Trundle's goal from the corner of the 18 yard box facing the Atyeo stand,I'm sure he was the only person in the ground that knew what he was going to do.

Chipped it over the keeper and into the opposite corner of the net.

A true worldy goal that was just unreal,not sure who it was against.

Luke Wilkshere on a tuesday night, 40 Yard volley. David Clarkson v Leicester is up there too. Best away goal was a JPT game v MK Dons, some kid scored an absolute insane Bycicle kick

That was against Tranmere if I remember correctly.

That was a beauty, I remember going nuts when that hit the back of the net. Good times!

That was against Tranmere if I remember correctly.

That was a beauty, I remember going nuts when that hit the back of the net. Good times!

Yeap, they came here in great form and were well on top for the first 15 or so then we suddenly won it 4-0!

Someone above mentioned the MK Dons guy scoring an overhead kick in the JPT, amazing goal, we were 2 up already I think and everyone around me was applauding it.

The two goals that stick in my mind are as others have mentioned murray vs oldham, what a run! and wilkshire vs tranmere on a tuesday night, chipped the keeper from just past the centre circle. he was a class above us, and has gone on to have a fantastic career.

i dont remember the exact timescale but does anyone else remember mickey bells brace against cambridge about 10 years ago?

First he scored a blinding free kick from about 25- 30 yards. Then he scored an absoloute screamer from even further out, it was almost a crossing position but ended up in the top corner. There keeper was a fat barsteward but i think peter schmeichel in his prime would have struggled saving the second.

If we are talking away goals I was priviliged to witness Ivan Testimetanus goal against Chesterfield sat in the old wooden stand on a Tuesday night.

As a previous poster mentioned Mickey Bell did score some crackers home and away. Christian Roberts in the famous Mansfield away game takes some beating and Nobes against Palace.

Some have mentioned Trundles goal in the home leg or the long range one at home to Brum but the two early season goals against Scunny were amazing. There was something of an eerie feeling at AG after that. OMG what a player we have here - this guy will deliver the Prem single handed. What a shame it never worked out quite that way.

Can't remember a single good goal against us - all offside. :-)

As someone said it was Cambridge but it was tinnion who smashed in the volley, can't remember who set him up. Beadle certainly didnt have enough quality to do that.

Best goal I've seen at the gate, I'll go for Wilkshire against Tranmere.

Archived