IGNORED

Football Coverage Is Biased Rubbish

Robin 101

I am fed up!!!!! Every time you go onto any type of media its all the same. TV is mainly SKY now for the football and the coverage of anything except the premier league and Champions League is crap. The bbcs so called unbiased lower league coverage(TFLS) is the same poor presenters who give anything other than the top few teams per league a 30 second slot with hardly ever any analysis and their opinion is that every team is solely obsessed with reaching the premier league.

The radio isnt much better with bbc 5 live following the rest of the bbc into deciding to become a reality tv/radio broadcaster and the only championship or lower games being pushed onto a station only availlible on a tv or DAB.

Talksport is even worse with (sport) being optional and should be more appropiatly renamed talkfootball or even talkpremierleague with very little except Premier league talk or betting news.

Even worse are the fans in this country with fans from Arsenal and liverpool moaning that they havnt won a cup in at least 1 bloody year!!! I mean I have never seen my team play in the top division and cant see it happening in the next few years. Chelsea Fans (moaning idiots) I DONT CARE if you havent had a manager for more than a year you won the Champions League last year for goodness sake, go talk to Pompey or port vale or wimbeldon fans and you will get a feeling for what a REAL football fan experiences every year. STOP glory hunting and try to accept that the premier league is more fake than any other league in britain.

RANT OVER

ps.thats my longest ever post :)

I'd rather watch Swansea/Arsenal each week on MOTD playing nice football, with quality players, than watching the gas lump the ball up field against Burton or whoever.

Pretty simple, you give the mass what they want, which is the best players, best football etc.

Trouble is Sky, S*n & Times are all Murdoch owned so will always big up the 'product', difficult to see what can change.

We haven't even got good old HTV any more to give us Soccer Special with Uncle Rog on a sunday afternoon.

To be fair to the FL show is that it would finish at about 3 in the morning if they did proper analysis etc. I don't mind to be fair. Love talking to people about footy and talking about Kelly, Albert and Stead and they haven't a monkeys. Don't care for the radio too. I will listen if i can to any city game I'm not at but it's not too bad.

been like this for years robin

was even worse when we were in the top flight we never hardly got a mention anywhere and I mean anywhere

How unfair, HTV might have accidently mentioned us once or twice ...........

Okay as stated....... 'by accident' when we were playing more glam teams

How unfair, HTV might have accidently mentioned us once or twice ...........

Okay as stated....... 'by accident' when we were playing more glam teams

HTV always showed the game from the same region (LWT?) regardless of whether our game was shown on one of the other regions. Tossers - just like HTV West and all the other "local" broadcasters.

It would be nice if the football league show, properly focused on one game from each division each week followed by extended (5-10 mins) of extended highlights with a short reel with every other goal in the division.

The media are right to blame for this as ITV's tosh was directed solely at the recently relegated clubs in each division.

If there are gates of 20k, 10k and 5k in the league, half of these may want to see highlights - shifting the focus with half decent research would improve the impact of the limited offering we have as the lesser breed of football fans.

The football league paper isn't a bad read, most of the time

HTV always showed the game from the same region (LWT?) regardless of whether our game was shown on one of the other regions. Tossers - just like HTV West and all the other "local" broadcasters.

Hard to tell here in Dorset........ we could only just pick up a fuzzy HTV signal....... but we deffo watched a BCFC game or two by HTV by mistake?

Oh it got better signal wise, when my Dad had an aerial installed pointing in the opposite direction just so he could get HTV & Points West (or what ever the BBC thing was called then).

Hard to tell here in Dorset........ we could only just pick up a fuzzy HTV signal....... but we deffo watched a BCFC game or two by HTV by mistake?

Oh it got better signal wise, when my Dad had an aerial installed pointing in the opposite direction just so he could get HTV & Points West (or what ever the BBC thing was called then).

It's always been Points West to my knowledge !

I am fed up!!!!! Every time you go onto any type of media its all the same. TV is mainly SKY now for the football and the coverage of anything except the premier league and Champions League is crap. The bbcs so called unbiased lower league coverage(TFLS) is the same poor presenters who give anything other than the top few teams per league a 30 second slot with hardly ever any analysis and their opinion is that every team is solely obsessed with reaching the premier league.

The radio isnt much better with bbc 5 live following the rest of the bbc into deciding to become a reality tv/radio broadcaster and the only championship or lower games being pushed onto a station only availlible on a tv or DAB.

Talksport is even worse with (sport) being optional and should be more appropiatly renamed talkfootball or even talkpremierleague with very little except Premier league talk or betting news.

Even worse are the fans in this country with fans from Arsenal and liverpool moaning that they havnt won a cup in at least 1 bloody year!!! I mean I have never seen my team play in the top division and cant see it happening in the next few years. Chelsea Fans (moaning idiots) I DONT CARE if you havent had a manager for more than a year you won the Champions League last year for goodness sake, go talk to Pompey or port vale or wimbeldon fans and you will get a feeling for what a REAL football fan experiences every year. STOP glory hunting and try to accept that the premier league is more fake than any other league in britain.

RANT OVER

ps.thats my longest ever post :)

Sounded like some**** from weston !

Yes, about twice a season they showed a local game, usually involving Cardiff, who (for the benefit of the young 'uns) played in blue in those days.

No, I was talking about the networked regional shows, where they never took a show from the "wrong" region, even if City were playing.

sorry if I come across as bitter but at school and that with all your freinds are rangers and celtic fans it is hard to keep up with city but I do my best

I totally understand. Having grown up away from Bristol myself amongst the glory hunter Premier league fans generation for whom nothing outside the Prem exists it has been getting increasingly difficult to find anything reliable on City. What with the BBC website unsure as to who Davies scored for at the weekend (it's been corrected now- I checked!) it does become more and more frustrating.

But chin up,... I've found OTIB to be one of the most reliable source around and at the most part good humoured fun..... :whistle:

I totally understand. Having grown up away from Bristol myself amongst the glory hunter Premier league fans generation for whom nothing outside the Prem exists it has been getting increasingly difficult to find anything reliable on City. What with the BBC website unsure as to who Davies scored for at the weekend (it's been corrected now- I checked!) it does become more and more frustrating.

But chin up,... I've found OTIB to be one of the most reliable source around and at the most part good humoured fun.....

:whistle:

He he he

Archived