IGNORED

Leroy Rosenior Has A Dig At The Dolman

Daniro

'kin 'ell!

All he said was, "...when I used to play, fans used to stream out 10 minutes before the end. They're not doing it now"

That means he hates us?

Jesus!

Totallyagree wth your take on this. A throwaway comment by a presenter who obviously still has a liking for his old club, suddenly takes on of life of its own on this thread and we get to the stage of people claiming he "hates" us :disapointed2se: . A slight over-reaction in my opinion. Think some people need to get an thicker skin, or just "grow a pair"!

Yeah, but - it's still only 20-30 minutes. It's not like we get 30,000 crowds. I just sit in my car in a mini-jam and listen to 20man for a bit. Surely, that's preferable to potentially missing goals from a game we all pay bloody good money to watch?

The guy next to me left on the 84th minute. With 5 minutes extra time guaranteed, he was giving up 11 minutes of play. Anything might've happened.

I never understand it...

Yes and only a few seconds to score a goal. Madness!

Jesus wept.

I thought I'd better check it out on iPlayer and sure enough what Leroy said about fans leaving early was just a bit of self-deprecating humour. Their summary of our improvement under SO'D was very fairly represented.

This -

He was mocking himself - Saying how SoD must have improved things compared to his playing days as the crowd stayed to watch.... is this a generation thing ? Technology thing ? As seems that lately everyone takes any comment as a slight/dig at them/their family/club/friends -

I sit in the front row of the upper Dolman, and it pisses me off that people leave early. I don't mind if they want to go but when they just stand there if something is happening means I can't see it. I stand up people behind me can't see and get ratty.

Why can't they just leave the sodding gates open allowing people to keep walking?

I pay to watch the game and as Brian Clough once said it only takes a second to score a goal, the Blackburn, Burnley and Leeds game proves a lot happen in the last few minutes just a shame not for us in those games.

Plus it's never taken me 15 minutes to get out?

How many times does this topic have to be covered? People leave early from the Dolman because of the time it takes to get out if you don't.

If you have a bus or train to catch then you have no choice. I go down the front at 88/89 mins every game because I get the Abus back to Bris.

People leave early by choice, some don't want to be stuck in traffic Coronation Road is a nightmare for onething.

Some want to get the abuss home, you miss them, try getting on those silly little 24/25s..

It's nothing Personal against my team, I leave early to beat the rush, and have done for the last Twenty years, its by choice.

I don't know why people get so bothered about what other people do!

If people want to leave because they want avoid the traffic, so what, they've paid their money and they can live their lives however the feel like.

Same apples to people who want to leave early because they need to catch a bus, train, because they want to get back to the pub for a pint, or because they just want to leave early.

Fair play if you want to stay in the ground and clap them while they do they're warm down but it's a free world and people can do whatever they like.

As it is I don't often leave early, only times I leave is if the City have been terrible and are well out of the game and I fancy a pint back in the boozer to make myself feel better!

Think the bloke hates us now after his son got 'bullied'.

He should remember that we paid him handsomely when he played for us, we also gave him an insight into management and gave his son a start in football.

Sort it out Leroy!.

BCAGFC

Strange comments about Leroy after he wrote this in Friday's Post;

'I'm now enjoying watching the highlights of City games while preparing for the Football League Show on Saturday nights. It is nice to look at their results and see performances that lift the spirits. I look forward to them lifting my spirits again when they play Middlesbrough at Ashton Gate on Saturday'.

I may be naive, but it has always appeared to me that Leroy is not only a decent bloke, but one that holds City close to his heart, Even if he can be a bit bland on FLS.

'I'm now enjoying watching the highlights of City games while preparing for the Football League Show on Saturday nights. It is nice to look at their results and see performances that lift the spirits. I look forward to them lifting my spirits again when they play Middlesbrough at Ashton Gate on Saturday'.

I may be naive, but it has always appeared to me that Leroy is not only a decent bloke, but one that holds City close to his heart, Even if he can be a bit bland on FLS.

give me Leroy anytime over that cock claridge

now he is the prince of blandness

btw see Leroy shopping in Tesco nailsea with his kids

got his hands full there

Haven't seen those quotes because I don't buy the ****.

None of the FLS presenters expand on our good performances lately, just a couple of words whereas MacKay, Zola & Hollowhead are praised to the roof.

Leroy always gave 100% when he played for us but was extremely upset with what happened to Liam.

CAGFC

Saw Leroy walking past BS 3 about 2 seasons ago and I asked him what he thought the score would be,he replied that he thought WE would win as in us,our team.

Nice bloke is Leroy. Met him a few times, and he has never had a bad word to say about city. He could easily had a problem with the situation with his son. But he never had a bad word to say.

Maybe he sees certain individuals at the club as being a problem, but not the club as a whole.

Nice bloke is Leroy. Met him a few times, and he has never had a bad word to say about city. He could easily had a problem with the situation with his son. But he never had a bad word to say.

Maybe he sees certain individuals at the club as being a problem, but not the club as a whole.

Is there any one left from his sons days.

I used to sit in the Dolman, and have no problem with people choosing to leave early; but when people have tickets for the front 5 or 6 rows, its annoying as hell to have people wandering past and congregating at the front.

Bear in mind latecomers, people wanting a pie past the 30 minute mark, latecomers from half time, then people leaving on the 80 minute mark - youre lucky if you get to watch 45 mins of unobstructed football! If you wanna leave - leave!

On the Football League Show he says that people "used to leave the ground ten minutes before the end" when he played for us.

Seeing fans streaming out of the Dolman before the final whistle has always been a depressing sight. I hope he's right that SOD has put a stop to it but in my experience they do it if we're playing well or not.

Hardly a dig, mentioned it in jest. **** me!

I'm baffled by some of the posts on this thread; as was clear to anybody who saw it Leroy was both making a joke at his own expense by saying that when he was playing people left ten minutes early and paying a compliment to City by saying that nobody's doing that now.

If he has an axe to grind then he's hiding it extremely well as he came across as somebody who liked the club and was pleased that they won.

I'm baffled by some of the posts on this thread; as was clear to anybody who saw it Leroy was both making a joke at his own expense by saying that when he was playing people left ten minutes early and paying a compliment to City by saying that nobody's doing that now.

If he has an axe to grind then he's hiding it extremely well as he came across as somebody who liked the club and was pleased that they won.

I think he is dislike by association of his son.

Really quite sad, as I though Leroy was a good player for us, and in the main sticks up and puts us in a good light in the media. I will always remember him best, not for being a bloody good striker, who I still think was the best header of a ball I have seen (considering his height) but for his brilliant defensive performance where he marked 6ft 8 Keving Francis out of the game up at Stockport in the cup. A truely awsome performance, right up there with the best defensive performances I have seen from any of our defenders. pertty amazing seeing he never plyed there! Shame about his dodgy knees and funny run!

Each to their own I say. Depends where people are traveling from and how.

Its easy to live a 10 minute walk/drive away and sit in your seat till the end and preach. Much different if leaving 5 mins early can save you 20 mins in traffic or missing your train.

Same amount leave in the Dolman as any other stand in the country. Problem is the exits mean people have the travel the length of the stand to get out giving the appearance of a mass exodus.

It won't be as apparent when the Dolman refurbishment is underway

Errr...when the refurbishment is underway there won't be anyone in the Dolman, unless they are wearing hi-viz and a hardhat... :D

Archived