IGNORED

A Dream Or A Nightmare?

Barrs Court Red

Sadly, Steve L of 'Bristol City FC' has reportedly stated that due to the team being embroiled in a relegation battle this year 'Bristol City FC' would not be available.

Other rumours around the net would appear to confirm that the proposed league would be pointless and doomed to failure without 'Bristol City FC' .

It was also discussed that the inclusion of 'Bristol Rovers FC' would be advantageous, given the current wholesale market price for gas.

Until the misunderstanding was pointed out regarding Gas & gas

OK so say the club owners agree to the proposal and it this super dream league runs every two years; think of the effects in each country that submits a participant.

In this country at least every two years four extra teams would have to be promoted throughout the football pyramid to replace the four who've gone to taken Arabian money. Then a year later, four extra teams would have to be relegated so we could readmit those four to the Prem. I know that's unfair, but these are big clubs so we MUST pander to their requirements.

No matter how good the competitoion, someone would have to finish bottom of that league.

For a year at a time, some top stadia such at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge etc would stand idle & unused unless the Reserves played there.

With their team only here for a year, then out of the country for a year, the paying spectators in this country for those big clubs could diminish when they return. The fans would be disillusioned, but who cares, the clubs have that Arabian money in the bank.

OK so say the club owners agree to the proposal and it this super dream league runs every two years; think of the effects in each country that submits a participant.

In this country at least every two years four extra teams would have to be promoted throughout the football pyramid to replace the four who've gone to taken Arabian money. Then a year later, four extra teams would have to be relegated so we could readmit those four to the Prem. I know that's unfair, but these are big clubs so we MUST pander to their requirements.

No matter how good the competitoion, someone would have to finish bottom of that league.

For a year at a time, some top stadia such at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge etc would stand idle & unused unless the Reserves played there.

With their team only here for a year, then out of the country for a year, the paying spectators in this country for those big clubs could diminish when they return. The fans would be disillusioned, but who cares, the clubs have that Arabian money in the bank.

It would be like the WC and have no affect on the domestic leagues except for tired players come August. It would be a group and knockout like the WC and Euros

If only this were nailed on and permanent... I'd absolutely love it if this happened, then the rest of us can get on with playing football.

after first thinking you were nuts, after about thirty seconds realised you're spot on. English football would be all the better if the top lot just did one to the middle east. had enough of the England's football royalty fluttering their bank notes and pissing gold. that said, it's likely footballs soul is already too damaged and beyond saving.

after first thinking you were nuts, after about thirty seconds realised you're spot on. English football would be all the better if the top lot just did one to the middle east. had enough of the England's football royalty fluttering their bank notes and pissing gold. that said, it's likely footballs soul is already too damaged and beyond saving.

Knowing rather than thinking that I'm nuts aside, my thoughts exactly.

It would be like the WC and have no affect on the domestic leagues except for tired players come August. It would be a group and knockout like the WC and Euros

Thanks for that; I read it as being a 24 team League thus taking 5-6 months to complete.

Archived