IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Argyle Loan

ollywhyte

O'Driscoll said not long after he joined City that the younger players could do with some regular football and first team experience and that going out on loan would be a good option.

Bryan and Reid, yes, Burns has already shown he has a lot to offer.

I think Bryan has impressed me the most from the 3 of them.

Bryan's looked fine but I'm not as impressed with him as some.

As well as looking a very exciting player I think Burns is further forward physically, so more ready for the hurly burly of Championship football.

It's obviously early days and there aren't many posts on the subject but it doesn't seem that Bryan had a good game this evening. He played left midfield.

"Useless, send him back"

"Looks leagues below League 2"

"He played it simple, nothing else to say"

"I hope he's only a stop-gap before XXXX (regular left midfielder) is fit"

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=74885&start=45

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=74897

Christ those Plymouth fans moan more than us lot on here! What do they expect in their position? Someone sign up to their forum and put them straight...

Bryan's better than that level easily. Those muppets are confusing a debut in a shitty team completely absent any confidence with an indication of ability.

For some reason I despise Plymouth, perhaps we should just call him back and send him somewhere not quite so shit.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=74897&start=15

The poor lad has been hammered, will be interesting to see how many hold their hands up and say sorry when he settles in and starts helping Argyle out of trouble.

or Joe could turn out like Akindee promised alot in the few games and subs he made but ended up below par,

have to wait and see him in a run but he's always looked light wieght to me which isn't ideal for defense,

He hasn't got the attacking instinct which isn't ideal for a winger,

But he does have a fantastic cross on hiim, theres still alot of his game to work on but he's 20 or 21 now if he doesn't kick on he'll end up like wilson

or Joe could turn out like Akindee promised alot in the few games and subs he made but ended up below par,

have to wait and see him in a run but he's always looked light wieght to me which isn't ideal for defense,

But he does have a fantastic cross on hiim, theres still alot of his game to work on but he's 20 or 21 now if he doesn't kick on he'll end up like wilson

He is 19

He is 19

out by a year or two, point still stands tho,

he needs to kick on we've had so many promising youngsters get to this stage only for their devlopment as footballers come to a complete halt,

People still refer to Wilson as a youngster but he isn't now he's the same age as tango only he's played about 150 games less,

We don't want that to happen, they need to knuckle down and work hard like mr marmite aka skuse

He's primarily a LEFT BACK

Joe Bryan is too good for League 2

If he had the ability to settle in straight away, there would be far better places to send him than Plymouth

He's only 19, filled in capably for Cunningham (one of the best LBs in the Champ till he got injured, on the way back to his best now), able to create things with his pace as well as put a good ball in on his day.

Shame he couldn't go out to L1 as, if worst comes to the worst he will be playing for us if we end up there next season - Cunningham would not be around long!

I have been impressed with Bryan whenever he has played at left back (not so much his couple of games on the left wing) and I would agree with a few other posters in saying he is far too good for League 2. In the Blackpool and Middlesbrough games in particular I thought he was excellent and more impressive than Briggs who we should remember was not only on loan from an established Premier League club, but also has a couple years more experience than Joe.

If the worse should happen and we get relegated and lose Cunningham I would have no problem with Bryan starting next season as our first choice left back.

Archived